Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
idk if this can be done but id like a way to decypt files in the 3ds folder so you can install cias with out having to do it on your 3ds put the sd card in the pc and install cias on the sd

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

fc changer because i want to bypass the firend limt

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if this can be done but id like a way to decypt files in the 3ds folder so you can install cias with out having to do it on your 3ds put the sd card in the pc and install cias on the sd
I doubt this should be priority, the 3DS already needs to verify files and install ticket into nand in order to even make the game function, you can't install tickets to sd card cause it has no effect and you can't install to nand from pc by normal means. Unless you have the ticket for a game already on nand, this method isn't very useful.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

fc changer because i want to bypass the firend limt
From my understanding (which may be wrong) you can pretty much do that if you dump movable.sed (I believe that's what it's called) from the first 3ds and inject it on the second 3ds. Then you would just need to reinstall the ticket for each game on the second 3ds. I could be entirely wrong though and someone can correct me if I am.

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an alarm clock app that either has a CIA build or works in hax v2.6?

If not, that feels like a simple enough thing for someone with experience to make, and useful to boot.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an alarm clock app that either has a CIA build or works in hax v2.6?

If not, that feels like a simple enough thing for someone with experience to make, and useful to boot.
I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm very doubtful any dev is going to want to make that. It's really just unnecessary because most people will either own a phone or an actual alarm clock. plus leaving a DS plugged in and on is not very good for the battery, and over the course of say a month leaving it on over night for an alarm function will probably kill the battery's max charge quite a bit.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So no one ever used the mario clock app on eshop? is a dsiware app for tellling time and has alarm.
is $5
I just don't see the point of anyone using that. Most people will have some form of alarm clock that is superior to doing one off the 3ds. That and using it as an alarm clock again brings up my main concern that overtime leaving the 3ds on for an alarm function will kill the battery. I know from experience leaving devices plugged in and on will lessen the total charge a battery can take. I've had 3 laptops in my house have batteries become almost useless because family members would leave them plugged in all the time, even when fully charged.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And it says it downloaded, but I don't see it on my home menu. It also had an ID of TWL-[...]

Are you certain it's a 3DS title, and not DSiWare?

Edit: It shows up aftr a reboot, but when I try to run it, it says "An error has occurred. Turn the power off", so it doesn't want to run on my system.

Last edited by SRKTiberious,

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well.... you can install DSiWare onto a 3ds, so it shouldn't matter. I also never said they were 3DS titles, just that they were on the 3DS eShop. I honestly don't know if they are or not, but if the ID starts with TWL then I would assume that its a DSiWare title, yes.

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded it, but running it brings up the black error screen that says to hold Power to turn the system off.

My normal environment is a RedNAND on an A9LHed o3DS.

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. No changes at all.

As a test, I backed up my SysNAND and copied the RedNAND to it, and it will run then, but not in my actual RedNAND.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. No changes at all.

As a test, I backed up my SysNAND and copied the RedNAND to it, and it will run then, but not in my actual RedNAND.
GBA Games and NDS DSIWARE Games have issues with that, as they have to exist on SYSNAND even if you wish to have emunand/rednand.

Good luck with that. :ninja:

Reactions: MadMageKefka

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA Games and NDS DSIWARE Games have issues with that, as they have to exist on SYSNAND even if you wish to have emunand/rednand.

Good luck with that. :ninja:
Ah, right. Haven't use emuNAND in a while, haha. Yea @SRKTiberious , you need to install it on both sysNAND and emuNAND for it to work on emunand. Since you have a9lh though, why not just switch to updated sysNAND mode?

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mostly, it's a paranoia thing as a holdover from the rxTools/EmuNAND days. I know that there's nearly no chance of bricking after A9LH, but to my line of thinking, using a RedNAND is a first-line defense against that, since I'm not the most regular person about performing backups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍