"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
mercluke said:
jan777 said:
Though I never finished the first one, This seems to be more interesting.
it was a 30 minute game...

lol really? got frustrated at one point, and never played it again. lol. might give it another shot while waiting for this.
laugh.gif

Are you saying you never got the cake?
blink.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Devin said:
jan777 said:
mercluke said:
jan777 said:

lol really? got frustrated at one point, and never played it again. lol. might give it another shot while waiting for this.
laugh.gif

blink.gif

Not yet.. Im coming for it though! It better not be a lie! :0

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
zeromac said:
mercluke said:
jan777 said:
It was a 30 minute game with glitches and exploits
exploits? glitches? like what?
the game is all about solving puzzles...
if you've already completed the puzzles then you can easily complete it a 2nd/3rd/4th/5th/etc time in an extremely short timespan...

edit: didn't know about that wallclimbing... that's cool
ohmy.gif

still possible to complete the game in 30-60 minutes without stuff like that, though
tongue.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
Devin said:
jan777 said:
mercluke said:
jan777 said:

laugh.gif

blink.gif

Not yet.. Im coming for it though! It better not be a lie! :0

It's not. I have it. Companion cube's here, waiting for you.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
mercluke said:
jan777 said:

laugh.gif

30 minutes is only possible if you do a speed run through. Which means using every trick in the book to make it through each level in the minimum time possible, which you won't be doing on your first run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JC2rAES0es

You can clear some levels in mere seconds assuming you know the tricks. But if you go through it 'normally' it's a few hours before you finish.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm I played the first on PC. Do I now play this on console......... (especially given I can not stand the console version of Left 4 dead yet quite enjoy the PC version).

Thanks for the post by the way.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'm actually pissed that it leaked this early. Preordered it a long time ago, and now this...it's just a game which you shouldn't pirate, since you know already that it will be awesome and needs the support
frown.gif

Meh, I'll continue to wait for my Retail Disc...I won't risk a ban (SSv1, and this early?), especially since I bought all my latest games. But damn, this is tempting...

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Satangel said:
Hopefully this means the PC version isn't far away either!seems like it gonna be 19th April according to this ... although I'm more curious about the 'potato sack' (note it ends when Portal 2 is released - so you've got 4 days to decide)

QUOTEGet The Potato Sack and join in on the one-of-a-kind limited-time crossover sleuthing game event of the season!

13 indie games, each just updated with portal 2 content! Plus, if you own all 13 of the games in this pack (or purchase this pack), get a special Team Fortress 2 potato hat and a special skin in Portal 2 co-op.

Individual price:£108.87
Package price:-£81.65
Potato Sack Promotion:£27.22

Cost to you:£27.15
seems like a couple/few good indie games included - even though Portal 2 not included the price of £51.21 if you buy both sounds tempting

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
Did anyone try this yet? Is it good?

Just got it working about 20 minutes ago.
happy.gif
It's really good. Or to complement what Vash said.

QUOTEYou know what? I don't care what people say, the brain damaged people are the true heroes".

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the concerned I am deliberately keeping this spoiler light.

I was not going to go in for the 360 version but my friend appeared with a copy so I put in a couple of hours already- some very nice additions to the game. Moon rocks are my favourite although some of the gravity stuff is also fun.

I have noticed it is a bit easier than last time although to counter it there are a few more timing related puzzles, I have "glitched" a few puzzles as well.

I also noticed it is probably the best FPS control scheme for a controller I have ever done although that is not saying much.

No chance to do a co-op game though.

Edit: finished it. Started just after 1pm (now nearing midnight- went to the pub for an hour or two earlier). Not sure what I think at this point- the final sequence from the first game seemed to have been stretched across the whole game which is no bad thing, I already mentioned the new things (gels and some "gravity" tubes- I forgot the in game term) which changed things a bit although the developers did not really use them to the fullest (I did enjoy the sequence where you get to put the moon stuff everywhere though). Story wise- on a par if not better than the first although the story felt more like a sketch show on the first for me (good but no real narrative).
I look forward to the DLC and any "hard mode" stuff that comes.

I also need to get co-op going on- 4 portals changes everything and if they do that right (assuming I get a good partner for this one).

Looking around it says co-op does have a system link option too which is nice. I will have to fire up a VPN and test it out or sort out a couple of the machines around here.

Edit some more
Managed to get some system link going on- it is a sort of hub/theme world. It has not been pushed quite as much as it could be thus far although it does changes things up quite a bit having four portals to worry about.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fired through this baby today. Despite having a pre-order on the PC and initially thinking that I wouldn't care to play it on a controller I was surprised to find it plays VERY WELL on a controller. Also very satsified for the most part although there are one or two omissions that suprise me like the lack of advanced chambers. Still, damn fun time with it
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?