1. RedstoneGuy

RedstoneGuy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    A homebrew browser that works in 2020 B)

2. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    There was never one to begin with. The app specs are not that great with whats even officially out there. just use a different platform for web browseing.

3. RedstoneGuy

RedstoneGuy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i have been searching for a week can you help... at least?

4. lone_wolf323

Canada
    There are no hb web browsers. I dont know of any.

5. RedstoneGuy

RedstoneGuy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i mean websites.

6. aadz93

aadz93 GBAtemp Аdministrator

Korea, North
    1. a (new)3ds port of dsmidiwifi (dsmi) and a nitrotracker port, and I guess a moonshell port with mp4 playback, I'd also say something based of wifi voice chat client and add video support, anyone ever try using a dserial on a 3ds, I think more hardware expansion cards would be fun, adding thing like Bluetooth and gsm capabilities via the card slot would be interesting, one thing with nds homebrew is that there was both homebrew software and homebrew cartridges (adding uart, gyroscopes, gpio)

Last edited by aadz93, Jun 25, 2020
  7. Hogoki

Hogoki Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Perhaps a Sega Saturn emulator?
    Sure, we got that one which runs like crap but now that an N64 emulator exists I'd say it would be slightly less difficult to emulate the Saturn with our current abilities.

8. TomTalker

TomTalker Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I'd hope that somebody makes a homebrew fullscreen port of Super Mario Bros or a media player for .mp4 files.

Plus: Mega Drive (by Bubble2k16) , N64 (by masterfeizz) and PS1 (by Team Libretro) emulators exist so you might wanna update the thread.

9. Terran0va

Terran0va Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I would like either a twitter or a discord client (I know there is a discord client already, but it's no longer in development and can get you banned). personally, because of irl stuff, my phone can be unable to be used ocasionally so it's always good to have a backup via my 3ds.

10. lone_wolf323

Canada
    any discord app on 3ds is going to be against discords tos and could wind up getting you banned. it just aint gonna happen. I dont see twitter ever being a thing on 3ds either.

maorninja likes this.
  11. smileyhead

smileyhead I like cute stuff.

Hungary
    It's unlikely anyone will make a new Discord client (or continue developing the old one), because Discord's ToS states that the client's developers can be held liable for anything their users do with it.
    As for Twitter, last I checked it worked fine from the internet browser -- I could be wrong, though; it's been a while.

maorninja likes this.
  12. Terran0va

Terran0va Member
    Newcomer

United States
    oof
    Twitter worked but it was busted with an update.

When I said that, I meant because of how it received messages, it would keep pinging constantly and could ban the account using it.

13. Crorad

Crorad Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'd love to see a network-enabled 3DS port of Attorney Online, but that might be a bit too big a project.

14. rolenks

rolenks Member
    Newcomer

United States
    would it be possible port a flash game like super mario crossover or super smash flash 2 through. i hear some games could hypothetically be if you could extract the source and use chowdren to export but im not that sure and dont have much experience at all with doing stuff like this. does anyone know if this is true and what type of game could be dont like this?

15. Azerus_Kun

Azerus_Kun GBAtemp Fan

Uruguay
    i dont know if it exists already but a media player would be nice

16. Dragon91Nippon

Newcomer

Japan
    A homebrew app store for 3ds similar to the one on Wii U. There was one a while back (This thread) But It was criticized heavily due to FBI's titledb support making it redundant, however now that Titledb has been removed from FBI the reasons for that thread being criticized (and eventually locked) aren't relevant anymore and There is now a purpose for a homebrew app store on the 3ds.

VERY IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: I am NOT requesting a developer to build this for me, like everyone thought with that post. I am making a suggestion of a homebrew app that could be useful to people in general.

Azerus_Kun and I pwned U! like this.
  17. Azerus_Kun

Azerus_Kun GBAtemp Fan

Uruguay
    having to download homebrew on pc wouldnt be so bad if there was one specific site for it, that kept it up to date, gbatemp's wiki has links to a lot of outdated or broken HB

18. lone_wolf323

Canada
    Universal Updater App is likely what you want. They recently added their own store when tinydb had that issue with theirs.

Azerus_Kun likes this.
  19. Azerus_Kun

Azerus_Kun GBAtemp Fan

Uruguay
    thats more like what the person i replied to asked for, as UUA runs on a 3ds, i'd preffer if it was something like a piracy site but instead of pirated games offering downloads for hb

20. Dragon91Nippon

Newcomer

Japan
    Like re-tooling Freeshop to download homebrew instead of games

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If that's already been done can you pleasetell me where I can find it

Azerus_Kun likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - suggestion, Homebrew, requests