Possibly the laziest skybox in a video game

Deleted member 386356

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The most laziest skybox award goes to Xen in Half-Life: Opposing Force.
FjZyKJf.jpg

This is not a mod nor a photoshopped image, nor is the skybox animated, this is literally Xen's skybox; a inanimate dragon diving into something.
nRNZXV4.jpg

Another part of the skybox, it's just something that is suppose to be animated but isn't

Now if you know what is TRUELY the laziest skybox in a game, be sure to post it below.

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like wildlife to me (plants). Doesn't seem that lazy if I'm being perfectly honest. Better than a pure blue skybox.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
it's just something that is suppose to be animated but isn't
That's a bit of an unfair comparison: animated skyboxes are one of those things that slowly made their way into becoming standard. Most if not all of the games of that era just used a single image bitmap that was set not to rotate with the player

Now if you know what is TRUELY the laziest skybox in a game, be sure to post it below.

Easy: duke nukem 3D. They used plain blue or orange in quite some levels.

(random example)
dna.jpg

lizardamiibo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is one of my favorite skyboxes from any game...its a collection of electron micrographs made to look like distant, colossal structures or creatures. its a super simple yet extremely creative idea that makes xen really feel like an alien place. i know this post is four years old but it pissed me off so badly that i had to make an account and reply to it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-