Hacking Popped my 4.0 Wii's Cherry But Problem with VC WADS

Miikeandratm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to get the Homebrew Channel up and running, using KongsNutz' 4.0 guide.

So after installing IOS this and that (as you can tell, I'm a Noob) all was well.

However, I tried to install a few Virtual Console WADS (Games I own on Cart anyway) using WadInstaller.

It installs the Wad and on the System Menu, It has the Game banner but when I select it it says something along the lines of "Can't open this channel".

So I figure it's a region problem. I "Free the Wad" to the PAL region, but now when I select the game, instead of "Can't open this channel" it just freezes on a Black Screen and I have to hard reset.
wacko.gif

Any Ideas? Cheers.

Miikeandratm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
G2K said:
Clever title
wink.gif

What games are you trying to install and what region are they? Did you download the WADs or make them?

The games were Donkey Kong and Super Mario 3. Both NES.

I downloaded the WADS.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok this isn't because of the region. did you have your IOS 60 properly patched? and for that matter it may be that the IOS they are trying to load from are missing. if it's neither of those then you have bad wads and are lucky the wii didn't brick.

Miikeandratm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hells Guardian said:
Ok this isn't because of the region. did you have your IOS 60 properly patched? and for that matter it may be that the IOS they are trying to load from are missing. if it's neither of those then you have bad wads and are lucky the wii didn't brick.

I believe it's properly patched. As I said, I followed KingsNutz' guide to a T.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong.

Miikeandratm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, when I'm installing the Wad, WAD Manager prompts me to select which IOS version to use. I've no idea what this even means and I always leave it on IOS249 which is the default setting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: