Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see a GameCube emu (I've been looking at the specs of both consoles) and a homebrew game utilising the head tracking feature along with a Wire3D 3DS port.

kilala

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'd like to see an app that allows me to transfer cia files from R4i or GW red to SDcard. I don't know if it's possible.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I'd like to see a GameCube emu (I've been looking at the specs of both consoles) and a homebrew game utilising the head tracking feature along with a Wire3D 3DS port.

Yeah! Me too. And can someone please make the ps2 emulator done as well? JK ;)

Cmon, 100 % totally unrealistic. Impossible ^^

Reactions: I pwned U!

Bublah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could we have something to reset the daily stuff like the free plays of Nintendo Badge Arcade, Pokemon Rumble World Visitors, or 500 coins on Pokemon Shuffle. I'd like to be able to do these daily bonuses repeatedly.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

SeanB1014

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I recently was all too easily able to plug a 3DS Virtual Console save into an emulator, in this case VBA. However, putting the save file (which I progressed further in) back in the 3DS' save location doesn't load the progressed save file, it only runs on what seems to be a permanent one, but it's too likely that the VC interface keeps the save running on one session. Resetting the game using the VC menu only soft-resets, which, according to my long experience with VBA, doesn't load the save file; only hard-resets or fresh load-ups do that. So the save that was altered is still in the 3DS, but because there is no way to hard-reset this game (Not sure if this is the case with other games), again, it's just stuck on the one session. For those that don't know, exiting the VC game via power button or other means just behaves the same as a restore point does. It's an automatic resume, if you will. Also, the game I used was Pokemon Trading Card Game for GBC.

So my suggestion is: Can we get a Homebrew tool that hard-resets VC games that are currently suspended due to automatic resume? Assuming they would still load whatever save file in its own directory, of course. I didn't worry much at first until I read that it was confirmed that a lot of work is being put into removing many features from VC's interface with the re-releases of Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow and Green, such as the removal of restore-points and automatic resume. I'll just say that I have no problem with this, as I can see they are attempting to make the whole experience as authentic as possible. What worries me though (and it's just preference at this point), is that considering all the work they're doing to the VC interface for just this time, they'll end up editing the games themselves alongside it, meaning no MissingNo, no Fly glitch, no Ditto glitch, etc. Again for those who don't know, there is no cloning items or encountering any Pokemon in the game (The items part bothers me, as I want to be competitive).

So not only for Pokemon but other VC games, I would very much love a hard-reset 3DS homebrew tool. The injection's already there, I used a save manager. For those that are curious, the VC saves are the same thing as those in an emulator, use VBA. They're named "sav.dat" and you don't even need to change the file extension to load them in VBA!

And yes, I'm aware that 10.4.0.29 is out. WHEN there is another free Homebrew Menu exploit (because I believe in the hackers), I would love to see my idea come true. But for now, time to just keep doing other things.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'd really like to see the out of region game card launcher also work on out of region installed .cia's (Happy Home Designer wont boot into HANS or region4...)

Cash

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Me playing with a music concept.

hG0Jon6.png

D

Deleted User

Has anyone suggested a model viewer yet? It would be nice to see one created, because I know that the Wii has had an .obj file viewer homebrew app made in the past. A simple .obj viewer for the 3DS, then we could possibly look into bcmdl/bcres/cgfx support too.

Reactions: I pwned U!

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really a homebrew itself, but related to it:
For the apps like SVDT,PCHex, PCHEX++, Hans, you have to select the games before you run it, and you press left and right to select.

I would to see if selecting the game for the homebrew done in homemenu's gridlay out for that.

It get annoying to select the game when you have a lot of titles, especially if the titles are in a folder.
Unless there an easier to do this that I don't know about?

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It actually *is* a request.

I really want to start developing a 3ds game. Something not too big or unrealistic. A little funny project to gain some experience in game making. I have my fair experience in programming and 3ds homebrewing already. I'm just searching for an artist to share this experience with, i can guarantee it can became a fantastic learning project.

If someone feels creative enough can drop me a pm

[Edit] just to be clear: i'm searching for 2d artists that can pull off some sprites and basic animations.

Last edited by Slashcash,

Bublah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that in Pokémon super mystery dungeon that when you are in the music box that you can have the 3ds closed and the music can still continue.

I am requesting a music player that can play music while still closed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5