Homebrew Discussion Post homebrew ideas, suggestions, requests here

Knight of Time

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How about a Switch port of the fangame Sonic 3D in 2D, with its DLC included? That would be quite interesting to see ported over to the Switch; anyway, I've got a video of it in action right here.

Kuramations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have the Pizza Tower Switch homebrew port be updated to the PC's latest version from 1.0.311 to 1.0.594?

Maybe also include the Egg's Lap mod as well since it already has Lap 3? (Here's a video of it)

denullz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was thinking about a Homebrew that is able to show what you are playin on discord without a pc. Is there something like this already out?

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was thinking about a Homebrew that is able to show what you are playin on discord without a pc. Is there something like this already out?
That wont be a thing. The pc client is used to relay rich presence information to your local discord client, which then makes it "public" for all people to see.

Last edited by Slluxx,
Reactions: denullz

Harpuia20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking around for one and can't seem to find it, but are there any overlay plugins or anything to bring up the Switch's on-screen keyboard at any time?

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've been looking around for one and can't seem to find it, but are there any overlay plugins or anything to bring up the Switch's on-screen keyboard at any time?
You can do that easily with an overlay but why would you need that? I mean without some more logic, there is nothing you can do with it. 🤔

Harpuia20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do that easily with an overlay but why would you need that? I mean without some more logic, there is nothing you can do with it. 🤔
I'm running tests to load custom mods on the Quake remastered Switch port. I found a way to use the user-config to set keys or buttons as binds to load maps, and want to see if I can use the on-screen keyboard instead of plugging in a physical one.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm running tests to load custom mods on the Quake remastered Switch port. I found a way to use the user-config to set keys or buttons as binds to load maps, and want to see if I can use the on-screen keyboard instead of plugging in a physical one.
no, because the onscreen inputs arent "global". it wouldnt be sent to the application without a lot more work. You need to work with them wherever you open the keyboard, which means in the overlay code. Maybe you could send them somehow to the process but it would probably be pain. Instead you could maybe hook into the process via exlaunch and open up the keyboard. But even then you would need a way to send whatever you typed in into whereever it is scanning input stuff (very broadly spoken). And it requires to reverse-engineer the main/executable file.

Otherwise you may be able to mitm something but thats beyond me.

Another option that i can think of (but dont know if it would work) is to edit the memory via cheats to toggle whatever you need.

EDIT:

The official SDK talks about WriteKeyboardState, so it might be possible to do open up swkbd, enter something, iterate over the characters (because swkbd is not a stream) and then set the state to emulate a real keyboard. However this might just be nonsense and if the game would actually register that is also uncertain.

TLDR: just use a real keyboard

Last edited by Slluxx,

Dmxjall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A decent Wii emulator would be good for Atmosphere. I've already tried Lakka, but most of the games show errors and hang. Maybe someone will be able to get a decent wii emulator at Atmosphere. Would be cool

Reactions: BigOnYa

sonofsun

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello, guys!

Sorry for my English.
Can you help me? I want to find app to stream my Xbox Series on Nintendo Switch (like Chiaki for PlayStation). I know, I can install Android and use official Microsoft Xbox App, but I think it’s redundant.
May be someone can port as homebrew this program github/unknownskl/ greenlight

Thanx

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry guys,it's possible make NX Shell,Golfleaf and Vgedit homebrews apps can see Japanese characters?
Because when there are games written in Japanese instead there are empty white squares.

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys,it's possible make NX Shell,Golfleaf and Vgedit homebrews apps can see Japanese characters?
Because when there are games written in Japanese instead there are empty white squares.
For vgedit, it's on my TODO list: https://github.com/vgmoose/vgedit/issues/7
Sorry about that.

For goldleaf: https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf/issues/635 and https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf/issues/427 look relevant.

NX-Shell, looks like it should support it. If you have a screen shot or steps to reproduce, it's worth making an issue here: https://github.com/joel16/NX-Shell/issues

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A way to change the button UI layout from X Y B A → △ ▢ X O (like PS)
I mean the in-game & switch menu, not physical button on joy-con
Thought there already is a rebind option in the settings? I faintly remember something from a firmware update. Or do you mean visuals only? That can be done with theme files/custom patches, pretty sure.

autumns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a tool to change the switch's wifi region code for 5Ghz compatibility would be very nice. it already exists as for v1 switches as an option in incognito on tinfoil, but incognito doesn't show up in tinfoil on mariko switches because incognito is incompatible with them, so there seems to be no way to change this setting on modchipped switches right now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps