Hacking Post your questions about which flashcart to buy

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depends. What are you going to use it for? Will you need Real Time Save, In-Game Guide or Real Time Cheat? Or are you just going to use it for the basic features... If so, just get a AceKard 2i or AceKard 2.1.

D

Deleted-172301

Use:Homebrew's and DS ROM play
Price Range:20 - 45$
Slot 1/2:Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory: Expandable
Special features:Saveing works perfect, and quick loads roms
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular:CycloDS, Edge, AceKard
Other:I would like the flash cart to have a lot of customization options and system settings that I can mess with so I can control my experience.

I have been looking at flash carts and the CycloDS looks good, the Edge card looks good too, but I am not sure(I need to know the draw backs to it so I can see if I can make a compromise). The Acekard looks good, but the OS looks like it would annoy me on daily use.

DatVietDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
~~Tito said:
Other:I would like the flash cart to have a lot of customization options and system settings that I can mess with so I can control my experience.

I have been looking at flash carts and the CycloDS looks good, the Edge card looks good too, but I am not sure(I need to know the draw backs to it so I can see if I can make a compromise). The Acekard looks good, but the OS looks like it would annoy me on daily use.
Get a Supercard One if you want customization

Hey guy, well I decided to take a look at Leetmod.com and they got an AK2i card for 20$ http://www.leetmod.com/acekard-2i-cartridg...e-ds-p-169.html

a Supercard One for $25
http://www.leetmod.com/supercard-dsone-eco...pack-p-166.html

Wondering which I should get since there seem to be some problem with the Supercard One as I was reading in the forum.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The supercard is incredibly slow, but has many options
Skinning seems to be rather difficult on the supercard too

CycloDS is the most advanced cart there is (on the moment)
It has a nice GUI which is quite skin-able

EDGE is basically the same as CycloDS (even has the same GUI)
but doesn't have all the extra options (like real time save)

Acekard2 is most likely the cheapest, but I think it has the best GUI for skinning
Almost everything is skin-able in the acekard menu
You can also combine it with the AKAIO firmware, that will give you some more options (but still not the RTS and so)

PGdude

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys. I've been reading up a lot on DS slot-1 flash carts for a while, but I still need the help!

Use? - Games, some homebrew
Price Range? - £20-30...? (I might push it for something that really is worth it)
Slot 1/2? - 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
GBA compatibility? - Preferable
Special features? - SDHC, auto DLDI
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular - No, but read after this little section.
Support slot-2 GBA? - Would be nice.
Support slot-2 rumble packs? - Not Really.
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? - Not really.

Other? - Easy user interface, not complicated, but with features I can utilise (like simple cheats db,)/ Sturdy / Reputable, merely for the fact that I will most likely get product support and frequent firmware updates. I would like to be able to play some GBA games too, but it's not the biggest priority. I'd also like to easily get it in the UK. I don't care about skinning much. As long as it's not difficult to look at or use. RTS... nice but not necessary again. Has to be reasonably quick or zippy.

I've read through the extensive and in depth reviews on this website, and I must say they're quite insightful, but then again, I'm almost unsure what to choose now.

Now at the top end, there's the CycloDS Evo', which does look very promising, but I'm not sure about dishing out all the money for that much, as feature rich and ideal as it may seem. RTS seems nice.

The M3 does have a nice set of accessories, with the Rumble RAM pack and the GBA expansion slot, but Perfect pack is all a bit just above my preferred price range too (Although I could just go for the GBA pack). I read about imperfect download play... Not a biggy I suppose. RTS seems nice. Even though it has many features, I couldn't help but notice its minor cons. I don't know how they weigh against its pros, though.

The EDGE looks nice and nifty and working, too. It seems to be much like the R4, but with fair features and it seems a bit more reliable. I noted on their website news that they've updated recently and at regular intervals. Makes me feel a bit comfortable, despite the box merely containing the cartridge and reader.

And of course the one everyone here (apparently) doesn't seem to enjoy recommending. One of the reliable copies that bears the R4 name, the R4 SDHC. I know quite a few people who own them and are plenty happy with them, it's known they don't suck but it's known they are not the best, what with the lack of apparent product support, although I've seen that YSmenu does serve well. That said, it is the easiest one to get, from memorybits.co.uk, which seems like a well based company. But still, the stuff about the R4 stands.

Of course, your suggestions need not be limited to this, I'm open to anything!

If you hadn't noticed already, I'm really unsure what they seem like. What I've written is all that's come to mind, and the little field entries thing sums up my needs. Just wanna play some DS games, perhaps a small amount of homebrew apps, I'd like to experience some GBA games, likely get 2GB but may go further in future...

Myeah. This post is probably too long, but thanks for bearing with me, and thanks in advance for your advice and suggestions
biggrin.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PGdude said:
Hi guys. I've been reading up a lot on DS slot-1 flash carts for a while, but I still need the help!

Use? - Games, some homebrew
Price Range? - £20-30...? (I might push it for something that really is worth it)
Slot 1/2? - 1
GBA compatibility? - Preferable
Special features? - SDHC, auto DLDI
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular - No, but read after this little section.
Support slot-2 GBA? - Would be nice.
Support slot-2 rumble packs? - Not Really.
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? - Not really.

Other? - Easy user interface, not complicated, but with features I can utilise (like simple cheats db,)/ Sturdy / Reputable, merely for the fact that I will most likely get product support and frequent firmware updates. I would like to be able to play some GBA games too, but it's not the biggest priority. I'd also like to easily get it in the UK. I don't care about skinning much. As long as it's not difficult to look at or use. RTS... nice but not necessary again. Has to be reasonably quick or zippy.

I've read through the extensive and in depth reviews on this website, and I must say they're quite insightful, but then again, I'm almost unsure what to choose now.

Now at the top end, there's the CycloDS Evo', which does look very promising, but I'm not sure about dishing out all the money for that much, as feature rich and ideal as it may seem. RTS seems nice.

The M3 does have a nice set of accessories, with the Rumble RAM pack and the GBA expansion slot, but Perfect pack is all a bit just above my preferred price range too (Although I could just go for the GBA pack). I read about imperfect download play... Not a biggy I suppose. RTS seems nice. Even though it has many features, I couldn't help but notice its minor cons. I don't know how they weigh against its pros, though.

The EDGE looks nice and nifty and working, too. It seems to be much like the R4, but with fair features and it seems a bit more reliable. I noted on their website news that they've updated recently and at regular intervals. Makes me feel a bit comfortable, despite the box merely containing the cartridge and reader.

And of course the one everyone here (apparently) doesn't seem to enjoy recommending. One of the reliable copies that bears the R4 name, the R4 SDHC. I know quite a few people who own them and are plenty happy with them, it's known they don't suck but it's known they are not the best, what with the lack of apparent product support, although I've seen that YSmenu does serve well. That said, it is the easiest one to get, from memorybits.co.uk, which seems like a well based company. But still, the stuff about the R4 stands.

Of course, your suggestions need not be limited to this, I'm open to anything!

If you hadn't noticed already, I'm really unsure what they seem like. What I've written is all that's come to mind, and the little field entries thing sums up my needs. Just wanna play some DS games, perhaps a small amount of homebrew apps, I'd like to experience some GBA games, likely get 2GB but may go further in future...

Myeah. This post is probably too long, but thanks for bearing with me, and thanks in advance for your advice and suggestions
biggrin.gif
It isn't long. You should see my posts when it comes to lots of people asking for help xD

Flashcarts with RTS: M3Real, CycloDS Evolution, Super Card DS One v3, EDGE.

If you want something affordable you can get the EDGE. Cheapest and it seems to be the most affordable one out of the 4. But not sure if it works since I haven't read anyone test it yet.

Second choice should be the M3Real. Simple database to me and I own one. Recommend using the iSakuReal. It has the iTouch, M3Real and M3 Sakura firmware on it. Read more in the M3 Section.

And last but not least, SuperCard DS One. I own one, but gave it to my little sister realizing I don't use the features much....

But I am familiar with the SCDS1 and M3Real so I would recommend either... Saving up my money to buy me an EDGE ^^

MUDjoe2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mudjoe2.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
I would reccomend Narin's offical Cheat Database (can be found in the Games and Hints forum). It is updated constantly and is very useful.

As for the actual file to use, Acekard can use either CHEAT.dat or USRCHEAT.dat, I believe (don't quote me on that). I use CHEAT.dat myself, but I also keep USRCHEAT.dat and cheats.xml there, too.

D

Deleted-172301

~~Tito said:

CycloDS VS Edge VS Acekard? Anything significant I should know about also?

PGdude

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Splych said:
It isn't long. You should see my posts when it comes to lots of people asking for help xD

Flashcarts with RTS: M3Real, CycloDS Evolution, Super Card DS One v3, EDGE.

If you want something affordable you can get the EDGE. Cheapest and it seems to be the most affordable one out of the 4. But not sure if it works since I haven't read anyone test it yet.

Second choice should be the M3Real. Simple database to me and I own one. Recommend using the iSakuReal. It has the iTouch, M3Real and M3 Sakura firmware on it. Read more in the M3 Section.

And last but not least, SuperCard DS One. I own one, but gave it to my little sister realizing I don't use the features much....

But I am familiar with the SCDS1 and M3Real so I would recommend either... Saving up my money to buy me an EDGE ^^

Thanks Splych! I appreciate your shortlist of the four, however the SCDS1 and EDGE did seem least attractive, whereas the M3Real and CycloDS-E did seem promising. I looked at my budget and also shopped around on website, and I find that the CycloDS-E isn't really a viable option.

So I was left with either getting the M3 Real Perfect bundle, or an EDGE with an EZ Flash V 3 in 1 slot 2 expansion cart.

Should I get a normal decent card witht he EZ Flash 3n1?

Did I just complicate things? XD

pablitro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use? NDS games, homebrew
Price Range? 20-40
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? microSD
GBA compatibility? NOt really
Special features? SDHC compatibility, automatic DLDI, easy cheat use and big support
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Acekard 2.i (i don't and won't have a DSi. 40 € including 2GB SD), EDGE (18€ including 2GB SD), any other suggested

I have a M3Lite the i'll use for GBA games. I still don't understand about low motion, RAM and stuff like this so i suppose i won't be using them.

I don't mean to spend a lot of money. I just want to play NDS games easily with cheats and reliable 100%. No annoying glitches in menus and similar. Need to say that i don't mind paying a little more if a flashcart is physically more reliable than a cheaper option.

Thanks in advance

MUDjoe2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mudjoe2.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
@Pablitro: Pretty much what PharaohsVizier said. If you're going to get a cart for anything but a DSi and never plan on getting a DSi, don't get an AK2i.

AK 2.1's will suit you fine for a phat/lite DS, excellent cheat database by Narin, and their production isn't nearly as rushed as the AK2i's. As a side note, I got my AK2.1 for ~$11.(not including the mSD)

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
pablitro said:
Acekard 2.i (i don't and won't have a DSi. 40 € including 2GB SD),
Man that's a ripoff. You can get a Acekard 2.1 from dealextreme and a 4GB micro SD from amazon for half the price.

@PharaohsVizier
The Acekard 2.1 kicks the EDGEs butt in every aspect and that's not a matter of preference. The only reason to get an EDGE is if you really love that simple (read option-less) menu.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I miss lots of things xDD.

But it seems like I can't be of much help.

I just think this is what my list recommends:

Load NDS Games : AceKard 2.1/2i (if you are getting DSi)
Load GBA Games : M3Real Perfect/Deluxe Bundle
RTS : CycloDS Evolution
In-Game Guide: CycloDS Evolution

That is just what I see right now. I might test the M3Real's RTS since it seems more promising then the SuperCard DS Ones. I traded it... And since no one uses the M3, I put iSakuReal on it, and am planning on using it as my default media flashcart while I fill up my AceKard's SD Card with DS Games only... Sure it'll be a hassle, but I don't mind actually ^^

PGdude

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's quite cool. I have a quick one for a friend that'd like a flashcart too.

Use? - Games
Price Range? - Up to £30 (preferably the cheapest option)
Slot 1/2? - 1
GBA compatibility? - Yes
Special features? SDHC, not much really, just as long as it works.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular AceKard2, M3 Real, or cheap cart with a slot 2 expansion.

Any ideas on this simple one for my friend?

I personally don't know which would be better =P

pablitro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all thanks to all of you.

I was thinking of the AK2.i cos it was the only option in the shop i was browsing. I also read a review saying that the 2.i was more reliable thatn the 2.1 in terms of the cart itself. I mean the quality of the materials aof the cart when you have to handle it (take in/out to add games...).

Now i found another one where i can get the 2.1+4GBSD at 31€. I think i'll go for it and chill out for a moment. It's a madness when you need to choose one,
wacko.gif

QUOTE said:
Man that's a ripoff. You can get a Acekard 2.1 from dealextreme and a 4GB micro SD from amazon for half the price.

I can't find that dealextreme you're talking about

Thanx again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D