Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Police chief investigates 'most grisly murder in 35 years' before discovering blood-spattered scene is a horror movie set

QUOTE said:
"Firefighters who responded to a hotel blaze stumbled upon a blood-spattered hotel room littered with bottles of alcohol and even a piece of a scalp.

"Police Chief J.R. Blyth, who was called in to investigate, described the discovery at the George Washington Hotel in Pittsburgh as 'the most grisly murder scene in his 35 years in law enforcement'.

"Detectives had spent eight hours of overtime on the investigation before Chief Blyth realised the blood wasn’t real and that the murder scene was in fact the leftover set of a horror movie filmed two years ago with Corey Haim.

"The film called New Terminal Hotel shot a scene in the hotel and the owner, Kyrk Pyros, decided to leave the room untouched in case the crew had to come back for re-shoots. Mr Pyros was bemused by the police's discovery of the 'crime scene'. He said: 'I smiled and the [coroner] looked at me and said, "I am not finding this funny". I said, "Well, that is where [New] Terminal Hotel was shot. That is our scare room.'"

Source.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Saw this
rofl.gif

Funny fail.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fail.
rofl.gif

On one hand, maybe they should have notified the officials.

Secondly, this will probably increase advertising for the film.
wink.gif

Which could mean that if they make a sequel they can't revisit the room because it's been disturbed by the police.
ohnoes.png

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
ProtoKun7 said:
wink.gif
That was my first thought
nyanya.gif
What if it was all a publicity stunt? And the hotel manager was in on it? But then I saw that the film was made two years prior, and figured it had probably already premiered in cinemas. Maybe there's an upcoming DVD release?
nyanya.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Veho said:
ProtoKun7 said:
wink.gif
That was my first thought
nyanya.gif
What if it was all a publicity stunt? And the hotel manager was in on it? But then I saw that the film was made two years prior, and figured it had probably already premiered in cinemas. Maybe there's an upcoming DVD release?
nyanya.gif
The date of the premiere doesn't necessarily matter; advertising afterwards still could increase demand.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.