Hacking Pokemon X&Y flashcard community saves

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone been banned for using megas in battles yet?

Edit: now i see that you cant even use them in online battles

Presentum

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
has anyone been banned for using megas in battles yet?

Edit: now i see that you cant even use them in online battles

You can use them online, i played yesterday against a friend with them... Or probably you can only use them with friends?

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably as when i tried to use them with passerbys it kept telling me there was a problem
and when i tried to do a random matchup it litterally told me there was something wrong with my pokemon

CarmeloDM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Follow me.
1. I create EmuNand and I download the PokeBank.
2. I change the save with the contrast rom and i send the pokemon to pokebank.
3. I charge my save and i download the previous pokemon.

Can i do this without banning and it is possible?

wischmob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes it is entirely possible and being banned is unlikely, albeit possible of course. if they started banning for duplicated pokemon, they´d have to get rid of almost the entire playerbase. You should not exaggerate it though. just for safety.

laurorual

What are you looking for?
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
With any of these tools, can i dump my rom and save file from my PKM X cart and play on my gateway? (since i cant play my cart on classic mode)

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
With any of these tools, can i dump my rom and save file from my PKM X cart and play on my gateway? (since i cant play my cart on classic mode)

You can dump a rom straight from your cartridge, rename the extension to ".3dz", copy it right to your Flashcard's SD card, and continue exactly where you were before you dumped the game! That's what I did, it works perfectly, even online.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if the save was played on a retail updated console, no there is no way to continue the save, it will only work if the game was played in classic mode

wischmob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
huntereb, i guess you started playing your pokemon game on emuNAND or on sysNAND 4.x right?

laurorual said he/she is unable to play the game on emuNAND classic mode. This implies he7she started the game on sysNAND higher than 4.x. At some point Nintendo changed the encryption keys thus making you either unable to play your pokemon edition on consoles with sysNAND 4.x but able to play on any console using sysNAND higher than 4.x, or you did the opposite and made yourself unable to play on the newer firmware versions. then you may be able to dump your own game and continue the game where you left of in emuNAND. But if you started playing on non-4.x sysNAND there is no way to get your rom with your save working in emuNAND because of the encryption keys. The same applies to the physical cartrodge when using classic mode.

I started playing my Pokemon Y on sysNAND 7.2, and despite being able to flash back and forth between firmware versions, i cannot play my game in emuNAND 7.2 classic mode (cartridge) or as a rom in emuNAND 7.2 gateway mode. This remained unchanged after updating gateway from 2.2 to 2.3b and emuNAND from 7.2 to 8.1.

But i could also be terribly wrong of course, so if you found a way, please tell me / us. Would save me lots of firmware flashing :D

EDIT: got ninja´d... gamesquest said the very same, just much more sleek and swift instead of wall of text.

quantumboy: i dont understand that much about the functionality, but having the correct encryption keys would require you to boot right into a NAND version higher than 4.x. That either disables gateway alltogether because of being unable to exploit the NDS user settings, or is simply impossible because you cannot boot directly into emuNAND, and as far as i understood, those keys are generated when powering on your 3DS.

EDIT2: Scratch that and read what gamesquest wrote.. again ^^

Reactions: laurorual

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah 6.x save encryption thing, its possible this is what gateway have indicated they will fix in the next update, we will just have to wait and see

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
yeah 6.x save encryption thing, its possible this is what gateway have indicated they will fix in the next update, we will just have to wait and see

Hopefully it won't break saves... Maybe there'll be a way to update the saves to a higher encryption after they've been loaded.

laurorual

What are you looking for?
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
huntereb, i guess you started playing your pokemon game on emuNAND or on sysNAND 4.x right?

laurorual said he/she is unable to play the game on emuNAND classic mode. This implies he7she started the game on sysNAND higher than 4.x. At some point Nintendo changed the encryption keys thus making you either unable to play your pokemon edition on consoles with sysNAND 4.x but able to play on any console using sysNAND higher than 4.x, or you did the opposite and made yourself unable to play on the newer firmware versions. then you may be able to dump your own game and continue the game where you left of in emuNAND. But if you started playing on non-4.x sysNAND there is no way to get your rom with your save working in emuNAND because of the encryption keys. The same applies to the physical cartrodge when using classic mode.

I started playing my Pokemon Y on sysNAND 7.2, and despite being able to flash back and forth between firmware versions, i cannot play my game in emuNAND 7.2 classic mode (cartridge) or as a rom in emuNAND 7.2 gateway mode. This remained unchanged after updating gateway from 2.2 to 2.3b and emuNAND from 7.2 to 8.1.

But i could also be terribly wrong of course, so if you found a way, please tell me / us. Would save me lots of firmware flashing :D

EDIT: got ninja´d... gamesquest said the very same, just much more sleek and swift instead of wall of text.

quantumboy: i dont understand that much about the functionality, but having the correct encryption keys would require you to boot right into a NAND version higher than 4.x. That either disables gateway alltogether because of being unable to exploit the NDS user settings, or is simply impossible because you cannot boot directly into emuNAND, and as far as i understood, those keys are generated when powering on your 3DS.

EDIT2: Scratch that and read what gamesquest wrote.. again ^^

I started my PKM X cart on fw 7.2 i guess. So i cant play with my savefile, correct? That's just sad :(
By the way, i'm a man LOL

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I started my PKM X cart on fw 7.2 i guess. So i cant play with my savefile, correct? That's just sad :(
By the way, i'm a man LOL

Yeah, can't do it like that. Maybe Gateway will update the save encryption method soon. Until then, that save is worthless on a 4.x 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging