Homebrew Possible warning - Installing new Streetpass Plaza may invalidate CIA and block installations/eShop

Status
Not open for further replies.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
eh is could be annoying imagine they make a new system update and when you instal it on cfw all your cias are gone

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...I see why they are giving away a free plaza game ^_^"

Haven't updated this software in some time...and would be very interested to learn how this effects CFW users.

Invalidating ".tik" files and uninstalling ".CIA" files sure sounds fishy.

With this update, could Nintendo remote brick or ban your console ?

Seriously you think that is possible? It's just a Game update not System Update...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

cia angles also for piracy

I asked you to use cia angle, I never mentioned that am using it here.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Link to discussion: https://gbatemp.net/threads/updatin...ames-and-invalidates-cia.440133/#post-6647794

So there is a discussion in another area of the forum regarding this, and I was wondering if anyone can confirm this officially and whether it affects A9LH users?

Basically, some users that have updated to the new StreetPass plaza announced today have found not only their installed CIA games/software removed, but invalidated from being reinstalled. One other user is now unable to install any CIA file or access the eShop, which is alarming. It would be good to have this discussion continued here in an effort to prove validity, awareness, and a resolution.

Nice rumor by the way dude. Please read everything well before spread it.

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on a region swapped 3ds, so can't update Mii plaza in app. My only option finding a CIA? Wasn't in Ciangel as far as I saw.

jpxdude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Nice rumor by the way dude. Please read everything well before spread it.

To be honest, this was posted way before anyone confirmed, or before this was clarified by the OP in the linked post, so by saying 'please read everything', your point is invalid.

As an aside, I posted this in the correct place, rather than what the OP did from the linked post.

I've now amended my OP to say this has been debunked and can be closed by mods. Better safe than sorry!

Reactions: pbanj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: