Hacking Post your WiiU cheat codes here!

Lokote2134

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There could be but I don't like making codes to beat the game for me. I like to think of hacks as a way to "assist" in getting all of the collectibles.

I also hate using guides but I feel like I might have to if there really are 900 koroks :|
i have breath of the wild on my switch and i have gotten every shrine and almost all the armors on it i dont want to do it again on wii u im just messing around on wii u with cheats for fun :P

skoolzout1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So.. whilst searching around it seems that all/most of a levels Object Data seems to be stored between 403f0000 and 40400000

If you search for ascii strings for object names you can find what seem to be the objects in the dungeon, and some other things in this area,

one thing i found is: AncientBall and also DgnObj_Hrl_CandleStandA_01

ive found other objects like the elevators but i didnt write down their name.

i briefly tried "replacing" The AncientBall (which i assume is the orange-ish balls that you place into the holes) with the Blue candlesticks (which is what i assume DgnObj_Hrl_CandleStandA_01 is..) but no immediate changes took effect, and reentering the dungeon with the address frozen with the new ASCII string just results in an infinite load screen..

It also seems like these some of these objects can be found in the 45B00000 - 46000000 area and strangely the weapon and shield you enter the dungeon with is saved in this area aswell. but i havent tested much out in this area

somebody else should take a look around these areas, if we find a way to replace objects we could make custom dungeons :0

.. we might also find the current location around these areas and be able to teleport link to different areas upon entering loading zones... but its all just a theory

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.. whilst searching around it seems that all/most of a levels Object Data seems to be stored between 403f0000 and 40400000

If you search for ascii strings for object names you can find what seem to be the objects in the dungeon, and some other things in this area,

one thing i found is: AncientBall and also DgnObj_Hrl_CandleStandA_01

ive found other objects like the elevators but i didnt write down their name.

i briefly tried "replacing" The AncientBall (which i assume is the orange-ish balls that you place into the holes) with the Blue candlesticks (which is what i assume DgnObj_Hrl_CandleStandA_01 is..) but no immediate changes took effect, and reentering the dungeon with the address frozen with the new ASCII string just results in an infinite load screen..

It also seems like these some of these objects can be found in the 45B00000 - 46000000 area and strangely the weapon and shield you enter the dungeon with is saved in this area aswell. but i havent tested much out in this area

somebody else should take a look around these areas, if we find a way to replace objects we could make custom dungeons :0

.. we might also find the current location around these areas and be able to teleport link to different areas upon entering loading zones... but its all just a theory

Wow... wait a minute, wouldn't codes for replacing objects require the use of pointers, assuming they move around after you leave/enter a Shrine?

skoolzout1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow... wait a minute, wouldn't codes for replacing objects require the use of pointers, assuming they move around after you leave/enter a Shrine?

Some of the objects seemed to stay static, but others did change. I don't know how useful this area is, it didn't seem to allow anything to be changed very easily, but maybe it could just be used as a place to grab object names, unless someone's extracted all the object names from the original game files... That would be much quicker and easier I would imagine

Searching for the object names would be easier if you could view search results in ascii..

Ahem...

Yes, Im talking to you Bully..

Last edited by skoolzout1,

Mega-Mew

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some of the objects seemed to stay static, but others did change. I don't know how useful this area is, it didn't seem to allow anything to be changed very easily, but maybe it could just be used as a place to grab object names, unless someone's extracted all the object names from the original game files... That would be much quicker and easier I would imagine

Searching for the object names would be easier if you could view search results in ascii..

Ahem...

Yes, Im talking to you Bully..
Replacing item object on the map isn't really hard

1st search the string of the object you want to replace, in a place like this:
1491562059-sans-titre.png

That the byaml data of an area, there is more than 1 because they change with area.
Just replace this string.

And then replace the one that say the object can spawn on this area, you need to change both of them or it'll never spawn.

1491562063-sans-titre1.png

Replacing the fox by a boss and you'll have:

CosmoCortney

Lawn Meower
OP
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany

That the byaml data of an area, there is more than 1 because they change with area.

And then replace the one that say the object can spawn on this area, you need to change both of them or it'll never spawn.

Does this replace all foxes?

skoolzout1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I must have just missed another string then.

Is the base address in your dump that you're looking at 40000000? Or something else?

Mega-Mew

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this replace all foxes?
Yes, all "Animal_Fox_A" in this area will become what you are changing.

I must have just missed another string then.

Is the base address in your dump that you're looking at 40000000? Or something else?
No it's in 10000000-20000000

RAM dump started at 10000000.

I am always making a full RAM dump of a game so I can see everything :P

Last edited by Mega-Mew,

CosmoCortney

Lawn Meower
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
awesome!
I just had a wrong assumption on how the game could handle the object list. I stumbled over this list over and over again, but did not think it'd be of any use.
Good I'll have holidays soon so we could document all object IDs and addresses for the ultimate swap sheet as I did for TP(HD) and WW(HD) :)

Mega-Mew

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
awesome!
I just had a wrong assumption on how the game could handle the object list. I stumbled over this list over and over again, but did not think it'd be of any use.
Good I'll have holidays soon so we could document all object IDs and addresses for the ultimate swap sheet as I did for TP(HD) and WW(HD) :)
Well the problem is that my way change a string of a byaml so if I change the string of an Animal into a Guardian (for example) the guardian will have more string than the animal so it'll overwrite the string beside this string...
I guess with more research you can do this but in a better way that that

skoolzout1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

No it's in 10000000-20000000

RAM dump started at 10000000.

I am always making a full RAM dump of a game so I can see everything :P

Have you found anything that seems to indicate the name of the current location you're currently at? Something that could possibly be used to change which location is loaded upon entering a loading zone

CosmoCortney

Lawn Meower
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
Well the problem is that my way change a string of a byaml so if I change the string of an Animal into a Guardian (for example) the guardian will have more string than the animal so it'll overwrite the string beside this string...
I guess with more research you can do this but in a better way that that
I will see what I can do in the end of next week :)
I dont have my Wii U with me this time so I can't test anything. But I have some RAM dumps on my computer

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have you found anything that seems to indicate the name of the current location you're currently at? Something that could possibly be used to change which location is loaded upon entering a loading zone
I did try changing the coordinates of some trees. But the only thing I could find was the coordinate of the is-visible parameter

Mega-Mew

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope I didn't spend a lot of time into searching stuff in this game, just that and some minor thing that are probably already here.

Isn't coordinate enough to teleport Link anywhere too ?

skoolzout1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope I didn't spend a lot of time into searching stuff in this game, just that and some minor thing that are probably already here.

Isn't coordinate enough to teleport Link anywhere too ?

Not anywhere, I guess the idea is to somehow find a way back into the divine beasts for fun, and possibly find beta/debug rooms :D

Im also now curious if Links model details are within that area near all of the npc's. Maybe we could replace Link with some other model. I know nothing about models and textures so I have no idea how ridiculous this could be.

Wouldn't that be a plot twist.. Instead of us replacing everything else, something else replaces us :0

Mega-Mew

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not anywhere, I guess the idea is to somehow find a way back into the divine beasts for fun, and possibly find beta/debug rooms :D
Oh I see, you could search in the savegame area, for example:
sanctuary XXXX = 0x128
sanctuary YYYY = 0x88
Map = 0x0

Because when you load the savegame it will load all information about where you are, so you'll maybe find what your search here.
When you change coordinate in the savegame part it'll does nothing, because it's only read by the game when you load the savegame.
Real Link coordinate (those who does something when you poke it) are in 10000000-20000000.
So find the potential map ID in the savegame, then search it around where real coordinate are.
Because if you change those in the savegame part, it'll does nothing. (potentionnaly)
This is just tips, I don't know if it'll have an effect but the map ID must be somewhere in the save game, so in 43000000-440000000 (I don't remember exactly, but somewhere here)

skoolzout1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh I see, you could search in the savegame area, for example:
sanctuary XXXX = 0x128
sanctuary YYYY = 0x88
Map = 0x0

Because when you load the savegame it will load all information about where you are, so you'll maybe find what your search here.
When you change coordinate in the savegame part it'll does nothing, because it's only read by the game when you load the savegame.
Real Link coordinate (those who does something when you poke it) are in 10000000-20000000.
So find the potential map ID in the savegame, then search it around where real coordinate are.
Because if you change those in the savegame part, it'll does nothing. (potentionnaly)
This is just tips, I don't know if it'll have an effect but the map ID must be somewhere in the save game, so in 43000000-440000000 (I don't remember exactly, but somewhere here)

Hmmmmm. I see what you're saying, but I also don't think the 43900000 area, which I think is what you're referring to by the "save game" area, is really a save game area. It does contain pretty much all of the information about links unlockables and equipment. But I would think that the real save game would be stored on the hard drive, and thus it's inaccessible through RAM dumps. Unless I'm not fully understanding what you mean, I don't see how we could read the save game data without dumping it from the hard drive separately.

As a side note, I've noticed it seems every wind waker trainer seems to have a "warping" code similar to what we're after here, what did it look like in that game? And how was it found? (I've never used the trainer)

If anyone knows

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: there is a panda in chat, that is true +2