OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
At first: My setup: PAL-Wii, FW 3.2, hooked to a PAL/NTSC-Multiformat compatible LCD-TV via Component-Cable (YPbPr).

I tried to use Pro Evolution Soccer NTSC but got stuck on green screen (like many of you seem to experience with some NTSC-games).

I finally got it runnig by simply using waninkoko's WiiFrii 2.3b for region patching before using the backup-creator

Only 2 simple steps were needed:

1. Use WiiFrii to patch the unmodified NTSC-iso with "NTSC-U to PAL"-Option.
2. Apply final backup-creator patching

I burned the resulting ISO to a DVD-R and *surprise* it didn't get stuck with a green screen but booted up the game just fine (opening cinematics are stuttering, but no big deal, actual game runs just fine).

Maybe it's worth giving NTSC->PAL Region patching a try with other NTSC-ISOs that also get stuck on green screen, will try Battalion Wars next (which also got stuck when using the not region-patched NTSC-ISO), will report if it works ASAP.

frodo2006

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
UPDATE: I can confirm that this also solves the "stuck at green screen"-issue with "Battallion Wars II"(NTSC).

Game now starts (but cinematics are really buggy on this one, due to reduced loading speed).

frodo2006

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Zeek03 said:
Are you Serious!? That seems awesome! But Will I need the Component cables?

Sorry, can't tell you that, may also depend on your tv-set and wii region.
I'll try to find my composite cable and try if it works with it... can take a while, i'm not exactly sure where i put that darn thing..

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can also confirm this works. Couldn't play Naruto Shippuden: Gekitou! Ninja Taisen EX 2 without getting the grey screen. I patched it, then burned. At first you get the grey screen but then it disappears and it plays fine though the opening movie is laggy. It was also in black and white but that can be fixed once I get the right cables. I'm going to try Mario Super Sluggers and see if it works.

plasticpie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think this will work for Mario Kart Wii? It crashes after trying to load the second level in a grand prix game+online does not work, even though it finds people, you just get disconnected.

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
blazing read better the first post....

@sampson: really appreciated...
yaynds.gif

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't say anything about the video patching option, just the region patching option, so I don't know where I leave it alone or select the video mode patching (which is recommended).

I don't have any more DVDs to waste so could I just get a straight answer, do I touch the video mode patching or not, it already patched the region, now it prompts me to change the video mode, the 1st post doesn't say anything about it but I'm not sure.

Fuck it, I'll just test it out with the video patching.

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@BlazingWolf - Sorry I'm not sure about the patching. This is all still very new, need to be patient for updates.

I haven't even had a chance to try the RegionFrii/WiiFrii yet. This is something I will be looking into later today or within the next couple days (once my PAL games finish downloading).

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know, but its just a simple though, do you use the video mode patching or not?

I selected and am burning now, will let you all know how it turned out.

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, might as well learn while I'm trolling here.

Is Video Mode Patching an option within the WiiFrii/RegionFrii software?

Could you list your step by step process for creating the backup discs?

Here is what I've done:
1. Attain ISO file
2. Patch with Waninkoko's patcher
3. Burn DVD with new ISO
4. Insert game into Wii and play using the Waninkoko Loader

* I'm guessing you patch with WiiFree as step 2 in that process

kvp1192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm...i have an NTSC wii/HDTV/Component, do you think this would work if i patched an NTSC game to PAL for me too?

sampson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trauma center: new blood still green screens
I used NTSC>PAL but kept video & language the same as it was.. Is this what you're doing?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
I can also confirm this works. Couldn't play Naruto Shippuden: Gekitou! Ninja Taisen EX 2 without getting the grey screen. I patched it, then burned. At first you get the grey screen but then it disappears and it plays fine though the opening movie is laggy. It was also in black and white but that can be fixed once I get the right cables. I'm going to try Mario Super Sluggers and see if it works.
How exactly did you patch it? I want to play without having to keep extracting the iso from a DVD that I have it saved on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol