Homebrew postLoader4

dyerseve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PL4.7.4 flies, the speed of it blows wiiflow out of the water, great work. I finally got my nands figured out, and just trying to get the remaining pieces in place, majora's mask, Castlevania ReBirth, etc.
When I set them to neek2o mode, all that happens is the neek2o loads, the items are not auto starting, what am I missing? I have the neek2o channel in my emunands and realnand, postloader forwarder on real and emunand.

I'm also a bit unclear about what some of the "neek" options and buttons do, or maybe they aren't working for me.
At the bottom is a neek button, I found out that boots whatever NAND I was in last. But then in the settings menu is "Change UNEEK NAND" just seems to reboot postloader, again I may be missing some file, is this intended to boot into neek2o directly? I worry about this because right now my nands are really light (less than 8 titles each) once I put more wads in I'm certain neek2o won't load directly, I don't want to get in a state where postloader will be stuck trying an emunand that is overloaded.

Using neek2o rev 96
Postloader 4.7.4

I continue to have freezups downloading covers, is this throttling by the website or some other issue? Had to power off the wii several times just to get through a small batch of covers.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When I set them to neek2o mode, all that happens is the neek2o loads, the items are not auto starting, what am I missing? I have the neek2o channel in my emunands and realnand, postloader forwarder on real and emunand.

you may want to check this

http://postloader.dnsdynamic.net/index.php?id=readmii.txt

search for neek2obooter.app.

PL4.7.4 flies, the speed of it blows wiiflow out of the water, great work. I finally got my nands figured out, and just trying to get the remaining pieces in I'm also a bit unclear about what some of the "neek" options and buttons do, or maybe they aren't working for me.
At the bottom is a neek button, I found out that boots whatever NAND I was in last. But then in the settings menu is "Change UNEEK NAND" just seems to reboot postloader, again I may be missing some file, is this intended to boot into neek2o directly? I worry about this because right now my nands are really light (less than 8 titles each) once I put more wads in I'm certain neek2o won't load directly, I don't want to get in a state where postloader will be stuck trying an emunand that is overloaded.

Neek button should be available only when you are in realnand mode. Maybe are you confusing nand emulation with neek support ?

I continue to have freezups downloading covers, is this throttling by the website or some other issue? Had to power off the wii several times just to get through a small batch of covers.

mmm... maybe it is freezing while downloading covers because one of download site doesn't exist more... I need to check this...

dyerseve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may want to check this

http://postloader.dnsdynamic.net/index.php?id=readmii.txt

search for neek2obooter.app.

Neek button should be available only when you are in realnand mode. Maybe are you confusing nand emulation with neek support ?
*facepalm* so I should RTFM, I'm not sure how I missed the huge sections of information at the bottom of the readmii.
You rock! It's all working perfectly now.
So in each nand I replaced 00000098.app with neek2obooter.app and then added the ini file in the data folder to make the system restart when exiting from a neek2o loaded game.

I had one other bug and it was a result of the cover downloads freezing up, I had a few png files that were partials and whenever i scrolled to that page in postloader it would crash to HBC for some reason.
I ended up removing the corrupted images and just downloading the full covers zip from gametdb. It is all working fast and beautifully now.

Thanks, stfour!

Reactions: stfour

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I haven't contributed in almost 2 years, but I'm working on adding Nintendont support to postLoader. I have Nintendont auto booting just fine, but I need to add the pretty stuff like menus and whatnot (right now I hijacked the Devolution loading function for simplicity), and make it not hard-code which ISO to load. :)

Edit: I'm basically finished now, but there's no video mode forcing, like Devolution. If it really becomes a problem, I can try again to make it work, but I didn't have much luck. I pretty much let Nintendont decide what video mode to use, so the menu option for video mode doesn't do anything right now.

Edit 2: Here it is. https://github.com/thedax/postloader/releases/download/4.7.5/postloader.4.7.5.zip

Keep in mind this is a semi-unofficial release, so it might have bugs and such. The source code is here: https://github.com/thedax/postloader, more specifically, this commit: https://github.com/thedax/postloader/commit/ddf012ba85a644e8d1c43524f53d3d5437750ed1

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I haven't contributed in almost 2 years, but I'm working on adding Nintendont support to postLoader. I have Nintendont auto booting just fine, but I need to add the pretty stuff like menus and whatnot (right now I hijacked the Devolution loading function for simplicity), and make it not hard-code which ISO to load. :)

Edit: I'm basically finished now, but there's no video mode forcing, like Devolution. If it really becomes a problem, I can try again to make it work, but I didn't have much luck. I pretty much let Nintendont decide what video mode to use, so the menu option for video mode doesn't do anything right now.

Edit 2: Here it is. https://github.com/thedax/postloader/releases/download/4.7.5/postloader.4.7.5.zip

Keep in mind this is a semi-unofficial release, so it might have bugs and such. The source code is here: https://github.com/thedax/postloader, more specifically, this commit: https://github.com/thedax/postloader/commit/ddf012ba85a644e8d1c43524f53d3d5437750ed1
it's code dumping here, using sd only setup on old wii with gc controller + mcemu (nmm) on
I noticed 2 different dumps though, the second one is the famous one while trying to load the kernel

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hallo !
I found another bug in plugins.conf:
In N64 mode "wii64mod6" runs ok
but if i select the "not64" emulator to load the game it doesn't load the rom, it just start the emulator !
Then when I am in the emulator i can load any roms but is little annoying to do.

I wasn't able to fix this !
Could anyone fix it for me ?
Thanx

Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Hallo !
but if i select the "not64" emulator to load the game it doesn't load the rom, it just start the emulator !
Then when I am in the emulator i can load any roms but is little annoying to do.

Thanx
Maybe Abz or stfour can check it out when they get a chance. I can't wait to have a few days off to finally try all this, I did make the changes you've been implementing though, so thank u for that gig71.

Reactions: gig71

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
it's code dumping here, using sd only setup on old wii with gc controller + mcemu (nmm) on
I noticed 2 different dumps though, the second one is the famous one while trying to load the kernel

Can you explain your setup a little more? Do you have the nintendont boot.dol in sd:/apps/nintendont? That's where postLoader is looking for it (or usb:/apps/nintendont/boot.dol, if your games are on USB). It tries to boot Nintendont from the same device your games are stored on. Are you loading it from the homebrew category, or the GC game category, with the mode set to Nintendont (this is the preferred method, since I went to the trouble of coding it. :P)? Does this same SD card work fine if you boot Nintendont from the Homebrew Channel?

Edit: It seems like the way postLoader loads homebrew isn't exactly how Nintendont likes it. If I load the game with the PL3 forwarder channel option enabled, it boots fine along with the game I picked, but when it isn't enabled, it crashes. That's odd. Setting postLoader to boot with IOS 249 also works (I disabled the PL3 channel option at this point). I guess the IOS 58+ mode doesn't work 100% correctly. Hm, even with IOS 249 it seems to randomly crash..With USB, I didn't see any of these crashes, so it's just a bit weird. :unsure:

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Can you explain your setup a little more? Do you have the nintendont boot.dol in sd:/apps/nintendont? That's where postLoader is looking for it (or usb:/apps/nintendont/boot.dol, if your games are on USB). It tries to boot Nintendont from the same device your games are stored on. Are you loading it from the homebrew category, or the GC game category, with the mode set to Nintendont (this is the preferred method, since I went to the trouble of coding it. :P)? Does this same SD card work fine if you boot Nintendont from the Homebrew Channel?

Edit: It seems like the way postLoader loads homebrew isn't exactly how Nintendont likes it. If I load the game with the PL3 forwarder channel option enabled, it boots fine along with the game I picked, but when it isn't enabled, it crashes. That's odd. Setting postLoader to boot with IOS 249 also works (I disabled the PL3 channel option at this point). I guess the IOS 58+ mode doesn't work 100% correctly. Hm, even with IOS 249 it seems to randomly crash..With USB, I didn't see any of these crashes, so it's just a bit weird. :unsure:
yes nintendont launches fine from hbc, no errors no codedumps from sd\apps\nintendont
when using Wiiflow or GX it loads fine the first time then if I load reset stub and launch another game I get the failed to load kenel dump (ending with 9146000C)
here using your dol nintendont starts then I get another codedump > then reloading postloader after 10 secs then if I launch the game again I get the 9146000C dump)

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hallo !

Thanx
here you go v10 with not64 fixed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k35yaxckrgbjtjx/plugins.conf
thanks to Abz

MikeNeedsAssistance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
needing some help badly, so I setup a emulated NAND via ModMii and I installed everything properly (pretty sure) and now I'm attempting to access the emulated NAND, the only way I can do that is renaming bootmiineek to bootmii and loading via HBC. loading Postloader doesn't let me run the emu NAND, for the first option (something like boot neek2o) it says it couldn't find the neek2o kernel. then for the second option it just doesn't load a single thing. using the latest versions of postloader and UNEEK and whatnot. if I boot Postloader via the installed channel in the emulated NAND via the bootmiineek to bootmii method, it doesn't show my games I have on the external, I'm stumped to hell and would appreciate any help. my external is fat32 with 32bit clusters (of course).

also if I try to change the nand path in postloader via the "ghetto" method I mentioned, it says cannot open sd://ploader/plneek.dir (which doesn't exist) and how the uneek nand must be in usb://nands, which it is. its under nands/pl_us/

any help?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Semi-unofficial postLoader 4.7.6:
* Fix some English grammatical issues.
* Attempt to fix crash when booting Nintendont off SD (no promises, though).
* Log more verbosely when booting Nintendont, for debugging purposes.

I wonder if I should be numbering these differently since they're unofficial..

In any case, WiiFreasko, can you see if this helps your crash issue (not the 9146000C crash with USB GX and Nintendont itself, I mean the one that happens the first time you boot postLoader)? If not, can you create a file on your sd card at "sd:/ploader.log" (in other words, make "ploader.log" at the root of your SD card) and post whatever is inside it, if it does crash? Hopefully it'll give something useful..

https://github.com/thedax/postloader/releases/download/4.7.6/postLoader.4.7.6.zip

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Semi-unofficial postLoader 4.7.6:
* Fix some English grammatical issues.
* Attempt to fix crash when booting Nintendont off SD (no promises, though).
* Log more verbosely when booting Nintendont, for debugging purposes.

I wonder if I should be numbering these differently since they're unofficial..

In any case, WiiFreasko, can you see if this helps your crash issue (not the 9146000C crash with USB GX and Nintendont itself, I mean the one that happens the first time you boot postLoader)? If not, can you create a file on your sd card at "sd:/ploader.log" (in other words, make "ploader.log" at the root of your SD card) and post whatever is inside it, if it does crash? Hopefully it'll give something useful..

https://github.com/thedax/postloader/releases/download/4.7.6/postLoader.4.7.6.zip
it worked now! thanks dax :)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Excellent. I figured it was something to do with how I was initialising stuff. I admit it was dirty before. Thanks for the reply.

Out of curiosity, does your 9146000C crash still happen when loaded from postLoader? It'd be interesting to know if that's an issue with Nintendont or loaders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy