Hacking Possible workaround for 'green screen' problem with backup-loa

kernel32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, Using NTSC Wii on Std AV cables currently.

I have a couple games that load(BoomBlox, We Ski), but flickers/scrolls, is this fixable? I made two copies of each one std NTSC patched, the other is WiiFrii NTSC-U to PAL.
do I need component Cables?
switch resolution settings?
need a PAL TV?(Not gonna happen but wondering :-( )
they look as if they'd be totaly playable if I can get the screen stabilized.

Thanks,
Kernel32

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kernel32 said:
Question, Using NTSC Wii on Std AV cables currently.

I have a couple games that load(BoomBlox, We Ski), but flickers/scrolls, is this fixable? I made two copies of each one std NTSC patched, the other is WiiFrii NTSC-U to PAL.
do I need component Cables?
switch resolution settings?
need a PAL TV?(Not gonna happen but wondering :-( )
they look as if they'd be totaly playable if I can get the screen stabilized.

Thanks,
Kernel32

You need a PAL TV, go to your local best buy and trade in your set for a PAL one.

kernel32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do some TVs support both PAL and NTSC? I have a Samsung HCM5525W but cannot find any specs that show support for either. :-(

kvp1192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how long does this thing take to patch usually? mines been at "@@ Writing Patched "main.dol"..." for a while now

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My tv automatically switches between PAL and NTSC when needed so I have no problems
tongue.gif

night_chrono

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I am trying to get no more heroes and endless ocean to work.

Burned at 2x in imgburn on TDK+R's with An Asus drive. NTSC 3.3U wii with standard cables.

I have changed the region to pal tried it with the smart mode video, and not changing the video mode at all. every time it boots, but hangs at a black screen.

Do I need the better cables or is there something I am doing wrong?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
night_chrono said:

Burned at 2x in imgburn on TDK+R's with An Asus drive. NTSC 3.3U wii with standard cables.

I have changed the region to pal tried it with the smart mode video, and not changing the video mode at all. every time it boots, but hangs at a black screen.

You sure its not a bad ISO? I can play it just fine when I patched it. Try burning it at a different speed. I burn all my games at 6x and they work fine.

night_chrono

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
night_chrono said:

You sure its not a bad ISO? I can play it just fine when I patched it. Try burning it at a different speed. I burn all my games at 6x and they work fine.

How could I tell if it was? I don't have a chipped wii on the ready to test a normal burn.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
If nothing else, please do release the source code. There's a lot of potential in this project. I'd hate to see it just be forgotten.

BTW... Does anyone know about Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn? Backup loader recognized the game, then hanged at a green screen for me.

Setup I used:
NTSC Wii (set to 480p + widescreen)
NTSC HDTV
USA ISO (not patched or anything, only the backup-creator)

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
blazingwolf said:
Heres the settings I used for Super Mario Sluggers NTSC.

1. Use RegionFrii (on Waninkoko's site).
2. Use NTSC -> PAL
3. Use Smart Video Patcher.
3. Do not change language.

Thats it, just patch and burn after that.
Done all of that, still green screen, on which speed did you burn?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Egonny said:
blazingwolf said:
Heres the settings I used for Super Mario Sluggers NTSC.

1. Use RegionFrii (on Waninkoko's site).
2. Use NTSC -> PAL
3. Use Smart Video Patcher.
3. Do not change language.

Thats it, just patch and burn after that.
Done all of that, still green screen, on which speed did you burn?

Try burning it at 6x speed if you can. I used all those settings and burned it at 6x and it works.

night_chrono said:
Raiyu245 said:
QUOTE(night_chrono @ Sep 23 2008, 05:16 AM)

How could I tell if it was? I don't have a chipped wii on the ready to test a normal burn.
You don't need a chipped Wii to tell if its a bad ISO or not =/ Did you patch it using WiiFrii then patch it using the backup-creator?

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone having a issue with lego batman NTSC on NTSC wii where i am getting all green screen and when i tried to patch to pal i got half image and half green and the picture was stuttering and i am using HD cable on my wii same thing is happening to indiana jones to any ideas or any help will be appreciated thanks

night_chrono

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
night_chrono said:
Raiyu245 said:
night_chrono said:

You don't need a chipped Wii to tell if its a bad ISO or not =/ Did you patch it using WiiFrii then patch it using the backup-creator?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I wouldn't jump the gun. From what I have read he initially decided to drop the project. Then was updated to say that he is going to clean up at least this version of the code and post it. It has not yet been said if he is going to continue this project to completion, so at this time I'd say no.

hope you are right! its best not to jump the gun Hermes and waninkoko were chatting and gave us poor loyal NTSC waninkoko fans a glimmer of hope for support on our consoles in the "official build" I have faith Waninkoko can and will make the worlds first real WORKING backup loader the leak was only a P.O.C in the scenes eyes I'm sure of that. Besides the fact that I am a big fan of Waninkoko and from what i have saw...Its not like Waninkoko to release a dirty code and you can see why he would have been a bit pissed off at first. That being said, I really have to say I am Impressed with how professional of a coder he really is:

Region free wii...Thanks Waninkoko!
Wad management for channel backup.....Thanks Waninkoko!!
First Cios for Wii....THANKS Waninkoko!!!
complete control over my saves and my Mii channel ....Thanks AGAIN Waninkoko!!!!
First Wii Downgrader!! Holy shit are you shNearious LOL That is amazing!

AND!

Soon (with any luck at all for the poor LOL) a Backup loader for NTSC and PAL wii's that works! OMFG U R A LEGEND! Thanks a million times Waninkoko

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
I think wiifrii helps but not in all cases
wink.gif
(dragon quest swords for example only plays in pal60)

on a lighter note since using wiigators geckoOS mod i can boot up and play Destroy All Humans Big willy Unleashed NTSC with NTSC FORCED and VIDTV patch applied
smile.gif

deervark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am really begging for help from some of you guys that have solved this problem. I have tried 1:1, patched, and NTSC/PAL versions of the following games; Naruto 1, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, and Mario Sluggers and I haven't been able to get anything but green screens.
I have a NTSC wii, 3.2u, The cIOS that came with the first loaders, the cios_fix, and now the newer cios with wiigators .3. I have tried all of the combinations on all of the loaders and nothing but a green screen. I have wasted almost 20 discs trying to fix this. And I know that there is a way because all of the wiki's list them as working. ALSO I don't believe it is a burn/media issue because I have 20 or so other successful back-ups from all different regions and they have all been burned with the same settings on the same media.

I know that this plea may get lost in the sea of posts about the new release, but please help a brother out.

ineedhelpbad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deervark said:
I am really begging for help from some of you guys that have solved this problem. I have tried 1:1, patched, and NTSC/PAL versions of the following games; Naruto 1, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, and Mario Sluggers and I haven't been able to get anything but green screens.
I have a NTSC wii, 3.2u, The cIOS that came with the first loaders, the cios_fix, and now the newer cios with wiigators .3. I have tried all of the combinations on all of the loaders and nothing but a green screen. I have wasted almost 20 discs trying to fix this. And I know that there is a way because all of the wiki's list them as working. ALSO I don't believe it is a burn/media issue because I have 20 or so other successful back-ups from all different regions and they have all been burned with the same settings on the same media.

I know that this plea may get lost in the sea of posts about the new release, but please help a brother out.
I think you may have to uninstall the cios that came with the first loader then install the new cios and use the new loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==