Hacking [poll] How long does Webkit exploit take for you?

How long does Webkit exploit take for you?

• Total voters

osaka35

Instructional Designer
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten it to work about 3 times now, after a total of 10 hours or so of trying to beat that race attack using the webkit exploit. Obviously it's as reliable as a pancake in a thunderstorm, but some users seem to be able to get it to work within a few tries consistently. These individuals are obviously are in league with satan.

If you would be so kind, how long does it take you for a successful attempt, and what do you do to make it happen? Multiple browsers open? none? reset of browser data every time? clear cookies, restart, clear cookies? sacrifice several small goats? etc, etc.

Update: it seems that self-hosting is the best way to go. No goat sacrifice required! I'm guessing all ya'll that it works within the first few times either have really good internet, or are self hosting? Or using the usb-internet adapter? Please share your method, as it's nice to have such data.

My method that didn't work:
-Using a 4g-wifi thingi with At&T, my wii u and laptop were connected over wifi.
-have that tubehax dns in place
-Used http://wj44.bplaced.com/ to launch the exploit
-Started Wii U, opened browser, closed all tabs, cleared all cache. Shut down Wii U
-Start up Wii U again, open browser, clear cache, visit wj44.bplaced.com
-Sometimes cleared cache, closed browser, opened it, then visited wj44.bplaced.com
-Attempt exploit, hangs (sometimes video disconnect/black screen, or just hangs)
-Go back and forth between having loads of opened tabs and no tabs
-Nothing after a lot of hours

Method that does work:
-Host files on PC
-Start Wii U, open browser, clear cache, close browser, open browser, clear cache
-Run exploit
-Success on first or second attempt every time

It also works just going straight to the exploit off of boot and clearing nothing. I can't seem to get tcpGecko to recognize the Wii U exist this time around, but I suspect that's my PCs fault..somewhere. My previous setup had cable internet at the edge of the wifi range, and that worked only after an hour or two of doing things. Hosting files seems to help a lot. Latency issues perhaps, as it is a race attack?

Last edited by osaka35,
D

Deleted User

Sometimes first sometimes between 2-4, never beyond the 5th try.
How do you have the patience BTW ?

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had lots of success with self-hosting as well, you should definitely check that out before anything else. I figure the exploit fails most commonly due to the payload not being available to write exactly on time, thus crashing the OSDriver process or something. Hosting it yourself ensures it's as fast as possible for it to be grabbed, and there's never any wait times for the server to retrieve the data and send you the exploit data. AKA it's faster and cleaner, use it whenever possible.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes first sometimes between 2-4, never beyond the 5th try.
How do you have the patience BTW ?
I'm usually doing two or three things at once, so while overall it takes several hours, I'm not waiting on it. I just have it beside me, unplug when it fails, plug in, restart. Do other things while it loads.

I've had lots of success with self-hosting as well, you should definitely check that out before anything else. I figure the exploit fails most commonly due to the payload not being available to write exactly on time, thus crashing the OSDriver process or something. Hosting it yourself ensures it's as fast as possible for it to be grabbed, and there's never any wait times for the server to retrieve the data and send you the exploit data. AKA it's faster and cleaner, use it whenever possible.

I'm giving the self-hosting a whorl right now. And that makes sense. The few times it did work, my internet was faster and cable. I'm on slow internet using wifi, so that could be it. I was curious about that, about the speed of everything.

update 1: welp, it's at least giving me the black screen "attack failed, rebooting", rather than just freezing, which is nice. I suppose they should add a "yo, if your internet stinks, you're gonna have problems" disclaimer.

update 2: that seems to work a lot better. I'm guessing all ya'll that it works within the first few times either have really good internet, or are self hosting? Or using the usb-internet adapter? (These details are partly why I created the poll)

Last edited by osaka35,

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
i got it to work mostly every time the first time.
there is one issue : some times 1/10 ,when i click (A) button for loadiine instalation its freez ( i think when i wait to long ).

using original loadiine v4 on 5.3.2 wiiu with 128 go sdcard
selfhosting with XAMPP and blocking nintendo updates with opendns ( i never try tubehax)

when browser open , its open on internet page (gbatemp) , i click on the top left i guess the door and choose the kernel exploit ( works always first time ) ,
then i choose the second favorite page wich is loadiine exploit.

i wish it help

Last edited by mitcha,
Reactions: osaka35

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
About 50% of the times it works on the first try, 25% on the second. The last 25% it takes three or more times. If it takes more times, I just turn the wiiu off and on again (it's faster than entering the system menu and having to cancel all the 'do you want to update?' messages).

I don't self host but use eclipsesin's page (this one). Also...it may be completely wrong, but I have the idea that it works more often if it's done as close to starting the wiiu as possible. Meaning: I quickstart the wiiu browser, which has the page as the first one, then click that "loadiine kernel (5.3.2)" as fast as I can manage.

Reactions: Empu1

Deeptrap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Self hosting here ( synology) and never more then 3 times. i think 20 % first time 60 % second 20 % third time.

I got my wii-u offline with a non existing gateway and Dns, but my wii is now very slow. starting up will take sometimes 2 minutes, and also starting the web browser will take 2 to 3 minutes. So it will take 6 - 7 minutes from cold boot, and after the second time it will cost 11-12 minutes (firmware 4.1.0). So not a quick start.
But it works so no complaining here :)

Incure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did have the exploit self hosted on my Synology but it in my case it worked worse than using a external site. My goal is making the Synology a exclusive accesspoint for the Wii U with a USB wifi adapter, but I gonna wait before trying this futher if the IOSU hack make hosting the exploit obsolete.

That said, ever since @EclipseSin has updated his site (http://exploit.wiiubrew.net/) and I've resetted the browser settings I've got a 80% succes rate on the first try. The biggest difference is that the Wii U doesn't hang anymore, so if it isn't working I can just try a few race attacks before it works.

Only in a rare case it will hang at loading Loadiine. I'm using TubeHAX by the way.

If it takes more times, I just turn the wiiu off and on again (it's faster than entering the system menu and having to cancel all the 'do you want to update?' messages).
How do you have the system updates blocked? I never get a message of me wanting to do a update? I also see you are you using quickstart, only in this mode it can autoupdate the Wii U in stand by. Be aware of this/

Fabbbrrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
First try. Alwaya.

Well... Once a week I get a race attack failed error, but that's normal.

My method is an old android phone connected with an USB to my router (it is always on using USB power) hosting the necessary files.
It is a good idea give the android a static ip on the network and that's it!
I also gave a static ip to my wiiu and totally blocked internet access on the router.

Hope that helps!

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
3 times in 10 hours ? I think you're doing it wrong.
I cleared my webbrowser, went to : http://exploit.wiiubrew.net/, shut down my wii u.
now every time I load the internet app, I'm on the right page right away, I just use the pen and click on multikernel as fast as I can. works 2/3rd of the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-