Politics of Respect

murkurie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few day's ago I learned that people in my town feel my Uncle should be disciplined and taught respect. Why? because last week there was high speed chase in my town, and a police offer died in a horrible accident. The officer was on a motorcycle and hit the broadside of a big rig that made a left turn in a blind intersection so the trucker never saw the officer. Now my uncle being a chief for my fire department was one of the first responders. When he got to the scene it was very obvious the Officer died. So instead of cover the body with a white sheet. He draped with a USA flag. Now most people think, that it's great idea, and what a way to show respect to a fallen officer. but now there saying by doing that, he disrespected America and needs to learn proper respect via discipline. Now not only did my uncles friend die, and him having to tell the officers family, he is being disciplined for his actions. I am very confused and angry at this, how did he disrespect America and how does he not have respect...

Full view of the accident
20100611_124928_bn12_chp_fatal_800p_300.jpg

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dying in the line of duty protecting the citizens of your country warrants being covered by your flag. he died for that flag.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
What the heck is wrong with America these days? You can't fart without being accused of disrespecting the flag and shit.

He died honorably and he deserves to have the flag of the country he died in draped on himself.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well letting the flag touch the ground is considered disrespectful, but this wasn't exactly a normal situation. It was a way to honor the fallen officer and I think any discipline given to your uncle is ridiculous and uncalled for.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the other officers saw fit to do it, I don't see why it's a problem unless he ripped it directly off a flagpole, but I aint no protocol expert contrary to popular belief

I wouldn't doubt that the flag on the ground let alone on a body would stir emotions, is there anything else to this story that was left out ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1