Homebrew (Poll and Discussion) Who would like DS "Emulation" on the 3DS to be a thing?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 9,138
  • Replies 126
  • Likes 3

Is DS "Emulation" worth it still?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My advice @SirBeethoven stfu, quit acting like you know what you're talking about, and abandon this thread before you do something that'll get yourself banned.
I myself have now been motivated by the retardedness of this thread alone to actually start looking in to this and perhaps even make a (read: useful) github containing real code that will contribute to this thread. First order of business: actually start recoding the slot 2 patcher...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It was kinda obvious what he meant...
And this meme accurately describes how I feel

Seriously, the fact people still have hope in this kills me

I have to admit, I can see how this thread will damage/kill some people's hopes, but... let's not give up! Surely eventually someone will come along and help!

Reactions: Ricken
D

Deleted-379826

OP
I mean despite the negativity if you believe you can and will put time into it then I'm rooting for you

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm startled that someone is actually working on this

regardless, I feel like WarioWare Touched would be the best resource for working on this

EDIT; Building a .cia anyway
A. Thanks!
B. Good idea, but for this I won't even be touching a console (yet) I'll just be messing with the patcher code

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Something we maybe could replicate to some scale
We'd have to decompile and reverse engineer each game seperately though :unsure: unless you want to hack nintendo directly to get the src code from them lol
Lets start a new thread and stop bumping this crappy one

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something we maybe could replicate to some scale
Auto patcher on boot using a heavily modified slot-2 patcher?

We'd have to decompile and reverse engineer each game seperately though :unsure: unless you want to hack nintendo directly to get the src code from them lol
Lets start a new thread and stop bumping this crappy one
Better yet let's not make a new one and go back to @Billy Acuña's DSimode progress thread

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/
I'll see y'all there

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Auto patcher on boot using a heavily modified slot-2 patcher?

Better yet let's not make a new one and go back to @Billy Acuña's DSimode progress thread
put a link so anybody who stumbles across this thread can get there easily
(I still think buying an r4 or something like that is better)
EDIT: ok good

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
@SirBeethoven, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

But the 3DS has access to the SD card, does it not? So if we were put in some sort of environment that the 3DS and DS could handle, we could.
This might possibly be possible, but again, I'm rounding the possibility to impossible.

And if we rewrote parts of TWL_Firm to include more FCRAM, we could fit most games into that.
It is impossible to rewrite a firmware to get around a hardware imposed limit such as the amount of available RAM.

Another option might also be if we DIRECTLY INPLIMENTED SD card access to TWL_Firm - GIVING it SD card access.
This is an oversimplification. Comparable to "Sure, time travel is impossible, but we just have to build something that will make it possible!" despite the myriad of evidence indicating that it is impossible.

Then that's exactly what we'll do. With this patcher, we will code it more thoroughly to replace any instance of Slot-2 with SD. There may be some hiccups at first, but hey! This is SCIENCE! :D

As I've stated before, that tool is completely inapplicable to running DS games on the 3DS. The DS doesn't have access to the SD card, and it never will. That tool patches DS games so that they run off of the slot 2, which the DS has always had access to.

[Edit] As @Nyap suggested, this will be my last post in this thread, since I'm repeating myself at this point.

TBH, this is how I've felt until now:
cancel-all-my-meetings.jpg

Last edited by evandixon,
Reactions: cearp

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
@SirBeethoven, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

This might possibly be possible, but again, I'm rounding the possibility to impossible.

It is impossible to rewrite a firmware to get around a hardware imposed limit such as the amount of available RAM.

This is an oversimplification. Comparable to "Sure, time travel is impossible, but we just have to build something that will make it possible!" despite the myriad of evidence indicating that it is impossible.
stop bumping this thread
also, if a mod see's this plz ban @SirBeethoven for botting the poll, there's loads of votes saying yes in the poll but so much negativity in the actual thread, this is not normal

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We shockingly gained a small bit off this one tho
a Github :P

better said someone actively working on this
We gained absolutely fuck all let me just recap a few things with a flashcart 100% compatibility and all games run exactly how they should. Also a flashcart costs next to nothing I can buy a decent flashcart cheaper than the cost of a meal from McDonald's. Emulation no mater how good will never be 100% accurate will more than never run 100% percent of games not all games will run at full speed etcetera. Emulation of the ds on a 3ds is just stupid when a much better and easier to use solution exists that costs next to nothing to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill