• Views 31,336
  • Replies 228
  • Likes 29

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll wait a bit until the dust has cleared and I'll overhaul my guide to installing CFW, this is absolutely AWESOME and will make the entire process MUCH shorter... And cold boot (when the reliability gets a bit better) is SWEET, thanks for this (I forgot to say this earlier)

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll wait a bit until the dust has cleared and I'll overhaul my guide to installing CFW, this is absolutely AWESOME and will make the entire process MUCH shorter... And cold boot (when the reliability gets a bit better) is SWEET, thanks for this (I forgot to say this earlier)
Homemenuhax works much better now. Get the v2 version from his github. Launch any application and tap the power button so that the "do you want to power of screen" appears. Then press the home button and hold L.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a miracle worker. Lol. I only told you how to make it work with all 2.X homebrew.
I meant Brahma 2 boot rate...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well if this works then there would be a Pasta v2 (aka. Cold Pasta) topic Soon.

I really like the idea of having CFW from cold boot (once thought almost impossible to achieve), in the essence it is not really a coldboot but rather a boot 'soft crash' to run payload.

On the other hand if it really works (signed/unsigned CIA installing works) then I fear less games will going to release in the future and 3DS console may end soon as there will be almost all 3DS been known exploitable to date (something similar to like Wii).
Ehh... You do know that this still only supports 9.0-9.2 right? Also Nintendo and other companies aren't going to stop making games because of piracy...

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country

I really like the idea of having CFW from cold boot (once thought almost impossible to achieve), in the essence it is not really a coldboot but rather a undestructive boot 'soft crash' to run payload from SD card.

On the other hand if it really works (signed/unsigned CIA installing works) then I fear less games will going to release in the future and 3DS console may end soon as there will be almost all 3DS been known exploitable to date (something similar to like Wii).

Last edited by Just3DS,
Reactions: SLiV3R

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I really like the idea of having CFW from cold boot (once thought almost impossible to achieve), in the essence it is not really a coldboot but rather a boot 'soft crash' to run payload.

Also another great thing about this hack is that nothing shows up before the hack runs, so from a cold boot it would be virtually impossible to tell that you are running CFW, it looks like a completely normal boot (other than taking a little longer) that is of course as long as the loader doesn't display anything on screen.

Reactions: Just3DS

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Ehh... You do know that this still only supports 9.0-9.2 right? Also Nintendo and other companies aren't going to stop making games because of piracy...
There are game developers other than Nintendo for this console you know, once they see that piracy on it can't be avoided they will move their focus and time on development on other game consoles (which could also result in low quality games if there will be any for 3DS).

Last edited by Just3DS,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also Nintendo and other companies aren't going to stop making games because of piracy...

There are game developers other than Nintendo for this console you know, once they see that piracy on it can't be avoided they will move their focus and time on development on other game consoles.

Any company that will leave the 3ds behind already has long ago... I mean it isn't exactly news that any 3ds on or below 9.2 can be hacked to play CIAs free... This hack doesn't enable anything new except being able to boot from the home menu on already exploitable systems

Last edited by dark_samus3,

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
There are game developers other than Nintendo for this console you know, once they see that piracy on it can't be avoided they will move their focus and time on development on other game consoles (which could also result in low quality games if there will be any for 3DS).
Is not like all the user base do piracy with their console, after 2 years with piracy we still are getting games.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, honestly, there will ALWAYS be piracy on every system eventually, there isn't any sure way to stop it... Unless you can write perfect code, there will ALWAYS be room for improvement and there will ALWAYS be vulnerabilities, so really with your logic every developer will stop making games for every console...

Reactions: teampleb

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
@dark_samus3 and @AtlasFontaine my point was on that game developers will start putting quality and effort for other consoles like Wii U, PS and XB. Of course they won't stop making games but they all will be of low quality and bland (indie games, typical in-game paid rpgs, etc)

Take the exmaple of games on Wii U for instance.
See the quality of this particular console, there are even exclusives on it which are tempting. If Wii U starts getting CFW as well and gets exploited over and over then same could happen to it as well...

Last edited by Just3DS,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dark_samus3 and @AtlasFontaine my point was on that game developers will start putting quality and effort for other consoles like Wii U, PS and XB. Of course they won't stop making games but they all will be of low quality and bland (indie games, typical in-game paid rpgs, etc)
They found a way to pirate on the PS4... Looks like that's going to get crappy games too!

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I do not agree with that, if you're a developer you won't make your game bad in purpose if you wan't to sell it.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
You not getting the point, we are talking about software exploits not hardware mods. Sky3DS is been there as always, of course it is a hardware mod that is not in control of Nintendo at the moment (well sort of just recently been patched). Software exploits usually are free to share and spread for free, and if the company keeps failing on that then the developers would eventually think that way you know...
If Brahma works on Ninjhax and (eventually rxTools and CFWs) on 10.x which is the latest firmware and works so easily without any extra hardware...

PS. excuse me for several edits as I using this forum on my smartphone... also now I don't want to take it off-topic so I end it here

Last edited by Just3DS,

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You not getting the point, we are talking about software exploits not hardware mods. Sky3DS is been there as always, of course it is a hardware mod that is not in control of Nintendo at the moment (well sort of just recently been patched). Software exploits usually are free to share and spread for free, and if the company keeps failing on that then the developers would eventually think that way you know...
If Brahma works on Ninjhax and (eventually rxTools and CFWs) on 10.x which is the latest firmware and works so easily without any extra hardware...
A-hem, CFW? that didn't stop developers in 9.2 days

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it would just get patched again and everything would be fine...

Reactions: AtlasFontaine

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

PS. excuse me for several edits as I using this forum on my smartphone... also now I don't want to take it off-topic so I end it here
Brahma is not being ported to 10.x (well, there's that one guy who's trying to, but I doubt he'll get anywhere)

Reactions: fmkid and Just3DS

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brahma is not being ported to 10.x (well, there's that one guy who's trying to, but I doubt he'll get anywhere)
I see, so then that pull request was to make O3DS work for 9.2 and under using themehax? I thought I read it is possible to install CIA by patching checks even without kernel access...

Last edited by Just3DS,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
That doesn't even make sense. Brahma is nothing but an implementation of two patched exploits, memchunkhax and firmlaunchhax. There's nothing in brahma left to port to 10.1 -- it's completely fixed post 9.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30