Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has any attempt been made on an instant messaging app? Maybe even voice chat? I'd ask for vid chat but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
A mumble port would be awesome since it's open source. There was a pictochat3ds project I saw a while ago, and I think a facebook chat one.

No IRC client that I know of though, which is kinda weird.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what reason are homebrew forwarders not a thing? Some homebrew unfortunately is not in CIA or 3DS (and possibly able to be converted into CIA). It would be nice to have a custom "app" you could launch that is pointed toward a specific 3DSX file on your SD card.

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
For what reason are homebrew forwarders not a thing? Some homebrew unfortunately is not in CIA or 3DS (and possibly able to be converted into CIA). It would be nice to have a custom "app" you could launch that is pointed toward a specific 3DSX file on your SD card.
If you ask 3dsx launching in via/gateway the answer is no. The payload is required to launch 3dsx files.
If someone who knows about payload and ROPs he can make cia to launch 3dsx or a dummy ironfall/cn. Unfortunately smea and yellows8 don't like piracy (including cfw and cia) and there is nobody whom have the knowledge and motivation.

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to make another dream homebrew post right here: How about Super Methane Bros.?

Despite it's name making you think it's a cheap knockoff of Super Mario Bros., it's actually more like Bubble Bobble. It has some really catchy module music as well as pretty fun level design that makes it a joy to run through.

A couple of years ago the game was open sourced by some people who originally worked on it. You can find it here.

It had a PSP port a couple of years back that introduced me to it and was a pretty fun experience. I'd love to see somebody tackle a 3DS port.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any update on any Video players? I know sunshell can play very specific types of video files, but it'd be real great if a player were around that could play the more common files like .avi, .mp4, .mkv, etc.

Reactions: I pwned U!

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Idea : A homebrew that control PC via wifi home network for gaming purpose.
Like the stream feature from steam that enable to run a game on 1 PC and play it from another one in the network

Edit : woops that might bas already ne done. Let's check how performant (or not) it is.

Last edited by koyuki38,

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is possible, but a hack to modify the system clock from 24hr to 12hr format would be nice.
I know it isn't technically homebrew, but seeing as there's a program to modify themes, this would be something similar.
I'd also like a way to modify the friends list to allow more than 100 friendcodes to be registered.

Last edited by ZoneBlaze,

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A tweak of the BlargSNES v1.2 to make it compatible with the more recent payloads. (it was made for the v1.3b but the newer version has lost some compatible games)

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did create a thread on this topic but then noticed this thread so thought i would try in here

Ok, so for those of us with MSET downgraded it is a fantastic exploitation point for accessing things such as GW & rxTools

I have wanted and wondered for a long time (but held back my question for fear of getting shot down in flames) weather there is any possibility of an exploit to load HBL directly through this entry point ?

The reason for me wanting this... At the moment my only 'initial' entry point for a clean install to access HBL would be using Webhax, but if this were ever somehow made redundant by the N men then i would be struggling to get in (i do not own an original Cubic Ninja and don't want to buy it again either)

So, if there were a way for a Dev to create a way to load HBL via MSET it would be a permanent fix for initial HBL access, possibly using some type of .NDS file through a basic r4i cart (same way we do with rxTools & GW) or some other clever way

I would love this to be possible and really hope for some positive comments

Thanks kindly in advance

I have started a discussion here https://gbatemp.net/threads/mset-exploitation-development-question.403049/ and already have 6 confirmed interested parties

Last edited by peteruk,
Reactions: AtlasFontaine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...