Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong thread but I have a question about 3DS homebrew media players. From what I've gathered in my own research is the only medial player for the 3DS as of right now is 3DSurfer. This only plays .wav music files though correct?

Are there any others that have been released or is in serious development for the 3DS? I assume Moonshell 2.10 will work for the 3DS right? If so, do I need to use a standard NDS flashcart like r4i Gold 3DS or equivalent to launch it? Or, is there a way to launch Moonshell from Pasta CFW on O3DS because that's what I will be on soon after updating to 4.5U from cartridge. Thanks!

Sunshell has a built-in audio player which supports WAV,AIFF and OGG files and also it provides a video player with JPGV and BMPV files support.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-sunshell-a-powerfull-shell-for-3ds.382483/

Reactions: tonybologna

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sunshell has a built-in audio player which supports WAV,AIFF and OGG files and also it provides a video player with JPGV and BMPV files support.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-sunshell-a-powerfull-shell-for-3ds.382483/

Wonder why there are no media players that support the more popular MP3 audio files? Is it just hard to do on the 3DS? Are there any homebrew in the works for playing more popular video files like MP4, AVI, or even DPG format like the DS? Thanks!

BTW, I know I can use a standard DS flashcart for playing all sorts of video files with Moonshell on the 3DS. I just want to know more about current status on this type work for 3DS.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question, probably, but since we have homebrew to stream from a PC to a 3DS via WiFi, do we have any way to do so in reverse? I was thinking about recording 3DS footage, but I don't like the idea of soldering new hardware, and I don't think there's a method for doing so on a N3DS.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Stupid question, probably, but since we have homebrew to stream from a PC to a 3DS via WiFi, do we have any way to do so in reverse? I was thinking about recording 3DS footage, but I don't like the idea of soldering new hardware, and I don't think there's a method for doing so on a N3DS.
Making something like that runs in the background seems impossible.

ddrguitarpunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew Idea: an Amiibo editor for new3ds/ O3ds with reader

before I get hate for the idea, I understand that this wouldn't be possible on the 4.5 cfw's as the N3ds didnt have the software for the NFC capability until 9.2 and the reader for the O3ds is just being released in Japan although other regions have the compatibility in the 9.8 system software.

I'm wondering if someone would be able to utilize these features in a homebrew application and do any of the following:

-back up a save of a certain amiibo
-restore these saves
-edit parameters for certain games (like datel amiibo powersaves)
-and if all of this is somehow WAY easier than I'm imagining it to be, dumping an amiibo's read-only data onto a compatible blank NFC chip.

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
[Request] A simple app that unwraps all your available CIAS at once when you have linked NANDs. (Not sure how "simple" would that be if possible though)

sonicsleep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So... a NEW 3ds XL has double the cpu cores right?

New 3DS specs:
- ARM11 MPCore 4x @ 268MHz (one reserved for OS)
- 4x VFPv2 Co-Processor (vector processors, like SPEs in PS3)
- 256MB FCRAM
- 10MB VRAM
- Dedicated Hardware Video Decoder
- Seemingly no change to the GPU, clock rate and all

For comparison, the old 3DS specs:
- ARM11 MPCore 2x @ 268MHz (one reseved for OS)
- 2x VFPv2 Co-Processor
- 128MB FCRAM
- 6MB VRAM

- PICA200 GPU @ 268MHz

This means there's an extra 128MB ram and potentially 3 cpu cores (including os) to play around with without affecting 3ds gameplay (as that only uses one).

Could those cores be used to capture and encode the top and bottom screens and stream it over the wifi network?

I wish a smart cookie would make that happen :P. The price of capture cards are ridiculous. But imagine a functionality like that built into a custom firmware, it would be glorious.

Sonic Buddha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New here... If the 3ds/2ds is stronger than the N64 (I think it is) I would love to see an N64 emulator. I am a noob to this coding stuff, so I would not know. Considering that N64 games have been ported and updated by Nintendo, I think its possible. But maybe the older Nintendo hardware wont work on the 3ds? IDK.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IDEA: an homebrew that transforms the 3DS into a WiFi WEP hotspot. No need to have internet access, just an hotspot so I can connect my DS and my PC to backup DS roms (my phone doesn't support WEP nor no password -.-)

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
New here... If the 3ds/2ds is stronger than the N64 (I think it is) I would love to see an N64 emulator. I am a noob to this coding stuff, so I would not know. Considering that N64 games have been ported and updated by Nintendo, I think its possible. But maybe the older Nintendo hardware wont work on the 3ds? IDK.
In order to run an emulator properly, the console itself has to be 4 times more powerful than the console you want to emulate, not only that, the console has to have the amount of buttons necessary for you to port, let's say, you want to emulate an Nes which has 8 buttons in the controller, but the more powerful console you have only has 6, and so, the N64 is more or less like that, even if you could program an emulator for the 3DS by using the Circle Pad Pro, considering the amount of arrow buttons in each part of the N64 controller, you still have to manage the coding and processing resources, the main architecture of the N64 is quite complicated, even today PC N64 emulators has some problems emulating some games for the console, there is some graphic glitches, down run on FPS, etc. Even the Wii (Which is slightly a more powerful console) have problems with N64 emulation, though, there's going to be a new version of Wii64, so, that's something good.

So, no, the actual scene doesn't have the resources to make something like a N64 emulator when they're still experimenting with the SNES emulator, which is far more easier to emulate, so, if you still want a N64 emulator for the 3DS, you'll have to wait, a lot, especially because even if you found an actual working n64 emulator for the 3DS, chances are that is still beta, and it will need some years to fix it, so, in order to do that, you'll have to wait 2 or 3 years at best in order to perfect the emulator for the 3DS, but by the time that comes, the 3DS will be outdated by another portable Nintendo console, and everyone will put better efforts in hacking in that new console respectively, at least you can play gba games on your 3ds though.

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it possible for a homebrew to dump a cartridge's private header for use with sky3ds?
If it is I suggest a header dumper homebrew ^^

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So... a NEW 3ds XL has double the cpu cores right?

This means there's an extra 128MB ram and potentially 3 cpu cores (including os) to play around with without affecting 3ds gameplay (as that only uses one).

Could those cores be used to capture and encode the top and bottom screens and stream it over the wifi network?

I wish a smart cookie would make that happen :P. The price of capture cards are ridiculous. But imagine a functionality like that built into a custom firmware, it would be glorious.
A 3ds isn't strong enough for that,

It might maybe possible be able to record it to sd, but not at full fps.
(That might maybe possible part was on purpose)

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, here are my requests:

1. Program to change the system language of your EmuNAND. (Note: some games contain more languages than you can actually select in system settings, this could let you select them.)
2. Program that runs under Gateway (or another full access CFW) and lets you directly run a .3dsx (and as fast as possible), without having to use Ninjhax.

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
I know that the Sunshell app can read .txt files, but could it or another app be adapted to allow you to bookmark pages like the DS brew moonshell?

I frequently used moonshell to read short stories, and it would be nice to not to need to bring my DSi as well as my 3DS when I travel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: