Would you put CWF on a 3DS XL SNES edition?

Xandr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I bought myself a 3ds i would rlly like to play some 3ds games on it but i am afraid to brick it if something goes wrong also, idk if i can remove the CWF afterwards in case i want to sell the 3ds later again.

Maybe someone got some advice for me.

Last edited by Xandr,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can leave it with CFW just don't include any game, uninstalling CFW can lead to brick if you region changed then don't uninstall CFW.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No. I wouldn't. I decided to keep this one stock and also only touch it after throughoutly washing my hands with pretty aggressive cleaner.

There is no factual reason for that - just sentimental feelings when seeing the design and remembering playing the SNES as a kid.

3DS CFW is safe.

Good luck and have fun!

Xandr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No. I wouldn't. I decided to keep this one stock and also only touch it after throughoutly washing my hands with pretty aggressive cleaner.

There is no factual reason for that - just sentimental feelings when seeing the design and remembering playing the SNES as a kid.

3DS CFW is safe.

Good luck and have fun!
Do you use a second 3ds on wich you have cfw?

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

3DS CFW is safe.

Good luck and have fun!
I can't tell if you're joking or not. Washing your hands with an agressive cleaner before touching your console? Are you human or A.I. ? Weirdo. @Xandr CFW on any console is just better in every way but especially on 3ds where once set up, you don't really see it. Don't overthink this like some fragile soy trying to keep their plastic "mint". CFW that shit up like there's no tomorrow! All of your consoles!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you use a second 3ds on wich you have cfw?
For being active in the 3DS section alone I've made sure to have every model at least once.
3DS.jpg
Again, only sentimental reasons. Other than the shell the SNES edition is in no way different when comparing it to the standard models.

I can't tell if you're joking or not. Washing your hands with an agressive cleaner before touching your console? Are you human or A.I. ?
I was not joking and very rarely use that thing and want to keep it in pristine condition.
You might guess that if I was an AI chatbot, the moderators would have found out by now and banned or deleted my account.
Thanks for the insult.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Xandr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok guys thank you all for the advices, I guess I'm going to put CFW on my device then since i rlly wanna play those games again I once played.
Post automatically merged:

Question can I use a 32Gb micro sd card for the installation and change the sd card afterwards to a 128GB?

Reactions: isoboy

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes you can, just follow the instructions on how to upgrade your SD card safely in the same guide that's been linked here a couple times now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.