Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Sweaty_Moobs said:
You single-handily restored my faith in this site. Thank you.
Thanks. XD

I simply don't tolerate bullshit, this is a discussion/news/gaming forum, not an outlet for teen angst, or target practice for trolls. All you have to do is report one or two posts to a mod and the posters think twice about spouting off in the future, and anybody else around that sees it is suddenly reminded that their posts could only be 2 clicks away from personal scrutiny by a mod. Tends to calm people down (and get a bunch of posts edited) real quick.

Those were wholly-unwarranted personal attacks, I won't stand for that, and I know the mod team won't either.
They just can't be around all the time and can't catch everything, thus the report button on every port.

Warriorccc0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
I read this thread and had to wonder why, at a certain point, the hate started to flow.

Because thinking a Pokemon can act as a virus and infect some other person's game is a pretty bizarre assumption, but I guess it's not that odd if the person in question is naive on such a topic.

But there is no way someone can hax0r your own game cartridge by simply battling them, or trading Pokemon.

If someone trades you a level 100 Charizard they cheated to get, all of your Pokemon will not instantly turn level 100 or something, you will simply just get the level 100 Charizard you wanted to trade for.

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it is possible to get a virus on your pokemons

it is called pokerus and yes it will make your EVs raise faster than normal

be careful and use protection

DarkFocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Having level 100's isn't an unfair advantage. Firstly if you were a different level you should have choose flat battle to make all Pokemon level 50 ,secondly as long as he didn't raise the ev's above 510 total the Pokemon would still be battle legit even if it was hacked, and finally your spellings atrocious (it's hurt not heart) and your name calling skills are severally lacking so I'm guessing your probably fairly young(I don't mean any of that in a hurtful way it's just an observation ,unless you actually are above the age of 12 then your an idiot
tongue.gif
)

DarkFocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
Warriorccc0 said:
I guess it's not that odd if the person in question is naive on such a topic.
Yes, more people need to realize this, everybody was a newbie at some point.

which is why when your uninformed you research stuff so others don't have to be exposed to your ignorance(not that I wasn't an ignorant bastard at one point so I can't put to much blame on him/her) simply Googling his/her topic would have returned an answer.

D

Deleted_171835

DarkFocus said:
Rydian said:
Warriorccc0 said:
I guess it's not that odd if the person in question is naive on such a topic.
Yes, more people need to realize this, everybody was a newbie at some point.

which is why when your uninformed you research stuff so others don't have to be exposed to your ignorance(not that I wasn't an ignorant bastard at one point so I can't put to much blame on him/her) simply Googling his/her topic would have returned an answer.
No, it wouldn't. I dare you to bring me a link found by Google that would have answered his questions.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Learn to recognize that not everybody is you, not everybody has the same knowledge as you. The root word of "ignorance" is not "ignore". Ignorance means "unknowing". For example, you are ignorant of what color boxers I'm wearing, and that's perfectly okay.
Indeed it is. On a more related note, this is the ROM hacking forum, and I believe I'm entitled to expect a level of technical competence beyond what the OP provided with this frankly ridiculous question.

To further clarify, I also don't mind being called out. I do mind being labeled and thrown in with another group of people, at least one of whom was a genuine troll, simply because said posters saw this topic and had a vaguely similar reaction.

I'll try not to derail this topic any further.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
SoulSnatcher said:
DarkFocus said:
Rydian said:
Warriorccc0 said:
I guess it's not that odd if the person in question is naive on such a topic.Yes, more people need to realize this, everybody was a newbie at some point.

No, it wouldn't. I dare you to bring me a link found by Google that would have answered his questions.

Cheating was possible by altering values stored in RAM.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datel_Action_...od_of_operation

the same reason why cheats such as experience modifiers don't work after a power-off of the ds is why they wouldn't work just by one game interacting with another one...

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
Hey sweaty ignore the idiots who said crap and good work on rydian.

Let me summarise
lecture.gif

friend hack play with you, you ok.
friend trade hack with you, you ok when u release hack.
as long as u dun hack urself, u ok.

Welcome to gbatemp I'm willing to answer any questions ds related.

i feel your pain of the other trolls.

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
Eckin said:

... uh... that doesn't really make sense unless you are saying that one of the hacked ones is currently infected with pokerus (don't worry sweaty it's not dangerous) then it will spread to his party. its a good thing but its kinda unfair.

pokerus explained
http://www.serebii.net/games/pokerus.shtml

Sweaty_Moobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarkFocus said:
Having level 100's isn't an unfair advantage. Firstly if you were a different level you should have choose flat battle to make all Pokemon level 50 ,secondly as long as he didn't raise the ev's above 510 total the Pokemon would still be battle legit even if it was hacked, and finally your spellings atrocious (it's hurt not heart) and your name calling skills are severally lacking so I'm guessing your probably fairly young(I don't mean any of that in a hurtful way it's just an observation ,unless you actually are above the age of 12 then your an idiot
tongue.gif
)
Firstly, I thought we were making internet posts, not essays to submit into college. Secondly, if you're going to hold people to such high standards, you should really maintain them. You're missing plenty of commas and making errors that should only be made by 12 year-old girls on Facebook. So, seriously, if you want to challenge me on any sort of spelling/grammatical front, I'll gladly whoop your butt -- I know a hell of a lot more on that front than I do on Pokemon and hacks.

DarkFocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hurray half decent insults good work and by the way nice job editing your last post to fix your own grammatical and spelling errors. Yes I know my comma's weren't in the right place but your calling me out on that is hilarious seeing as yours aren't in the right place either LMAO
tongue.gif
Kid

DarkFocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should probably disregard all my earlier comments as I was just in a bad mood(I was doing squats in my weight training class and fell on my ass with 285lbs on my back so I'm in a lot of pain right now) and needed some one to take it out on. Sorry that someone was you
sad.gif
. I'm not usually aggressive, in fact I usually try to avoid saying anything mean or putting any one down but I'm really not my self right now.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Sweaty_Moobs said:
Thanks for all the replies and making me hate GBAtemp!
By the way, thanks for helping me realize I'm gay. I've been living a lie all of these years, apparently.

Not defending the flaming assholes here in any way, but if a few flame posts gets you all riled up to hate a site, I do not have very much faith that you will be staying here.

Keep your cool, dont let the jackasses get to you. It's the internet, there are trolls, and you need to do your best to not feed them.

XxKILLx3RxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jemlee said:
Eckin said:

... uh... that doesn't really make sense unless you are saying that one of the hacked ones is currently infected with pokerus (don't worry sweaty it's not dangerous) then it will spread to his party. its a good thing but its kinda unfair.

pokerus explained
http://www.serebii.net/games/pokerus.shtml
Here's a bit more info. It explains it a little bit more in-depth. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9rus

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Poryhack said:
On a more related note, this is the ROM hacking forum, and I believe I'm entitled to expect a level of technical competence beyond what the OP provided with this frankly ridiculous question.Only in your own mind, if you have your head so far up your ass you can no longer differentiate between your personal ideal interactions and the real world.

Again, everybody has to start somewhere, you are not the only person on the planet, nobody is born knowing all the things you do, blah blah blah.

Poryhack said:
To further clarify, I also don't mind being called out. I do mind being labeled and thrown in with another group of people, at least one of whom was a genuine troll, simply because said posters saw this topic and had a vaguely similar reaction."Being Poryhack" does not mean it's impossible for you to flame/troll.
If you'd like to argue against it, a mod would be the ideal judge, and I'm not so sure they'd agree with your standpoint.
Again, what you posted was a wholly-unwarranted personal attack, no matter how highly you think of yourself that's not going to change what you did.

mercluke said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Cheating was possible by altering values stored in RAM.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datel_Action_...od_of_operation
the same reason why cheats such as experience modifiers don't work after a power-off of the ds is why they wouldn't work just by one game interacting with another one...
First, what google search term/phrase brought up that result? Is it something we can reasonably assume the OP would have searched for, with his limited knowledge of the terminology at work here?

Secondly, that assumes he knows what RAM is and how it works, whereas the explanations in this thread explained it in layman's terms.

Comrade Cough

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian for president, he will stand up to those mean corporations for us! (And save us from our selves apparently!)

I think it's perfectly reasonable for some one to ask this question, like people have said, it was just naivety, and he was trying to learn. The answer can be figured out in a number of ways, like intimate knowledge of knowing what can, and cannot be transferred over a WiFi Nintendo Game, the hardware that is used (I doubt the RAM could affect the ROM any, and would easily be fixed by either reseting the system, or deleting the SRAM.), or knowing how virii work (And what kind of virus can be created with hex editing/ARP codes, and propagate through a WiFi connection, which AFAIK is not possible.)

So there are many confusing answers to get to/understand, but simple once you know them. That's just the way knowledge works, everything seems simple in hindsight. No reason to be a dick to people on the path of the learned.

Now that I think about it, in a way you could construe something as being viral, say:
You traded for a legit pokemon, but that pokemon held a hacked item, and then you gave that item to a different pokemon, and traded it (Thought I think there is no way to detect hacked items.) I also don't know the specific info that gets passed on to bred pokemon, what if one parent was hacked? What if both parent's were hacked? (Assuming you traded for these hypothetical pokemon, and wanted to 'breed the hack out of them'); Does the original information that marks the parents as hacked descend to the egg/pokemon? (For instance a move that was not able to be taught to the male parent, and unlearnable by the baby? Then you end up trading that pokemon you just bred, and it then breeds more hacked pokemon?

I really doubt all of that, as I am fairly sure, breeding a new pokemon basically creates a new egg with your Trainer/Name ID#, and then gives it a randomly selected IV/EV set from a list of pre-set + any bonuses imbued from parents (Again, the only notable way of being hacked is an inherited move from the father that neither is able to learn).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock