Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't even make sense. Brahma is nothing but an implementation of two patched exploits, memchunkhax and firmlaunchhax. There's nothing in brahma left to port to 10.1 -- it's completely fixed post 9.2.

Not entirely. In 9.3/9.4 (can't recall which one exactly) firmlaunchhax still exists. It was in a 9.4ish update where it was finally patched. It was the memchunkhax on Arm11 that got patched in 9.3.

For 9.3-9.4 consoles you'd have to find a new Arm11 exploit as you can't trigger firmlaunchhax without having control over Arm11. I can see 9.3/9.4 firmwares eventually getting CFW in the future if a Arm11 kernel exploit is found again. But for those past 9.4, a new exploit for both is a long ways off from being found.

k8099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
So from what I can gather, this won't work on an n3DS?
There's a pull request on the rxTools GitHub right now for Brahma2 support: https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/pull/247
I compiled it with the pull request merged, but on my n3DS all I get when launching it from themehax are some garbled graphics on the top screen followed by a black top and red bottom screen.

If someone wants, they can try this with themehax (or another NH2.x entry point) on an o3DS:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8225581/release.rar
It's just a compiled version of the latest rxTools source with @WilliamO7's Brahma2 pull request merged, that I compiled just now. Didn't seem to work on n3DS though.
yes,it is work!my old 3ds sysnand is 9.2j,eumnand is 10 .1j

D

Deleted User

OP
I do not intend to be rude, but cab you all move your cfw debate in his own section?
This thread goal was to creating a working port of brahma, i recall, and not pirating anywhere.

Reactions: fmkid
D

Deleted User

OP
Some little changes have just been committed!
I tried to "slow down" some functions in order to avoid the timing problem.
The result is positive in my old3ds, which now boots 100% of the times in something like 2 seconds, i find it acceptable.
So try it out and report bugs and errors, expecially if you are a n3ds user, since i cannot test on it.

Reactions: WhoAmI? and SLiV3R

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Some little changes have just been committed!
I tried to "slow down" some functions in order to avoid the timing problem.
The result is positive in my old3ds, which now boots 100% of the times in something like 2 seconds, i find it acceptable.
So try it out and report bugs and errors, expecially if you are a n3ds user, since i cannot test on it.
Very nice. It might be a good idea to include the actual binary with your release so more people can test it. (with a sample arm9 payload file too so they don't have to track one down)

Reactions: WhoAmI?
D

Deleted User

OP
Very nice. It might be a good idea to include the actual binary with your release so more people can test it. (with a sample arm9 payload file too so they don't have to track one down)
The prebuildt one performs a firmlaunch , which means that if you get kicked back in home menu then it works.

D

Deleted User

OP
That's the thing, there is no pre-built release. It's just the source code.
Unless I'm missing something.
The sources contain a little piece of arm9 code which get executed in case no other payload is loaded.
That makes the console soft-reboot and you should be in home menu :)

If it makes a problem, i can simply write an example and make a release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol