ROM Hack Pokemon X and Y Battle Analyzer

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
analyzer and instacheck both dont work anymore, until they figure out the encryption used. good.

obviously this was a step to stop those programs, not the people who sell shinies on ebay. (not like people cant still sell shinies or other pokemon there) if ebay way nintendos problem, they would have said that

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
analyzer and instacheck both dont work anymore, until they figure out the encryption used. good.

obviously this was a step to stop those programs, not the people who sell shinies on ebay. (not like people cant still sell shinies or other pokemon there) if ebay way nintendos problem, they would have said that

Well anyhow I never cared about analyzer.
Even if someone creates a shitty save checker with no inputting due to checksum, that's cool as well.
As long as there's a way to check my eggs.

Eggs. the beginning to the pokeverse

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States

Which is probably impossible at the time being. :(

I'm sad I'm late to the Pokemans party, I wanted to do some of this! I guess I can settle with just cheating with the save data once it's available for Gateway.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
what has this got to do with shiny pokemon? people found a way to get them super easy or something?

This patch blocked out all packet sniffing programs, which includes Instacheck and Pokemon xy dumper.

With instacheck, you could see your "Trainer Shiny Value" (TSV) and "Egg shiny value" (ESV).
All you needed to do then, is to find a trainer's TSV who matches your ESV, and when they hatch that egg for you, it's shiny.

That's how I got my Shiny Flawless Espurrs and others...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
This patch blocked out all packet sniffing programs, which includes Instacheck and Pokemon xy dumper.

With instacheck, you could see your "Trainer Shiny Value" (TSV) and "Egg shiny value" (ESV).
All you needed to do then, is to find a trainer's TSV who matches your ESV, and when they hatch that egg for you, it's shiny.

That's how I got my Shiny Flawless Espurrs and others...
i understood about the battle checking things etc, good that nintendo is patching it, i'm a bit surprised to be honest :)
but hmm thanks for explaining the shiny thing... how do you find a trainer who matches your ESV...? it sounds like a needle in a haystack...
so along with ID and SID, we have TSV? interesting... ha

isaac52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So releasing the program ruined the game for everyone, and now since it cant be done anymore since 1.2 update he has ruined it for everyone again ????

It indirectly killed instacheck, an actually good program. So yea, kinda.

And it was obviously the analyzer because nintendo didn't make a move until it was released and people started complaining about it. They probably weren't crazy about instacheck but let's be real here, they shut down the ladder very soon after analyzer, and obviously the influx of people demanding they encrypt the wifi wasn't en masse because of freaking instacheck.

Don't delude yourselves, please.

Reactions: NEP

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i understood about the battle checking things etc, good that nintendo is patching it, i'm a bit surprised to be honest :)
but hmm thanks for explaining the shiny thing... how do you find a trainer who matches your ESV...? it sounds like a needle in a haystack...

There were some online communities that has been coming together for trades, hatches and giveaways.
It wasn't too hard to find (while instacheck was still working). I was part of a subreddit /r/svexchange

That other good thing about instacheck is that you can your exact IVs, EVs, and whatever not.
Can also check if you're getting scammed over a trade etc etc.

fierce waffle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It indirectly killed instacheck, an actually good program. So yea, kinda.

None of you work at Nintendo. You don't know the motives and simply want to blame the encryption on this program because you didn't like it in the first place. Nintendo is simply trying to maintain their online ecosystem. Shinies are INTENDED to be rare an not easily attainable. Believe it or not, instacheck had a much larger impact than my program did. The version I released only showed 3 pokemon in the first place.

Reactions: Margen67

isaac52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of you work at Nintendo. You don't know the motives and simply want to blame the encryption on this program because you didn't like it in the first place. Nintendo is simply trying to maintain their online ecosystem. Shinies are INTENDED to be rare an not easily attainable. Believe it or not, instacheck had a much larger impact than my program did. The version I released only showed 3 pokemon in the first place.

You can claim that without evidence, we can't 100% know, and that's true. We can't, but if you think for one second that this program helped anything at all, you're daft. Honestly, we at least know people complained to nintendo about this way more than instacheck, and that's enough to credit you with at least the majority of fault.

Reactions: NEP

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

You're right, none of us work for Nintendo.

And we're unhappy that a bug of their fault, which they have patched up, has been closed.

Imagine we're playing RBY and Nintendo patched up the Mew glitch when there was no other way to get it?

If it wasn't for hackers (of any generation), we would not have such a clear understanding of IVs and EVs,
Heck, people might even think that EVs are a myth, and without constant pestering, we wouldn't have Super Training blablabla.

My point is, we shouldn't harp on what their intentions and designs are or aren't.

It's really simple: What was here, and now what isn't.

I'm sure many users here exploit bugs in games, one way or another.
No one likes their entry point removed.

fierce waffle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can claim that without evidence, we can't 100% know, and that's true. We can't, but if you think for one second that this program helped anything at all, you're daft. Honestly, we at least know people complained to nintendo about this way more than instacheck, and that's enough to credit you with at least the majority of fault.

I do think it did good. The security of the pokemon ecosystem(which has previously been riddles with hacks and mods, has become a little more secure. And if you think I'm "daft" because of that, than so be it. While I am a large advocate of hacking and having the freedom to what we want with our hardware, I do not believe in taking this online.

You're right, none of us work for Nintendo.

And we're unhappy that a bug of their fault, which they have patched up, has been closed.

Imagine we're playing RBY and Nintendo patched up the Mew glitch when there was no other way to get it?

If it wasn't for hackers (of any generation), we would not have such a clear understanding of IVs and EVs,
Heck, people might even think that EVs are a myth, and without constant pestering, we wouldn't have Super Training blablabla.

My point is, we shouldn't harp on what their intentions and designs are or aren't.

It's really simple: What was here, and now what isn't.

I'm sure many users here exploit bugs in games, one way or another.
No one likes their entry point removed.

I am perfectly fine with the exploitation of the games. I see nothing wrong with that. What I do think is wrong is people selling shiny pokemon which they obtained w/ little effort to those who know less about the system. In RBY, Nintendo couldn't have patched the Mew glitch due to the lack of online patches, now they can. The mew glitch did not damage the online ecosystem of pokemon necessarily.

Reactions: Queno138

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
^What was all those posts really about?

People here seem to want to pin the blame on Battle Analyzer that patch 1.2 is rolled out,
when the truth is, it could be all the factors.

The fact that Nintendo encrypted GTS, and didn't encrypt Local trades, means two things.

1. Oversight to not encrypt normal trades.
2. Encrypting GTS was possibly a countermeasure to prevent GTS exploits like fakegts and Pokecheck.

Going by that logic, as long as ANY signs that shows normal trades is compromised,
it's only natural that they'll react with a patch.

Nintendo blocking rated battling, should have been a clear sign that a patch is coming.

And precisely because of that, people believe that Battle Analyzer is the reason.

But seriously guys, did you believe Nintendo will block trades until they fixed the patch? LOL

I am perfectly fine with the exploitation of the games. I see nothing wrong with that. What I do think is wrong is people selling shiny pokemon which they obtained w/ little effort to those who know less about the system. In RBY, Nintendo couldn't have patched the Mew glitch due to the lack of online patches, now they can. The mew glitch did not damage the online ecosystem of pokemon necessarily.

I agree, selling Shinies on EBay is bad. Real bad.
I know they couldn't patch the Mew Glitch. I was just using an age old, old time favorite, to be an analogy.
That glitch was one of the reasons I went back to RBY, just like how Instachecking for eggs was the reason I picked back up my X&Y.

Reactions: fierce waffle

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There were specific Reddit communities for finding the right trainer for the eggs you possessed, and finding eggs that would be shiny for you.
People would post their Trainer Shiny Value and the Shiny Values of their eggs, and people could then search.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1