Hacking Possible to put 4.5 Motherboard in Zelda 3DS XL?

19cookies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to put a motherboard with FW 4.5 into a Zelda 3DS XL?

I just want to be sure it will work before trying as the Zelda one hasn't been on anything lower than 6.x :P

Sylantemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've got the skills for a motherboard replacement, there shouldn't be any reason you can't (someone else may correct me on that). Though honestly, if you've got the Zelda 3DS XL and a donor 4.5 XL, you'd be better off to just swap the casing. If you only have the 4.5 motherboard... Have fun.

mcsdoode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've done a motherboard swap and it's not that bad.... just be VERY, VERY careful with the ribbon cables and their connectors; I luckily had some electronics tweezers to work with.

19cookies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally had some free time so I did the motherboard swap today. Everything works fine :D

b6d3d5.jpg

33kvlt4.jpg

Reactions: DSlite2

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you do a full shell swap or mobo swap? If just the mobo, it shouldn't have taken that long. Original 3DS' are harder, as you have to move the SD reader to get to 2 of the screws holding the mobo down. With the XL all the screws are easily accessed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto