Hacking Possible to transfer VC/WiiWare games to another Wii and play them?

yumdoritos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know that the Wii somehow assigns a key or something to your VC/WiiWare downloads so that they can only be played on the Wii it was downloaded on.

Well, I installed most of my vc/ww tittles through wads and copied them to my SD card menu. And now, for reasons to pointless to explain I need to have them all palyable on another Wii. So, what can I do?

yumdoritos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you are correct, but I'm looking for a less tedious way if one exists. You see, I have around 12-13 pages of games, so finding and installing those wads back into the new system would be a pain in the bum.

I'm looking for a way that would involving either changing the files or changing something within the Wii so I can can just move my SD card from the old wii to the other and play it no problem.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
have you already tried just putting the sd card into the new wii and see if they work or not?

My guess is they wouldn't but its worth a shot i guess.

wasabisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi
have you tried with bluedump alpha2 fake signing by nicksasa. you can find in one topic her in the hacking forum. it s similar to wad creator by waninkoko, you can save your channels in the sd card and than to transfer them in an other console

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Use Triiforce, you can read all about it in its own thread.

Long story short....

Dump NAND
Use ShowMiiWads and delete all the sys channels and IOS from that nand
Delete all the Wii Disc based game saves from that NAND
Nand is ready now and tiny
Again use ShowMiiWads, this time to install the games to the external NAND
On both Wiis install either cIOS 14 or 15 (not lower)
Copy saves to the SD/USB you will use in an unencrypted format EG Waninkokos savegame manager
Launch the games from triiforce, they will save to either SD/USB and are totally portable.

*NOTE you need to launch triiforce from either USB or SD and have the external NAND on another devise, so you will need SD AND USB (a pen drive will do)

This is the only way to do what you want really, but the best bit is that the saves go with the games making it even better.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you dont have to patch anything.

a game WAD is made of 3 parts:
the content
the ticket
the title

you need to have the ticket and title on the wii so the content can be played from the SD card channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8