Hacking [poll] How long does Webkit exploit take for you?

How long does Webkit exploit take for you?

• Total voters

famouslutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Usually works first try with me. No self-host, but I find that making downloads inactive beforehand ups the success rate. It usually takes a couple of tries if downloads are active. Dunno if there's anything except my own bias / luck in that, really.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm usually doing two or three things at once, so while overall it takes several hours, I'm not waiting on it. I just have it beside me, unplug when it fails, plug in, restart. Do other things while it loads.

I'm giving the self-hosting a whorl right now. And that makes sense. The few times it did work, my internet was faster and cable. I'm on slow internet using wifi, so that could be it. I was curious about that, about the speed of everything.

update 1: welp, it's at least giving me the black screen "attack failed, rebooting", rather than just freezing, which is nice. I suppose they should add a "yo, if your internet stinks, you're gonna have problems" disclaimer.

update 2: that seems to work a lot better. I'm guessing all ya'll that it works within the first few times either have really good internet, or are self hosting? Or using the usb-internet adapter? (These details are partly why I created the poll)

Internet speed is not a problem, I dont think it has anything to do with succes rate, until i got tubehax fixed (my isp blocked 3rd party DNS servers) i tethered internet from my phone using 2g on purpose so wii u wouldnt get updated in ages because of slow speed and it always worked from 1st to 3rd try

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How do you have the system updates blocked? I never get a message of me wanting to do a update? I also see you are you using quickstart, only in this mode it can autoupdate the Wii U in stand by. Be aware of this/
I block the IP's on my router as well as using tubehax. And I'm aware of the standby auto-update, but I don't care: I never use it to begin with (I turn off electricity on my TV block when not using it).

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is how I managed to get it working on mine: (I used to get the whole white dots and black screen thing, but once I did this it worked right away and from then on it only takes me at most 4 tries to get it up and running)
1. Open the internet browser, go to any website, go to home
2. Open configuration, exit to home
3. Open internet browser, power off.
4. Turn on, and try kernel exploit, it should work without freeze (black screen with white dots).

Reactions: osaka35

osaka35

Instructional Designer
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Internet speed is not a problem, I dont think it has anything to do with succes rate, until i got tubehax fixed (my isp blocked 3rd party DNS servers) i tethered internet from my phone using 2g on purpose so wii u wouldnt get updated in ages because of slow speed and it always worked from 1st to 3rd try

Well, perhaps not speed but delay. Satellite internet, for example, can be fast, but it takes forever for the signal to get from point A to B. So it may take a while for your netflix to start on satellite, but it streams just fine once it does. I'm guessing it may be something here, as I was attempting to do it using one of those 4g wifi thingies, where my wii u and computer connected to wifi.

@osaka35 which public server are you using to run the exploit? I use to have the same problem as you but once i start using http://wj44.bplaced.com/ to launch the exploit it would only take me 1 or 2 tries to get it working.

Thanks for the kindly advice, it's appreciated, but that was the one I was using unfortunately.

Last edited by osaka35,

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't self host but use eclipsesin's page (this one)

This link right here! Just tried it today and it works wonders almost right away. Trying with the other website (the wupinstaller dot com one) was always a nightmare, since I'd normally have to retry over and over and over again to get it to install updates for my games.

Reactions: osaka35

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This link right here! Just tried it today and it works wonders almost right away. Trying with the other website (the wupinstaller dot com one) was always a nightmare, since I'd normally have to retry over and over and over again to get it to install updates for my games.
Glad to have helped, but really: I just followed the stickies (in fact, I even copy-pasted it from there rather than re-checking the page on my wiiu). I don't want to sound condescending, but you really should look into those first.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to have helped, but really: I just followed the stickies (in fact, I even copy-pasted it from there rather than re-checking the page on my wiiu). I don't want to sound condescending, but you really should look into those first.

Well since two or three of the URLs already posted were from the same sticky, and from the most popular threads, it's safe to assume most people are already using the stickies and most popular threads...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)