Hacking Post your WiiU cheat codes here!

Pounou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
New Super Mario Bross U + New super Luigi U EUR\Disk:

99 Lives [Pounou]:
36A7116C 00000063

Modify your point for high score [Pounou]:
3ED62FC8 05F5E0FF
be sure to be on a stage and collect one coin before poke the cheat

99 Coins [Pounou]:
3ED62FC4 00000063
be sure to be on a stage and collect one coin before poke the cheat

Last edited by Pounou,

Pounou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I will add time hack for set it to 999 in new super mario brosh u + luigi.
Did someone try my others cheat ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I fixed the code layout, item list, etc.

Please keep the same format for all codes, it's a mess if everyone start posting with its own layout.

- use the same layout used on Geckocodes ! (ComoCortney, you have a lot of Wii codes posted there, why not keep the same format for WiiU?)
- don't use "????????" but XXXXXXXX or other letters not from hexadecimal. it's easier to see layout with XXXXYYZZ instead of "????????"
- don't use XXXXXXXX when possible values are 8 bit, but 000000XX
- don't post description first, keep the value first. 1) it looks better, and it's easier to read/find what you want 2) parsing the value with a cheat engine will be a lot easier !
example :

don't post :
this: xxxxx
Super
useful on multi line
code : xxxx
another code : xxxxx

but
xx = value description
xx = value description
xx = value description
etc.

Sorry to sounds like a bother, it's just easier to keep it clean from the start.
thank you.

Reactions: CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
OP
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
I fixed the code layout, item list, etc.

Please keep the same format for all codes, it's a mess if everyone start posting with its own layout.

- use the same layout used on Geckocodes ! (ComoCortney, you have a lot of Wii codes posted there, why not keep the same format for WiiU?)
- don't use "????????" but XXXXXXXX or other letters not from hexadecimal. it's easier to see layout with XXXXYYZZ instead of "????????"
- don't use XXXXXXXX when possible values are 8 bit, but 000000XX
- don't post description first, keep the value first. 1) it looks better, and it's easier to read/find what you want 2) parsing the value with a cheat engine will be a lot easier !
example :

don't post :
this: xxxxx
Super
useful on multi line
code : xxxx
another code : xxxxx

but
xx = value description
xx = value description
xx = value description
etc.

Sorry to sounds like a bother, it's just easier to keep it clean from the start.
thank you.

Sometimes I use ???????? instead because people on GameHacking.org do this to their database where I'm recently submitting my codes.
And I decided to use RRRRRRRR XX for 8bit codes because poking 8bit addresses in the RRRRRRRR 000000XX sheme doesn't always work as we want to. (one example: 10000002 00000011 won't (always) write 11 at 10000002. instead it writes 00000011 at 10000000)
The (gcn) Action Replay and Gecko code types have this problem solved.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I saw you used RRRRRRR XX, but I left these one untouched. this is (at least it was on Wii) fine with gecko too.
Sorry, I didn't know there were another website you submitted the codes. I'll go check gamehacking.org

edit:
about the "???" I'm thinking about future cheatcode parser.
the program should be able to detect when a code has user values and display a list of possible choices.
using "???" is fine to detect it needs user input, but will not generate a list of possible values based on the location (example : XXXX replaced with a list of value for XXXX, same for YYYY etc.)

same for writting the value before the "=", the parser could detect if a line has this sign and generate a list of choices to replace into XXXX.

or maybe someone (will) have a better idea for a code parser.

cfoordddd

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it was an unneeded else statement. Try this one.
hmm nope still doesn't seem to work, this time it's giving me both "complex resolve & simple resolve" over and over again

upload_2015-9-27_22-6-56.png

CosmoCortney

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
I saw you used RRRRRRR XX, but I left these one untouched. this is (at least it was on Wii) fine with gecko too.
Sorry, I didn't know there were another website you submitted the codes. I'll go check gamehacking.org

edit:
the program should be able to detect when a code has user values and display a list of possible choices.
using "???" is fine to detect it needs user input, but will not generate a list of possible values based on the location (example : XXXX replaced with a list of value for XXXX, same for YYYY etc.)
This is a good idea!
As you can see on the "Actor modifiers" here "???" is detected by a sort of parser to make all entries selectable.
If you leave the "modifiers" textbox blank there will be a slider where you can adjust any arbitrary value that fits into the data size :)

Edit: here are all the options you can see when registered as a code contributor:
upload_2015-9-27_14-18-23.png

Last edited by CosmoCortney,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, that's what I meant.
But it looks like you can only have one joker, not more in the same code ?

AAAAAAAA XXXXYYYY

XXXX = ItemID
YYYY = amount

how do you register such code on that database? it's possible?
maybe it's already possible, and that website have already implemented such structure. I might not think of all possible combination and possibility yet.
Maybe it's using range value or array size,"list of choice for array[0] to array[3]" "list of choice for array[4] to array[7]". (or using something like a struct)
struct ???????? {
word ItemID,
word Amout }
ItemID_array[list of Items]
etc.

if you have suggestion, you can share them
I don't want to be the only one giving orders ;)

It's not like there's already a website to store them, or a tool to parse them. It's probably too soon to think about it, but I always try to think how to do things to be compatible with future features to prevent rewriting new formats later.
Even if there will be no parser or website, having a fixed format is cleaner on the first post.

CosmoCortney

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
But it looks like you can only have one joker, not more in the same code ?
That's right, "????" is the only possible variable over there

how do you register such code on that database? it's possible?
You have to contact an admin and show them some of your codes

if you have suggestion, you can share them
It's not like there's already a website to store them, or a tool to parse them. It's probably too soon to think about it, but I always try to think how to do things to be compatible with future features to prevent rewriting new formats later. but having a fixed format is cleaner on the first post.

What I can suggest is already said :D
XX, YY, ZZ for variable values.
Maybe adding a checkbox to convert floats to hex to XXXXXXXX (enter 23.45 and 41BB999A will be filled in)

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
hmm nope still doesn't seem to work, this time it's giving me both "complex resolve & simple resolve" over and over again

Well thats actually good! it resolved your inner address but for some reason it didn't go through with complex operation. give me a few minutes and I'll post up another one. This time, I think we'll get it.

Reactions: cfoordddd

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country

edit:

same for writting the value before the "=", the parser could detect if a line has this sign and generate a list of choices to replace into XXXX.

or maybe someone (will) have a better idea for a code parser.

I just needs to be consistent. I'm using regular expressions for my parser and just making sure that everyone defines their pointers the same way is important to me. I don't need an = for my regular expression

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This one should hopefully fix your issue. Please let me know. I swapped the Simple resolver and complex resolver, but put an extra check into make sure the simple resolver doesn't run on first on complex types.

Attachments

• cheat.py.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 186
Reactions: cfoordddd

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone tried to stall or add time in SNES/NES masterpieces in Super Smash Bros U ? I didn't look at it yet but i'm sure this should be doable no ?

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
About pointers code
Pointers are noted like this :
[AAAAAAAA] + xxx BBBBBBBB

the difference is that instead of poking the value of B at address A, you need to look at the address located at [A] and add xxx to it. this is the location where you need to poke B.
Example :
[1012345] + 1A BBBBBBBB
1. go to 1012345
2. open your calculator and write the value you found at that position.
3. add 1A to get a new address (the result is the location where you need to poke).
4. go to that result address
5. poke BBBBBBB
I just don't get how to do this, I'm a complete TCPGecko beginner and I don't quite know how to use HEX codes...
According to this it says search for the value in [...] in Memory Viewer, copy the value from that position, calculate the new one (example with the Windows Calculator in HEX-Mode), search that one again and... poke BBB...? What to poke there when people write "xxxxx", example for Mario Kart?

Sorry if this sounds noobish but I really want to get involved into this whole thing here :D

Mega-Mew

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[About pointers code
Pointers are noted like this :
[AAAAAAAA] + xxx BBBBBBBB

the difference is that instead of poking the value of B at address A, you need to look at the address located at [A] and add xxx to it. this is the location where you need to poke B.
Example :
[1012345] + 1A BBBBBBBB
1. go to 1012345
2. open your calculator and write the value you found at that position.
3. add 1A to get a new address (the result is the location where you need to poke).
4. go to that result address
5. poke BBBBBBB/QUOTE]

100x more easy than the DS pointer system :P
And about MK8 speed code, have you updated your game to 4.1 ? I would like to see in it

Last edited by Mega-Mew,

CosmoCortney

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
I just don't get how to do this, I'm a complete TCPGecko beginner and I don't quite know how to use HEX codes...
According to this it says search for the value in [...] in Memory Viewer, copy the value from that position, calculate the new one (example with the Windows Calculator in HEX-Mode), search that one again and... poke BBB...? What to poke there when people write "xxxxx", example for Mario Kart?

Sorry if this sounds noobish but I really want to get involved into this whole thing here :D
have you ever tried messing with existing cheat codes?
normal codes are pretty much self-explaining. 19E236EC 12345678 means that the value 12345678 is written on address 19E236EC in the RAM.
A pointer code is a bit different. [19E236EC] +80 12345678: The value of address 19E236EC is another address that always redirects to the right memory location were we want the cheat to be active. This is needed when addresses change. 80 just add an offset to the address held on 19E236EC because this is where our cheat is in the RAM.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

100x more easy than the DS pointer system :P
And about MK8 speed code, have you updated your game to 4.1 ? I would like to see in it
The GCN Action Replay pointer type is a mess too ._.

Reactions: Mega-Mew

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
have you ever tried messing with existing cheat codes?
normal codes are pretty much self-explaining. 19E236EC 12345678 means that the value 12345678 is written on address 19E236EC in the RAM.
A pointer code is a bit different. [19E236EC] +80 12345678: The value of address 19E236EC is another address that always redirects to the right memory location were we want the cheat to be active. This is needed when addresses change. 80 just add an offset to the address held on 19E236EC because this is where our cheat is in the RAM.
No because the more funny stuff is made via pointer locations :(
Anyways, yeah, I still don't get it sorry. I know that a pointer redirects to the value where we need to replace stuff but that's all then...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Never heard of it. Any good?