Omegax0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried TNA Impact on a PAL Wii with Component cables.

First used the video mode smart patcher. Got past the green screen, but after the warning screen my TV said something about incompatible video mode, and couldn't display anything. Though I did feel the Wiimote rumble, as I moved around what I assume was a menu, so the Wii didn't crash.

So then I tried without patching the video mode, but it got stuck on the green screen again. So yeah, kinda strange.

frodo2006

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Midnightzak said:
Ok, might as well learn while I'm trolling here.

Is Video Mode Patching an option within the WiiFrii/RegionFrii software?

Could you list your step by step process for creating the backup discs?

Here is what I've done:
1. Attain ISO file
2. Patch with Waninkoko's patcher
3. Burn DVD with new ISO
4. Insert game into Wii and play using the Waninkoko Loader

* I'm guessing you patch with WiiFree as step 2 in that process

Exactly, instead of using waninkokos patcher directly (as step 2), i use wiifrii first, then the patcher (backup-creator.exe)
When you start wiifrii it first asks what region change you want to make, so if you have a ntsc-u (us-game) chosse that and the "nts-u -> pal" option.
Then it will ask, how to patch (normal patching or brute force, where normal patching is recommended by the program). i used normal patching.
Then it will ask us for what language you want to patch, i chose "0. leave it alone"(or similar)
Then it wil say "patching main.dol" and you have to wait a little.
After that i patched it exactly followed your steps from step 2 on.

sampson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this keep the video mode in NTSC? i mean you're using a PAL wii so it'd be kinda useless for us americans if you need PAL video still

frodo2006

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
sampson said:
does this keep the video mode in NTSC? i mean you're using a PAL wii so it'd be kinda useless for us americans if you need PAL video still

kinda depends on your tv-set. my tv set supports both pal and ntsc (i think most newer tv-sets at least LCD-HDTV sets do, at least here in europe)
from what i've read around this forum, the backup loader itself seems to handle pal-isos way better, no matter what region the wii is it is used on, but if you use composite out, your tv might only display b/w
so it really depends on your tv, the cable you use to hook it to your tv, not so much on the region your wii is supposed for in the first place

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Waninkoko, good to see you, sorry about the leak. Hope that you dont mind us acting as unofficial beta testers on this possibly (though hopefully not) ended application.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
waninkoko said:
Midnightzak said:
Waninkoko, good to see you, sorry about the leak. Hope that you dont mind us acting as unofficial beta testers on this possibly (though hopefully not) ended application.

No problem.

Waninkoko!
You're here!
I've been trying to talk to you on MSN for hours!
When you get the chance, can you go on, I'd appreciate it.
Also, Hope you're recovering from the sudden surprise leak of your backup loader.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alex said:
Raiyu245 said:
I can also confirm this works. Couldn't play Naruto Shippuden: Gekitou! Ninja Taisen EX 2 without getting the grey screen. I patched it, then burned. At first you get the grey screen but then it disappears and it plays fine though the opening movie is laggy. It was also in black and white but that can be fixed once I get the right cables. I'm going to try Mario Super Sluggers and see if it works.
How exactly did you patch it? I want to play without having to keep extracting the iso from a DVD that I have it saved on.
Why don't you keep the extracted ISO on your computer instead of deleting it..?

Well anyways, this is what I did exactly:

1. Drag the ISO over the WiiFrii.exe Patcher
a. Choose the option to that says NTSC-J -> PAL (I believe the option was b)
b. Use the Smart Patcher (Option 1)
c. When it asks to change the video mode, press 0 (I didn't change it.)
d. If all is well, you get a patch successfully

2. Drag the patched ISO over the Backup-Creator.exe. Make sure it patches successfully
3. Burn it. Run Backup Loader and it should work.

I burned it with Roxio Creator DE at 6x speed. Works but again, the opening movie is laggy and its in black and white. I played a little story mode and 1 Player mode and had no problems.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
rainrix said:
waninkoko said:
My last loader already patches video mode.

LAA said:
QUOTE(rainrix @ Sep 21 2008, 04:54 PM) Last loader?

I think he means the leaked BETA Version loader.

Then why do we have to use wifrii if the loader already does it? Am i missing something?

I presume wifrii is a patcher which changes the video output//input to whatever you want.
Again, I've only just heard of it, this is just what I've picked up.

kernel32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick compatibility question.

If I have a NTSC Wii and NTSC BoomBlox that I patched and used the bootloader,
The game loads, but flickers like its a PAL game on a NTSC Wii, I have standard AV cables.

is there a way to make the flicker stop and the game playable on an NTSC Wii? Component Cables?

I tried burning the game twice once standard patched, the second time regionfrii changed to PAL then patched,
both result in the exact same flicker.

I hope the Wiki's get updated in some way to say something like. something that shows the steps needed for each working game on each
region system.

BoomBlox on [NTSC Wii] Need NTSC BoomBlox, RegionFrii To PAL, Patch with Bootloader, Component Cables Required
BoomBlox on [PAL Wii] Need PAL BoomBlox, Patch with Bootloader, AV Cables Required

Super Paper Mario on [NTSC Wii] Need PAL Super Paper Mario , Patch with Bootloader, Component Cables Required
Super Paper Mario on [PAL Wii] Need PAL Super Paper Mario , Patch with Bootloader, AV Cables Required

Etc...

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LAA said:
rainrix said:
waninkoko said:
My last loader already patches video mode.

LAA said:
QUOTE(rainrix @ Sep 21 2008, 04:54 PM) Last loader?

I think he means the leaked BETA Version loader.

Then why do we have to use wifrii if the loader already does it? Am i missing something?

I presume wifrii is a patcher which changes the video output//input to whatever you want.
Again, I've only just heard of it, this is just what I've picked up.
You only have 2 options with WiiFrii, Smart Patch (which is recommended) and Brute Patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.