Homebrew Possible warning - Installing new Streetpass Plaza may invalidate CIA and block installations/eShop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpxdude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Link to discussion: https://gbatemp.net/threads/updatin...ames-and-invalidates-cia.440133/#post-6647794

So there is a discussion in another area of the forum regarding this, and I was wondering if anyone can confirm this officially and whether it affects A9LH users?

Basically, some users that have updated to the new StreetPass plaza announced today have found not only their installed CIA games/software removed, but invalidated from being reinstalled. One other user is now unable to install any CIA file or access the eShop, which is alarming. It would be good to have this discussion continued here in an effort to prove validity, awareness, and a resolution.

EDIT - DEBUNKED - Mod's can delete if they want!

Last edited by jpxdude, , Reason: Proven false by many!

Hihomaster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
happened to me when i tried to update through eshop the mii plaza on an emunand with luma ( a9hl mode) and it deleted all my CIA games installed. i fixed it by installing the mii plaza update cia found on that iso site. and it fixed everything

angelus kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seems like nintendo found a way to scan emunand because its like a clone of sysnand so. Ir they release this update i guess onñy affects emunand or a9lh emunand

sieroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Huh. Nintendo are finally cracking down, then?

Took them long enough.

tommikinder

Trophies
XP
Country
I have A9LH with Luma and have updated and bought the new games. Everything is working fine for me.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using A9LH + Corbenik, installed the update straight from Streetpass and no problems here. The only thing that is changed on my system is Streetpass itself.

Edit: Based on what I'm reading in that linked forum They mean "It will removed CIA installed Streetpass games". So if you don't have those it won't matter. And from what I read it also invalidates the cia from reinstalling, but reports say you can find streetpass update 4.0 on That ISO Site and that should resolve the problem.

ivoyko

Trophies
XP
Country
i updated mine but when i want buy that cars new free game... say me something than i have to update and give me error. Dont delete anything but its weird because my Plaza its on 5.0...

Last edited by ivoyko,

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this for Streetpass Games, or does it actually affect Game Cias like Smash or other games?

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this for Streetpass Games, or does it actually affect Game Cias like Smash or other games?

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is only for StreetPass Plaza games, Peoples need an extra pair of eyes and brain to see through it. The post he mention above is all about Streetpass Plaza DLC been removed automatically. This is happening for a long time. CIA installation error been triggered to Streetpass Plaza DLC only. Old DLC download won't work with the New Update so error pop-ing up. Nothing to Panic i guess.

Reactions: Amare and Pikasack

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just relase a mii plaza updater to fix this

Use CIA angel to download that update. New Street Plaza DLC 5.0 Update is 300+ MB where Street Plaza DLC update is 240+ MB so that is the problem why people getting those errors.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Use CIA angel to download that update. New Street Plaza DLC 5.0 Update is 300+ MB where Street Plaza DLC update is 240+ MB so that is the problem why people getting those errors.
can the free shop download updates cause i use that instead

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...I see why they are giving away a free plaza game ^_^"

Haven't updated this software in some time...and would be very interested to learn how this effects CFW users.

Invalidating ".tik" files and uninstalling ".CIA" files sure sounds fishy.

With this update, could Nintendo remote brick or ban your console ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.