xyxa

Dokoro
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
D

Deleted User

Question: would anyone here mind seeing a HANS for .cia release? Or do you all just use custom .cias for ROM Hacks instead?

Reactions: I pwned U!

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Question: would anyone here mind seeing a HANS for .cia release? Or do you all just use custom .cias for ROM Hacks instead?
This would be nice, but what I would really like is something more like LayeredFS, but without the complicated plugin creation process.

HANS is much more user-friendly, but it is annoying and space-consuming to have to rebuild the RomFS for even the smallest of changes.

The ideal solution would be something like SDCafiine for the Wii U, but with the added ability to have multiple patches for each title, and to be able to choose which patch to use before launching the title. All this would require is creating some folders on a SD card and putting the custom files in them.

Last edited by I pwned U!,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to see a dedicated hex editor. Something which can copy, paste, replace data, compare, etc. It is annoying to take my sd card out to change a few hex values (by a few, i mean like 80-100 bytes across the span of 1kb of data). This can be useful for save editing and research. I know godmode/ctrxplorer exists, but it doesn't quite do the job, and using an ftp server has been a pain in the past.
edit: I'm blind and illiterate

Last edited by ih8ih8sn0w,

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, i have another idea that i got by playing Hyrule Warriors on my Old3DS:

On a dull 3D box, 3D enemies will appear randomly and the polygon rendering count will increase. Your goal? Kill the enemies to keep the Framerate steady. If you can't hold up to the game, you will have a lot of enemies on screen and will turn the game unplayable, resulting on a "game over" since the framerate will be such low that the only viable solution is to close the game.

Or a more kid-friendly approach: Kill the enemies before the polygon count reaches a certain number.

D

Deleted User

On a dull 3D box, 3D enemies will appear randomly and the polygon rendering count will increase. Your goal? Kill the enemies to keep the Framerate steady. If you can't hold up to the game, you will have a lot of enemies on screen and will turn the game unplayable, resulting on a "game over" since the framerate will be such low that the only viable solution is to close the game.

Or a more kid-friendly approach: Kill the enemies before the polygon count reaches a certain number.

Actually, that's a better idea. Someone should code that sometime.

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

These are more of ROM hacking suggestions than homebrew suggestions, but I would like to add on to this.

For N3DS users, I would like to have a performance-improving mod (Maybe rebuilding the game with it set to use more RAM?) combined with another one that allows the game to display the same number of enemies on the screen at one time as the Wii U version.

It would also be great if there were a way to make the 3D effect in the game look more 3D (like the 3D effect in the 3DS Zelda remakes do) and not cause lag.

Also, replacing the textures with higher-resolution ones to make it easier to see your way around the stage.

Last edited by I pwned U!,
Reactions: The Cringe and Autz

Kionea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love for someone to create a streaming app like what NTR has but works without CFW. I dunno if that's being worked on but it'd be nice.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about a cia homebrew app that randomly selects an installed title and runs it? Perfect for those days when you're bored and don't know what to do.

Whoa, weird, I literally came to this topic to post this very idea, without having seen that someone had suggested it before, no less on the exact same day. How crazy is that?

But yeah, I completely agree with this idea and would like it too.

Last edited by duffmmann,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about a cia homebrew app that randomly selects an installed title and runs it? Perfect for those days when you're bored and don't know what to do.
A while back I got bored and made a quick and dirty VB program that would pull name and install locations from a text file, slap those into 2 separate arrays, the total amount of games determined and then RNG to pull from both arrays, and finally launching the game from the set install location.
Unfortunately I don't have knowledge of C nor how to work with the 3ds, and for now I simply don't have time to figure that out.
Though with the open-source nature of most homebrew for the 3ds, it shouldn't be hard to pull code from something like FBI to pull a list of titles installed, remove the ones that are system titles, assign them to an array, RNG pull from that array and then launch it. A majority of the hard stuff is already done by FBI, or at least I assume so. Again I have no knowledge of 3ds programming, so I could be wrong about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Construction is umm well tofu lol