1. Bubsy Bobcat

Zimbabwe
    Download AndFTP for Android and use one of the many FTP clients for 3DS. Works for me.

2. Ripper00420

Ripper00420 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    How about an app that will allow you to play full length 3D movies without cutting them into 10 minute files.

3. Bubsy Bobcat

Zimbabwe
    *cough* sunshell *cough*

4. Ripper00420

Ripper00420 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Lol. But in 3D?

5. epicmartin7

epicmartin7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Alright. Instead of that, how hard would it be to make a 3DS Emulator for Adobe Flash?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  6. democracy

democracy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    3D VLC with samba support

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  7. Bubsy Bobcat

Zimbabwe
    Ohhh right. My bad! :P

8. Calico

Calico Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    This. It hurts trying to read an article or play a game at nighttime. I want something like f.lux on the 3DS that can change the temperature of the screen (warm, moderate, cool, etc).
    Quoted from their website:

"It [f.lux] makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.
    It's even possible that you're staying up too late because of your computer. You could use f.lux because it makes you sleep better, or you could just use it just because it makes your computer look better."

Please, someone make this!

9. Dub8

Dub8 Member
    Newcomer

Would it be possible for a homebrew app to somehow turn physical cart games into digital? Somehow Get your unique cart id and use it on a digital version?

10. DarkJesus

DarkJesus Member
    Newcomer

So sometimes when launching rxtools the 3D gets messed up. All you have to do is close and reopen the 3DS, but would it be possible to have an app open, disable 3D, reenable, then close immediately? Super lazy request, but maybe it would actually be good for causing less stress on the hinge...

11. Charganium

Charganium Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Quick question: I downloaded both AndFTP and ftBRONY, what do I do now?

Edit: never mind, I got it to work!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  12. SSMatt123

SSMatt123 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I don't know if it's possible but something that bypasses the gift unwrap thing would be good for those of us that bulk install cias.

13. Vintro

Vintro Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I never thought my first post would be a request, especially a request for Cookie Clicker.

I was thinking of something that wasn't requested, and I thought Cookie Clicker or a clone of it would be fun!

14. williamdabastrd

williamdabastrd GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This would take a lot of work. Sm4sh really just has custom music right now (as far as I am aware), and I'm not sure how well we understand how to change the game physics in order to "fix" certain game mechanics.

How would you connect to the PC? I feel like this would require either a hardmod or you'd need to deal with network latency issues.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  15. MasterFeizz

MasterFeizz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This has been discussed before, check page 63.

16. williamdabastrd

williamdabastrd GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ahh, thank you. I apparently clicked page 64 and skipped 63 on accident. :)

The best method of streaming would not necessarily be FTP, but using UDP (or TCP if you want better/guaranteed quality) could work. It would have to be similar to how Chromecast works, which would take a presentation source and route all frames to be queued to that device. The device being streamed to only has to worry about the frames to display, and the source does the work.

The biggest problem this has is audio and input sync, as there would be a real amount of lag. Also, hooking such a plugin into active games is a whole other problem. Sounds like an interesting project and I'm curious to see if anything comes of it.

17. jwitz

jwitz GBAtemp Regular

An application that can permanently increase the audio output for N3DS/O3DS. Even on max volume it's so quiet. There must be some way to do this. :(

I pwned U! likes this.
  18. KennyWYL

KennyWYL Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    a homebrew / plugins to check battery percentage?

I pwned U! likes this.
  19. AileenLumina

AileenLumina Python main, software engineer and API designer

Germany
    Hello :)

I tried to build a little homebrew tool but I wasn't able to do it. The tool should read sdmc:\CFWKIT_VERSION.TXT. This .txt file includes a version number. The file looks like this:

Code:
    The program should read this .txt file, then cast the string it contains into a float (let's say the float is named installedVersion). Then it should read http: //aidanlumina.bplaced.com/files/CFWKIT_VERSION.txt
    Code:
    , cast the string it contains into another float (onlineVersion) and compare that with installedVersion.
    If onlineVersion is equal to installedVersion, it should display on-screen
    If onlineVersion (rounded down) is bigger than installedVersion (rounded down), it should display
    If onlineVersion (not rounded) is bigger than installedVersion(not rounded), it should do the following onlineVersion - installedVersion * 1000 times (so, in this example 4 times):
    Code:
    Display "Downloading update V(4.002, then 4.003, then 4.004 and finally 4.005 in this example)... "
    Download http: //aidanlumina.bplaced.com/files/upd/V(4.002/4.003/4.004/4.005 in this example, you get the idea ;) ).bin
    Add "OK!" to the displayed line, then jump to the next line
    These .bin files are ZIP files that were converted to .bin using that starterGen .bat included in the latest build of EmuNAND9 by d0k3. After the program has downloaded all the .bin files, it should extract them to sdmc:\ one by one (see 3DSZIPFX source code by d0k3 for how-to).

I HOPE you understand everything above. I would LOVE if someone takes the time and tries to implement this tool. :D I hope it's alright to post a request here. I will post it on gbatemp too if that's okay. :)

Thanks for reading! :)

Edit: Oh, and some info for the .smdh file:
    Title: 3CKU
    Description: 3DS CFW Kit Updater
    Authors: [Your_Name], d0k3 (for 3DSZIPFX) AidanLumina (for the algorithm and the idea... Maybe? Please ^^)

20. MasterFeizz

MasterFeizz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Why don't you post what you have on github, and ask for help on the development thread?

AileenLumina likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - suggestion, Homebrew, requests