ROM Hack Pokemon X and Y Battle Analyzer

mattrunks

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Why is a person like you in the hacking & homebrew section in the first place. Hacks of all types will show up, that includes games like pokemon.

i dun evn noe y i am mad, iz only game y i heff to be mad? because instacheck got patched up due the release of this useless phaggy battle analyzer released by op

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will look into the local wireless trading bit (If someone wants to help me set up a advanced setup. That will help a lot) and the wifi trades. Even though the online is encrypted, but there has to be a small mistake Nintendo made.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u are 1 fuking cheeky kunt mate i swear i am goin 2 wreck u i swear on my mums life and i no u are scared lil bitch gettin your mates to send me messages saying dont meet up coz u r sum big bastard with muscles lol fukin sad mate really sad jus shows what a scared lil gay boy u are and whats all this crap ur mates sendin me about sum bodybuildin website that 1 of your faverite places to look at men u lil fukin gay boy fone me if u got da balls cheeky prick see if u can step up lil queer

And your Country used to be a prison colony. Pretty sure you are a descendant of a convict.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
There were specific Reddit communities for finding the right trainer for the eggs you possessed, and finding eggs that would be shiny for you.
People would post their Trainer Shiny Value and the Shiny Values of their eggs, and people could then search.
what kind of value is the TSV and ESV? how many digits etc, does it have more variation than ID? since still, trying to find someone with the ID of 38453 for example, doesn't seem as easy task. when the save encryption gets hacked and we have an editor, it is interesting to think that we could have an editor to change your TSV to the ESV of the egg you want to hatch so it would be shiny, in theory.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
what kind of value is the TSV and ESV? how many digits etc, does it have more variation than ID? since still, trying to find someone with the ID of 38453 for example, doesn't seem as easy task. when the save encryption gets hacked and we have an editor, it is interesting to think that we could have an editor to change your TSV to the ESV of the egg you want to hatch so it would be shiny, in theory.

IDs range from 0000-9999
And why not just make it shiny already instead of changing SV?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
IDs range from 0000-9999
And why not just make it shiny already instead of changing SV?
so only 10,000 values that a TSV and ESV can be, 4 digits? ID and SID are 5 digits right.
editing a pokemon would make it hacked technically, but making it certain that it will hatch shiny is more legit.

-edit, i just read that there the TSV can be from 0 to 4096.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so only 10,000 values that a TSV and ESV can be, 4 digits? ID and SID are 5 digits right.
editing a pokemon would make it hacked technically, but making it certain that it will hatch shiny is more legit.

-edit, i just read that there the TSV can be from 0 to 4096.
Technically, it ranges from 0 to 4095. And the ID and SID range from 0 to 65535.
This means that it is 16 times more likely that a random egg online will be shiny than a random trainer will have the same ID as you. ...Also, there are way more eggs than trainers online.

Reactions: cearp

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, personally I'm glad both things were patched. x'D
I dislike any sort of cheating, be it for shinies or for battling. They're both equally bad in my book.

Anyway, I'm more concerned with all the secret stuff held in Pokemon X, like the supposed secret regions and the like.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, personally I'm glad both things were patched. x'D
I dislike any sort of cheating, be it for shinies or for battling. They're both equally bad in my book.

Anyway, I'm more concerned with all the secret stuff held in Pokemon X, like the supposed secret regions and the like.
True that to the former. Though, I enjoyed being able to easily check IVs.
And the latter is just a rumor based on a few things some NPCs have said.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
True that to the former. Though, I enjoyed being able to easily check IVs.
And the latter is just a rumor based on a few things some NPCs have said.
Yeah, I know it's a rumour, although it still seems pretty interesting. Might be a hint towards an X2/Y2 or maybe it's actual stuff inside the game. Doesn't stop from being interesting though. x'D

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Other people think it might hint to a Hoenn remake.
Well, given the past remakes, Nintendo will eventually remake Ruby/Emerald (probably in the same way they did HG/SS). The hints in the game indicate me towards something new though, I mean, they mention creatures and stuff that still don't exist in the Pokemon games so far (like those things the guy mentioned in the abandoned house).

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Im just having a thought here.. Im against injecting pokemon in general but this is something that im actually would enjoy.
Could a hacked pokemon file contain data that would make it possible to exploit the 3ds? (Like a savegame exploit)
Im sure that there are checks that probably would reject *broken* data. But could it be possible if there was a way around that?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im just having a thought here.. Im against injecting pokemon in general but this is something that im actually would enjoy.
Could a hacked pokemon file contain data that would make it possible to exploit the 3ds? (Like a savegame exploit)
Im sure that there are checks that probably would reject *broken* data. But could it be possible if there was a way around that?
I doubt it. It's almost like asking if a .txt file could hack a computer.

Reactions: cearp

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I doubt it. It's almost like asking if a .txt file could hack a computer.

A .txt ofcourse can "hack" a computer. It all depends on the software side. If the textreader software has a vuln, which can be exploited with a .txt, you can gain code execution (even when it is only usermode). Pokémon has data checks everywhere (bad eggs, you know?), so i doubt it works.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A .txt ofcourse can "hack" a computer. It all depends on the software side. If the textreader software has a vuln, which can be exploited with a .txt, you can gain code execution (even when it is only usermode). Pokémon has data checks everywhere (bad eggs, you know?), so i doubt it works.
I'm aware of that. But no text interpreter has such a vulnerability, nor do the Pokémon games.

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, but theoretically it is posdible ;)

Anyway, a Pokémon savedata vuln would only allow a ROP-chain. Nothing more. But it fails already on the encryption. Even all peoples with code execution can't decrypt the savegames of 6.0+ games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill