Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

DinnerSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How hard would it be for someone to make an app that loads one or two images in PNG, BMP, or JPG(whichever is plausible) to display in stereoscopic 3D on the top screen, taken from a server or maybe from your PC via FTP? Perhaps use the filename or a TXT file to determine the left/right eye separation for the picture even.

I keep wanting to make a computer program that takes a picture of a stereoscopic game on the PC, resize it to 3DS size, and upload it as an MPO to view in the 3DS browser, but I just can not manage to find a way to automate MPO creation, so it'd be nice to have something that just works from either one BMP with both eye images, or one for each eye.

Closest I can find is "3DViewer" and I can't actually find the download for that, plus I would need to exit and use FTBrony to re-download each time. Or maybe that CTR Streaming Server but I have no clue how that works, sadly.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
goldendick

giphy.gif

Also
>psp emulator on 3ds
No

Reactions: tranxuanthang

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like someway to keep legit pre-installed apps, games on the SD after format system memory/transfer system than re-downloading the whole thing. System Format Spoof?!

Last edited by tivu100,

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For CitrAGB to be improved for 9.9, or another GBA emulator to be made that doesn't need a flashcartridge to run its version of homebrew, or itself, that can also run on 9.9 without slowing down gamespeed or bugging audio.

A SGB emulator. Essentially a GB\GBC emulator, but with the SGB\SGB2 borders.

Have you seen those 3D Classic titles in the eShop? Well, 3D remakes of games not availabe as eShop 3D Classics. Some examples:
• Metroid (NES)
• Super Mario Land 2: SGC (GB)
• Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis (GBA)
• Catrap (GB)
• Shantae (GBC - GBA enhanced)
Though I expect remaking an old game from scratch to make it 3D supported will take some time.

Something akin to Hey you, Pikachu! but better, and using menus\buttons rather than the microphone.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My top two 'fantasy' homebrews:
Neo Geo emulator (if something like WinKawaks could be done, also giving CPS1 + 2 emulation, even better).
A way to boot blocked NDS flashcarts via homebrew launcher on current firmware (systems with no emunand or access to rxtools etc).

...hope one of you clever coder types can make these a reality!

sonicfan1373

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A Sega MegaDrive/Genesis and Neo Geo emulator would be awesome :D I know there are some hardworking and dedicated folks working on bringing Retroarch and some of its cores to the 3DS (including Genesis) but I fear that libretro might be too abstracted from the hardware to perform well on the 3DS (which has a relatively weak processor). If someone also has the time to add sound to the Neopop emulator for the 3DS that would also be great.

The only other thing I would like added is a hardware accelerated H.264 video player for New 3DS (XL) that uses the MVD services (if possible).

Reactions: SLiV3R

Chreasy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ScummVM would be fantastic! Playing DotT on my 3DS would be a dream come true :D

Also Sega Genesis/MegaDrive emulation would be pretty neat, imagine all the perfect romhacks for sonic 1-3 right in your pocket *-*

Reactions: SLiV3R

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the wii u gets hacked (fully homebrews etc,) I would really like a Wii U to 3DS remote play. (Like ps4/vita and xbone/pc )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"