PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
dont know much about it, did the dev leave source code?
No, and it's still being actively developed, so it's something we would have to approach the current devs about.

Reactions: Deleted User

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
hmmm, what's stopping a game like Pokémon Uranium from being ported? or is it possible
dont know much about it, did the dev leave source code?
No, and it's still being actively developed, so it's something we would have to approach the current devs about.
According to Wikipedia, Pokémon Uranium is an RPG Maker XP game, so if anyone were to make an interpreter, we could play this, among other games.
There is an RPG Maker 2000/2003 interpreter, but sadly it isn't compatible with XP. While it's open source, I'm not sure if it would be adaptable to XP.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
didnt know it was still being developed, thought nintendo sent a cease and desist
Do you really think that stopped anybody from continuing development once a build was out?

D

Deleted User

Do you really think that stopped anybody from continuing development once a build was out?
no, but didnt expect development to remain so public to the point that searching "pokemon uranium" yields the download page as the first result, good to hear people are on it after years

rolenks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what truly is the limit of what can and cannot be ported is the question. if something like fnaf 1 has been ported before so what could stop you from porting a game like Mario Crossover or Psychic Waluigi from being ported with the use of something like Chowdren(i heard its could work for something like this but im not too sure how much thing have changed and if we have better applications for this)

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what truly is the limit of what can and cannot be ported is the question. if something like fnaf 1 has been ported before so what could stop you from porting a game like Mario Crossover or Psychic Waluigi from being ported with the use of something like Chowdren(i heard its could work for something like this but im not too sure how much thing have changed and if we have better applications for this)
AFAIK fnaf1 was a complete remake not a port. and unless you have source code, you wont be able to even begin a port.

Reactions: rolenks and fmkid

rolenks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I'm goin crazy here, how about a jetpack joy ride like port
there are some versions in unity already out there and a video on it, this at least sounds possible, even if you could call me a bit silly for recommending something like this. its flappy bird but with powerups basically anyway. ;)
Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 1.39.40 AM.png

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
ok, I'm goin crazy here, how about a jetpack joy ride like port
there are some versions in unity already out there and a video on it, this at least sounds possible, even if you could call me a bit silly for recommending something like this. its flappy bird but with powerups basically anyway. ;)
View attachment 223439
Porting a unity game would basically require us to rewrite the entire code to C. even if it was, like, written in C already, jetpack joyride is not open-sourced so reverse engineering or rewrite must be involved.

I know that there's a way to build a Unity game for 3DS using official build tool but afaik piracy is involved in that process, I don't think this site supports it.

It would be cool if someone does it though, I like the idea. I just don't think someone would actually do it.

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I know that there's a way to build a Unity game for 3DS using official build tool but afaik piracy is involved in that process, I don't think this site supports it.
Unless someone finds their own way to build unity for 3DS, It won't be distributed/supported through the GBAtemp

sad thing, I know.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it open-source? No? Didn't think so.
Is it a commercial game? Yes? Thought so.
Not happening.

It's a stupid idea, but it is technically possible considering Android is open source. Someone could theoretically write a compatibility layer to run Android apps on the 3DS...

But a developer would need a hell of a lot more motivation to do so than league of legends mobile lmao

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
It's a stupid idea, but it is technically possible considering Android is open source. Someone could theoretically write a compatibility layer to run Android apps on the 3DS...

But a developer would need a hell of a lot more motivation to do so than league of legends mobile lmao
Have fun melting your 3DS trying to run Android apps on it through a compatibility layer, especially League

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

I want you to think about this for a second. There is a Hardware level emulator for 3ds games that runs on android, and you want to run android on a 3ds?? That just seems absolutely absurd, unless you're thinking of doing a very old version of android (android froyo 2.2) to work. In which case games like league of legends is out of the question.

Have fun melting your 3DS trying to run Android apps on it through a compatibility layer, especially League
I have a hard time thinking it would even boot at all, probably just throw an exception error or just lock up.

Reactions: PrincessLillie

r0achtheunsavory

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Last time I used Android was an Nvidia Shield. The input lag is LOL stupid compared to virtually any other option on the entire planet unless there's been some magnificent breakthrough lately I don't know about. It's not a stretch to say Android is not a valid operating system for any real-time application.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM