ROM Hack Pokesav .pkmn file collection

KFresh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I try to add Squrtle, I get this error message..

43167803fs9.jpg

Flam9

OP
Trophies
Website
flamnews.info
XP
Country
Canada
There's a new link: http://cleanmycomputer.ca/flam/pkm/
(same as the old one but /pkm/ instead of /pkmn/ - easier to edit)

I don't know why html is acting gay, but the first drop down and the last one is not working. IF anyone can figure that out, please let me know.
Thanks.

Things are much more organized now.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
It is anyways not cheating. If a game does NOT allow you to get something you are supposed to get then breaking the lock is not cheating. Furthermore fair players will not use an edited pokemon against each other without agreement from the other side.

And besides... editing in games is called "modding" and that's no cheating at all but creativity
biggrin.gif

So because you're editing your game's statistics to your advantage which is something the adverage joe probably wouldn't do, it isn't cheating?

If a game doesn't allow you to get something without doing a certain task (events, trading with others), it pretty much speaks for itself in saying that that's what you're supposed to do. Nintendo wanted you to do the different tasks because that's what keeps the people's interest in the games. Do the events. Trade online. Hatch eggs. Transfer from previous versions. It keeps interest in the game and that's why they're so popular - the games are endlessly accessible and playable in such a way. Since you speak of Red and Blue I can just assume you know of the fuss Mew caused, and the rumours over it (mew's in the truck, mew's a reward for beating the elite 4, and so on.), such things make people come back for more.

It is cheating. And there are always going to be unfair players. And editing/modding a game with a gameshark, action replay, or any other illegitimate means isn't any different from cheating itself. I think you went totally in the wrong direction in trying to justify cheating here.
If you have not the slightest knowledge about game development, game design or modding at all please shut up okay? Unlockables are considered to prolong the life of a game ( it raises the replay value slightly but not enough to justify its presence over other forms of replay value augmentation ) but those are not unlockables. Nintendo does not want to prolong the replay value with this they want to fill their pockets ( as somebody else HAS to buy a game as otherwise you can not complete the game ). Granted the system works but just because a system works doesn't make it a good system. Real modding raises replay value and keeps good games alive not pick-pocket-my-money tricks.

knocturnal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is anyways not cheating. If a game does NOT allow you to get something you are supposed to get then breaking the lock is not cheating. Furthermore fair players will not use an edited pokemon against each other without agreement from the other side.

And besides... editing in games is called "modding" and that's no cheating at all but creativity
biggrin.gif

So because you're editing your game's statistics to your advantage which is something the adverage joe probably wouldn't do, it isn't cheating?

If a game doesn't allow you to get something without doing a certain task (events, trading with others), it pretty much speaks for itself in saying that that's what you're supposed to do. Nintendo wanted you to do the different tasks because that's what keeps the people's interest in the games. Do the events. Trade online. Hatch eggs. Transfer from previous versions. It keeps interest in the game and that's why they're so popular - the games are endlessly accessible and playable in such a way. Since you speak of Red and Blue I can just assume you know of the fuss Mew caused, and the rumours over it (mew's in the truck, mew's a reward for beating the elite 4, and so on.), such things make people come back for more.

It is cheating. And there are always going to be unfair players. And editing/modding a game with a gameshark, action replay, or any other illegitimate means isn't any different from cheating itself. I think you went totally in the wrong direction in trying to justify cheating here.
If you have not the slightest knowledge about game development, game design or modding at all please shut up okay? Unlockables are considered to prolong the life of a game ( it raises the replay value slightly but not enough to justify its presence over other forms of replay value augmentation ) but those are not unlockables. Nintendo does not want to prolong the replay value with this they want to fill their pockets ( as somebody else HAS to buy a game as otherwise you can not complete the game ). Granted the system works but just because a system works doesn't make it a good system. Real modding raises replay value and keeps good games alive not pick-pocket-my-money tricks.

Once Ninendo gets your money I doubt that they care what you do with the game as long as it doesn't affect other players. $ = happy Nintendo

santakuroosu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
If a game does NOT allow you to get something you are supposed to get then breaking the lock is not cheating.
The problem here is that the game allows it. And your feeble excuse that "there isn't anyone near you with a DS" doesn't work anymore. You know, now you can trade through the interweb!
Nintendo made the game and with it a set of rules. If you're going to circumvent the rules don't try to bullshit everyone saying that it's "modding".
Breaking the lock is called cheating, that's pretty much the definition.

Edit: This does not mean that I don't cheat. I haven't yet on this game, but when and if I do, I will admit it.

Flam9

OP
Trophies
Website
flamnews.info
XP
Country
Canada
I like cheating. Go discuss morals elsewhere.

I fixed the problem with the first and last drop downs
smile.gif
Now all pokemon on my lists can be dl'd.

I know I'm missing many, if you have them SEND THEM TO ME. (upload somewhere and pm me)

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Dragonlord

Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
QUOTE said:
If a game does NOT allow you to get something you are supposed to get then breaking the lock is not cheating.
The problem here is that the game allows it. And your feeble excuse that "there isn't anyone near you with a DS" doesn't work anymore. You know, now you can trade through the interweb!
Nintendo made the game and with it a set of rules. If you're going to circumvent the rules don't try to bullshit everyone saying that it's "modding".
Breaking the lock is called cheating, that's pretty much the definition.

Edit: This does not mean that I don't cheat. I haven't yet on this game, but when and if I do, I will admit it.
How many people do I know ( me included ) which can't get their DS online due to their shitty WiFi hardware? Furthermore it's silly to simply drop online with some foreigner you have never seen. W00t for getting ripped off.

But like said, people not knowing about game development, game design or modding can not understand this topic well. I said what is there to be said and if you don't get it or simply stick to the simply "no this ain't true" answer because you don't know any better is lame.

This game is made in a rip-off way with locks placed to rip off people. Making a game-finish task that involves you buying something ( you or somebody you know ) then this is not okay. As simple as it gets. If you make a game-finish task it has to be achievable without additional expenses. Otherwise some editing is more than okay as some people simply have 0% chance to get this done.

That said I care shit about filling up a pokedex. I'm not a 10 year of brat that has nothing else to do. I simply wanted my Pkmn-Red Charizard back to have a bit of fun with it. And this BTW is impossible to do without a couple of pkmn games in between to trade around.

santakuroosu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
How many people do I know ( me included ) which can't get their DS online due to their shitty WiFi hardware?
I can't. Their WiFi dongle doesn't work with my laptop. But I make due with what I have and I'll cheat if I feel like it later on to get this or that pokemon that I want.

QUOTEThis game is made in a rip-off way with locks placed to rip off people.
Looks like someone isn't familiar with the concept of marketing.
rolleyes.gif

Those locks are put there to incite people to buy the other games.
You are still circumventing the game's restrictions, hence cheating.

You seem to be trying hard to tell yourself that you are not cheating when you edit games so you can get what you want.

Dragonlord

Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Definitely not the case. I have finished the game the normal way except collecting all pokemon but this goal I have no interest in reaching anyways. I used the editor to put some of my pknm-red guys in the game for the fun of it like for example sending my old charizard to one of those beauty contests which would have never been possible on pkmn-red at all.

I don't know why people like you do not want to understand the difference between modding/editing a game for the fun of doing things which have not been intended in the first place or mischievous cheating. Just as an example I cite something I posted in the WiFi-Night topic: Stacking. Some guys go around collecting from the web uber pokes stacking up their teams. There is no editing involved still this is true cheating because they do this not for the fun of it but because they want to win at all costs. Hence editing is only cheating if you do it for the sole purpose of winning against somebody else although you suck like meat ball at the game. This is the big difference. Go look once at moddb.com and then tell me that all those people there are cheaters.

Modding = Fun !

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone upload a legit ELEKID?

at first i tried to input everything, but got stuck at the stats part.
then it felt wrong when i tried to put it into the game..
i didnt like the feeling.

so does someone have a legit one they can upload?

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you make your own pokemon using the ditor wont the stats be all wrong ??

also if you pick the pokemon nature the stats dont change to show the stat boost or decrease in the nature you picked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work