Hacking Possible to update disc version of Mario Maker on 5.5 spoof?

Hammer_525

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if this has been asked before, I googled it but was unable to find anything.

I got Mario Maker on disc yesterday and after starting my (previously hacked) Wii U for the first time in 6 months, I was unable to update to 5.5 from 5.3.2 because of the error code 105-3102. I once had homebrew installed but (I thought) deleted any trace of it by removing the HBC and anything in it I had installed. Apparently that's not the case, as this thread has me thinking I received that error because of a missing IOS, which I'm going to look into within the next few days if I can re-hack my console.

Luckily I found out today about spoofing 5.5 from 5.3.2 using WUP Installer, and now I'm at least able to play, but I can't play any online levels which... well, is pretty much half the game. I'm prompted to update before every time I launch, but I can't do the because of the same 105-3102 error. Can I somehow install this update from the SD card (kinda like how I installed the 5.5 spoof)? I saw NUS Downloader, is that exactly what that does?

If I can't I suppose I'll try reinstalling homebrew and seeing if I can find the culprit there, but I was just hoping there might be a way for me to play levels before then. Thanks.

bt04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to update the game to the latest version.
First, download version 96 using NUSGrabber
v96 is online now have fun
size 232mb
c:\>nusgrabber 0005000E1018DD00 96 (For EU)

c:\>nusgrabber 0005000E1018DC00 96 (USA)

Then, follow the "WUP Installer" instructions below.
WUP INSTALLER

How do I update my disc/eShop games with WUP Installer?

Firmware Version Required:

5.3.2​
Downloads:
Websites: (may not contain latest versions)

Note: SD card must be formatted to FAT32

1. Open NUS Grabber GUI.exe (click yes if a popup appears about adding a cookie)
2. Click the Game Updates button on the right
3. Use the Filter box to search for your game
4. Select your game from the Title dropdown. Be sure it's the correct region!
5. Leave Version on Latest and click Download.
6. Insert an SD card into your PC and format it to FAT32.
7. Create a folder called install on the root of the SD card
8. Copy all files from inside the title folder to the install folder on your SD card ("SD:\install\")
9. Place the SD card into your Wii U
10. Get the Official Kernel Exploit to run (OS Driver)
11. Load the Wii U Menu
12. Open the Internet Browser
13. Open your bookmark or type your URL (IP+Port) from Mongoose into the URL field (Ex: http://192.168.1.239:8080)
14. Click WUP Installer (or navigate to your WUP installer folder if not using a root index.html)
Note: Wii U will freeze for about 2-5 seconds, then show the home menu settings if it works.​
15. Press Wii U Menu.
Note: The installation is now taking place silently. The install will take roughly 10-15 minutes for every 400MB. Do the appropriate math to estimate when your installation should be completed. Then wait a little longer anyways.​
16. Reset the Wii U using the Game Pad (like normal).
Note: You can verify installation by going to System Settings/Data Management.​

FAQ:
Delete it and then try your installation again, but wait longer!
Game updates do not show up as separate icons if you bought the eShop version of the game.

I still have the same problem of not being able to get into the course world (getting error 106-0502), but I assume it's because I'm using TubeHAX DNS. Please let me know if you are able to get into the course world after updating the game, or if you get the same error as I am getting.

Last edited by bt04,

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having this problem as well - it looks like a new minor revision was released. r96 (version 1.30) will not allow you to access Course World, as there is now a version 1.31. See here:

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-maker-version-1-31-out-now/

Whats the revision number for 1.31?? I can't get NUSgrabber to download anything higher than r96.

Finally, I should add that Course World was accessible for me until last night.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind - I figured out what was wrong.

bt04 - you need to download v113 with NUSgrabber - this will give you the latest 1.31 update for Mario Maker. Just go to command line and enter c:\>nusgrabber 0005000E1018DC00 113 and use WUPinstaller as you did before. From there, all online features will be working again.

bt04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect, thanks! I was able to get into the course world after updating to v113.

How can you tell what versions are available for each game and what the title codes are? I was using the GUI and accidentally downloaded the EUR version because you can no longer tell from the drop down menu.

*EDIT* I found the title IDs here, but the version numbers are out of date, so I'm still wondering how to find out what versions are available.

Last edited by bt04,

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect, thanks! I was able to get into the course world after updating to v113.

How can you tell what versions are available for each game and what the title codes are? I was using the GUI and accidentally downloaded the EUR version because you can no longer tell from the drop down menu.

The best place to find information for title IDs is here:
http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database

For example, on this page you'll find that the title ID for Mario Maker USA is 000500001018DC00. To download the latest update, change the number to 0005000E1018DC00 and use NUSgrabber. BTW, you can also use UWizard to download and decrypt updates for use with Loadiine.

Normally, if you leave the revision number blank in the command line (c:\>nusgrabber 0005000E1018DC00) or with the NUS Downloader function in UWizard, it will download the latest revision available. However, this isn't working right now with Super Mario Maker USA for some reason. I tried downloading the latest update for EUR and JAP, and then discovered that the latest revision is v113.

Lastly, I would just avoid using the NUSgrabber GUI as it has also given me some problems. Just use the command line version - create a directory that contains NUSgrabber.exe, wget.exe, and vcruntime140.dll. From there, press CTRL+Shift+right click on the directory window, and choose the "Open command window" option. Finally, type in the following (c:\>nusgrabber 0005000E1018DC00 113) and it will download your update for use with WUPinstaller.

erikop87

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I would like to download the v1.32 version of Super Mario Maker.
But Nusgrabber not download the latest.
The v1.31 corresponds to the 113, do you know which one corresponds to the V1.32 ?.
Thanks to all.Sorry for my English I am using the translator.

Last edited by erikop87,
Reactions: FusionGamer

Hellhacker1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I would like to download the v1.32 version of Super Mario Maker.
But Nusgrabber not download the latest.
The v1.31 corresponds to the 113, do you know which one corresponds to the V1.32 ?.
Thanks to all.Sorry for my English I am using the translator.

You can use this website to check the latest version number: https://jsfiddle.net/bkr8v63L/2/embedded/result/

For Mario Maker, Its showing 128 as the latest version number :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Frfr, autism gang rise up. +1