Hacking Post your questions about which flashcart to buy

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Splych said:
Load NDS Games : AceKard 2.1/2i (if you are getting DSi)
Load GBA Games : M3Real Perfect/Deluxe Bundle
RTS : CycloDS Evolution
In-Game Guide: CycloDS Evolution
Wii - DS Connectivity: CycloDS
and I think it's debateable if you aren't better off with an Acekard2.1 + EZ Flash 3 in 1 bundle for GBA, since the M3 really lacks on the DS-side of things, imo. (yeah they have RTS, but the cheat-system is flawed and they have two seperate firmwares, with the better of them scarsely getting updatet [really just fokus on Sakura and drop that old thing])

pablitro said:
I can't find that dealextreme you're talking about

Thanx again.
ääääääääääääähm dealextreme.com ?

QUOTE(PGdude @ Apr 10 2009, 10:08 AM)
That's quite cool. I have a quick one for a friend that'd like a flashcart too.

Use? - Games
Price Range? - Up to £30 (preferably the cheapest option)
Slot 1/2? - 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
GBA compatibility? - Yes
Special features? SDHC, not much really, just as long as it works.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular AceKard2, M3 Real, or cheap cart with a slot 2 expansion.

Any ideas on this simple one for my friend?

I personally don't know which would be better =P
I would go with an Acekard 2 + EZ 3 in 1

PGdude

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is this because you find the AceKard2 to be a better/more reliable card?

I'd buy the same if that's the case, because it's a little more expensive with the 3 in 1 than the M3 bundle.

It makes sense.

xylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently lost my CycloDS Evolution with no way of finding it
unsure.gif
and now I'm looking for another flashcart. I've been researching (yet again) and found many great carts that could replace my Cyclo *and mend my broken heart after such a loss*. CycloDS is the best cart out there these days but what do you guys and gals think
yaynds.gif
?

Choices...

AceKard 2
d563ca94d62c5a6aa647a595eeaa66c5.image.57x38.jpg

CycloDS Evolution
file_2_15.jpg

M3DS Real
50x50_M3DSREALCARD.gif

EZFlash V
GN100X.JPG

DSTopToy
dstt.jpg

Supercard DSONE
bg_50.jpg

Features I'm looking for... (* signifies the order of importance from highest to lowest in this list)
  • SDHC Compatibility *****
  • EZFlash V 3-in-1 Support *****
  • Cheat Code Ability ****
  • Soft-Reset ****
  • RealTime Save/Load****
  • Multiple Loader Compatibility ****
  • Text Reader **
  • Passme Ability **
  • DSi Compatible Flashcart *
  • Any other nice features welcome!
Things I Need...
  • Constant Updates
  • Perfect/Near Perfect Games and Homebrew Compatibility
  • Reliable Team Support
  • Nice, Customizable GUI
  • Media Player/Playback
BTW: This topic should really be stickied! Oh and remember that I'd like to try something new but if Cyclo is the way to go again then it'll be fine with me...

B

ball2012003

anaxs said:
which one is better for dsi.....ak2i or ez flashVi
i am wondering the same thing
which should i get
i heard someone on this site say that if nintendo blocks the new i cards the ez flash vi could just update
their kernal and make it work again
is this true and if it is can the acekard 2i do that
anyways which one should i get
and i dont care about these cards only supporting ds mode like Another Worlds keeps saying
i just want to play roms on the dsi and when another flashcart come out for the dsi that supports
dsi mode then i will also get that one too
but for right now ez flash vi or acekard 2i

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
PGdude said:
Is this because you find the AceKard2 to be a better/more reliable card?

I'd buy the same if that's the case, because it's a little more expensive with the 3 in 1 than the M3 bundle.

It makes sense.
Where are you buying from? At DX Acekard 2.1 and EZ 3 in 1 are cheaper by about 13$ o.O :
AK2.1: 11,08$
EZ3in1: 18,40$

M3Real Bundle: 42,85$

What's better is really a matter of preference. I have said a lot of times in this thread why I don't like the M3, but some people do...

QUOTE(xylos @ Apr 11 2009, 12:52 AM) Features I'm looking for... (* signifies the order of importance from highest to lowest in this list)
  • Soft-Reset ****
  • RealTime Save/Load****
  • Text Reader **
  • Passme Ability **
Things I Need...
  • Constant Updates
  • Reliable Team Support
  • Nice, Customizable GUI
  • Media Player/Playback
BTW: This topic should really be stickied! Oh and remember that I'd like to try something new but if Cyclo is the way to go again then it'll be fine with me...
The features you want only leave the CycloDS.
wink.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xylos said:
So I recently lost my CycloDS Evolution with no way of finding it
unsure.gif
and now I'm looking for another flashcart. I've been researching (yet again) and found many great carts that could replace my Cyclo *and mend my broken heart after such a loss*. CycloDS is the best cart out there these days but what do you guys and gals think
yaynds.gif
?

Choices...

AceKard 2
d563ca94d62c5a6aa647a595eeaa66c5.image.57x38.jpg

CycloDS Evolution
file_2_15.jpg

M3DS Real
50x50_M3DSREALCARD.gif

EZFlash V
GN100X.JPG

DSTopToy
dstt.jpg

Supercard DSONE
bg_50.jpg

Features I'm looking for... (* signifies the order of importance from highest to lowest in this list)
  • Soft-Reset ****
  • RealTime Save/Load****
  • Text Reader **
  • Passme Ability **
Things I Need...
  • Constant Updates
  • Reliable Team Support
  • Nice, Customizable GUI
  • Media Player/Playback
How about the M3Real Perfect/Deluxe Bundle? It seems like a good bundle to play GBA Games, DS Games and you have Sakura to watch for media. I have it, but haven't used it for games yet... Just media. If not, AceKard is good as well. It will be hard to go with since the change of GUI/OS. If not, then your best bet would be an EDGE since it is very similar with it xD.

Sadly... If none work, the SuperCard DS One v3 is a good choice as well. It has most of the features the CycloDS Evolution has.

pablitro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
They say its Acekard 2, but it should be an Acekard 2.1 when you get it
Really?? I tend to be quite reluctant on this stuff... Anyway if you say so i should go for it. I was told of another shop where they do specify that it's AK2 v2.1 (focalprice) and at a similar price ($21.61 including a 4GB Sandisk MicroSD with free shipping).

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well the AK2.1 is just a revision of the AK2, so it's no wonder most shops don't specify the .1
Dealextreme has 2.1 for months now (I got one in December from them). And if you look at the pictures on the product page you can actually see "ver 2.1" written on the cards.
wink.gif

powaking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use:Mostly DS/GBA ROM play but some homebrew too
Price Range:20 - 45$
Slot 1/2: Whats the main difference?
Built in or expandable memory: Expandable
Special features:Saveing works perfect, and quick loads roms
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular:CycloDS, R4
Other:This will primarily be used by my kids (5 and 3) DS Lite so the menu would have to be fairly simple to navigate and connectivity to Wii.

PGdude

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Going down the list...

DS/GBA - some homebrew - Most carts will do this with the slot 2 expansion of EZ Flash 3 in 1 (or similar) (M3Real Perfect comes equipped with its own expansion)

Price Range - $20-40 - As it happens, the CycloDS Evo on it's own is around $50...

Slot 1/2 - Slot one is the normal NDS cartridge, You'll need a Slot 2 expansion to play GBA games.

Expandable Memory - Take this into account with your budget. Of course its fine if you have one already.

Special Features - Saves mostly work fine on most cards, as well as ROM loading. GBA ROM loading may take a bit longer.

Cart preference - CycloDS is fine indeed, but just out of the budget. R4 is looked at as outdated, manufaturer doesn't support it anymore, and it isn't in legitimate production. It's name lives on under knock offs or cheap fakes. Not all are bad but it isn't recommended anyway.

Other - You can check out youtube to see what the menus for the cards are like, and if you think they'll be fine for your kids. Only the CycloDS has Wii connectivity, as far as I can tell. There might have been one other card but it doesn't come to mind.

Hope that manages to help, but everything seems just outside your specifications.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
powaking said:
Use:Mostly DS/GBA ROM play but some homebrew too
Price Range:20 - 45$
Slot 1/2: Whats the main difference?
Built in or expandable memory: Expandable
Special features:Saveing works perfect, and quick loads roms
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular:CycloDS, R4
Other:This will primarily be used by my kids (5 and 3) DS Lite so the menu would have to be fairly simple to navigate and connectivity to Wii.
Well... Sadly, the only flashcart only able to connect with the Wii is the CycloDS Evolution. The build of it is fairly strong, so with your kids playing around with it , there shouldn't be a problem.

If you can live without Wii connectivity, then I recommend an AceKard 2.1 or EDGE. The EDGE has a similar GUI/Os to the CycloDS, just does not have all the same features a CycloDS has. I have to say, the AceKard loads games the fastest for me. It doesn't have those extra features the CycloDS has but it does what you expect it to do.

Stay away from the R4. Too many fakes...

LuOmeoga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stuck between two flashcarts.

SO I had a CycloDS Evo for a LONG time but sadly I lost it.
I loved the Evo a lot but I was wondering if the $20 Supercard will do just as good a job.
That saves me about $30 dollars. I've been reading the forums and I hear the Supercard and Cyclo are as good as each other.

So if you can, help me decide on a flash cart. I essentially have no budget but saving money is awesome. =]

Thank you all in advance for the help!

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LuOmeoga said:
I'm stuck between two flashcarts.

SO I had a CycloDS Evo for a LONG time but sadly I lost it.
I loved the Evo a lot but I was wondering if the $20 Supercard will do just as good a job.
That saves me about $30 dollars. I've been reading the forums and I hear the Supercard and Cyclo are as good as each other.

So if you can, help me decide on a flash cart. I essentially have no budget but saving money is awesome. =]

Thank you all in advance for the help!
It is worth it. To me, I haven't tested the RTS, RTG, or RTC. But used the Triple Boot feature a lot to use YSMenu or the DSTT whenever I wanted. That was how I solved my cheat issue. A member by the name of PharaohsVizier had a comparison between the two. You should ask him for more help.

cowboyhat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use? To play and save with as many roms as possible.
Price Range? Not an issue.
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? I dont expect to play more then 5 games at a time so not an issue. If some games require expandable than that will be news to me...
Special features? Just want to play games so.. none.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I did as much research as I could, so its down to CycloDS Evolution, EDGE and Acekard 2
Other?
I'm not fussy, I just want to be able to play and save games. I was was 8 hours into Valkyrie Profile and it crashed. Also the new FF Tactics and.. oh you know.

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? Not needed.
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Not needed.
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Not needed.

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory?

I know I am first time poster, but i looked far and wide threw your site and despite doing research (about to buy the Cyclo) I figured I would ask.
smile.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cowboyhat said:
Use? To play and save with as many roms as possible.
Price Range? Not an issue.
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? I dont expect to play more then 5 games at a time so not an issue. If some games require expandable than that will be news to me...
Special features? Just want to play games so.. none.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I did as much research as I could, so its down to CycloDS Evolution, EDGE and Acekard 2
Other?
I'm not fussy, I just want to be able to play and save games. I was was 8 hours into Valkyrie Profile and it crashed. Also the new FF Tactics and.. oh you know.

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? Not needed.
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Not needed.
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Not needed.

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory?

I know I am first time poster, but i looked far and wide threw your site and despite doing research (about to buy the Cyclo) I figured I would ask.
smile.gif
Awesome. Finally someone that actually used this thread and did not make his own. Give meh a high five, cause you are helping GBAtemp to not slow down. I think all these massive thread creations slows down the forum...

Hmm.... It looks like you are just asking for a normal flashcart that'll just be used for games. One with the best compatibility is the AceKard 2.1 and use the AKAIO firmware with it. Since all games don't need expansion packs/extra RAM, makes your life easy...

So just get an AceKard 2.1. And since you are in Canada... If you live in the GTA, go to CanadaComputers. I have shopped there many times, and you should be able to find a location near you. If you got anymore questions, post em'

teeyaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,
I am looking for the best card to play GBA games.
I already have a supercard slot1 SDHC which I use for DS games.
So I basically want to get another just for GBA, I would like to load a lot of games on and just wondering if the extra ram is worth while or internet?
Thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D