FireGrey

Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I just thought that it would be possible to duplicate Pokemon in X and Y.
They are offering digital downloads of the game, where you should be able to just copy the game/save onto your computer and then after trading you can roll it back to a previous save point.
Another thing may potentially be is that it could be ripped from the game card and then placed back on after a trade.
The only thing that wouldn't be possible though is sending these save files to others due to the encription, but rolling back your own save should be possible.
One thing is that would Nintendo predict this may happen?
They could easily counter it by storing the save file on the 3DS itself for Digital download games rather than the SD card and for the game card to be able to be played on multiple systems with the same save they could probably store it on both the game card and 3ds system, the save file having a unique identifier code which if that save file has been played before on that 3ds, it would compare the save files and either will be overwritten with the newest save file.
One thing with that though is there could still be a potential to duping using multiple 3ds's, so the only solution for that would have to be that the save file needs to be stored on the cart a different way to all other games, possibly something like Animal Crossing which can block out Gateway.
EDIT:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/question-about-id-checks-with-3ds-and-new-leaf-save-files.349216/
Just read this thread, makes me a bit sad that they don't just save the digital download save on the internal memory, because it would suck to have your sd corrupted an lose your save.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
You'd need a USB adapter to get the save. The SD keeps track of when a game was last saved and prevents loading an older save (though I'm not sure if it would work or not if you replaced ALL the files on the SD).

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
They could just do what they did in ACNL to prevent duping on digital.

and they will, I raised this idea before AC:NL come out, then when it comes out, we see the security, it makes it obvious that Pokémon games will come with that security too...

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

PanCyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I backed up my nand then traded some pokemon to a friend and restored the nand it doesn't work. I tried backing the sd card along with the nand and upon restore that also didn't work. I have no idea of what else to try.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone that has Pokemon X/Y from the eShop I would be grateful if you tried this:

Save your game. Use this tool to make an image backup of your SD card: http://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/

Load your game after the image clone is done. Make some changes such as catching or releasing a pokemon. Save again.

Use previously mentioned tool to RESTORE your previously made backup.

Load your save and see what happens.

EDIT: Alternatively, you can image your SD card to ANOTHER SD card. Play and save your game, then switch cards. This will keep your current card intact.

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
Anyone that has Pokemon X/Y from the eShop I would be grateful if you tried this:

Save your game. Use this tool to make an image backup of your SD card: http://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/

Load your game after the image clone is done. Make some changes such as catching or releasing a pokemon. Save again.

Use previously mentioned tool to RESTORE your previously made backup.

Load your save and see what happens.

I have eshop version, but doing this is too much dangerous for my save so I wont try sorry. (I think 3DS nand dump would be needed, but I have collector pokemon X 3DS Xl and I don't want to open it too)

EDIT : I'm not sure if I'll try or not but I dl'd your program and it seams realy slow to dump the SD card :o

EDIT 2 : Okey I'm trying. I am dumping the card after my save change so I can retore it if it goes wrong.

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
Tryed, not working sadly.

Saying This save is not coresponding to your last gaming session. Impossible to use this data.
4UVBA.jpg

rooshoes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe there is a "ticket" created every time you save which is stored in console nand and in the encrypted savefile, then used to verify the savefile later so that only the last save is valid. Imaging your SD card, playing the game, and then restoring the image will not work because the console has generated a new ticket and your old savefile no longer matches it. It's documented in greater detail on 3dsbrew: http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Anti_Savegame_Restore

If you dumped and decryped the console nand and located this 64-length number ticket, you would then need to decrypt and edit the old savefile to update its ticket to match the new one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.