Pokemon Usa with Pokemon Eu

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Danieluz, Feb 27, 2007.

Feb 27, 2007

Pokemon Usa with Pokemon Eu by Danieluz at 1:31 AM (1,121 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Danieluz
    OP

Member Danieluz GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    Hei everybody, quick question, im possible going to buy Pokemon Fire Red from the Usa, and when pokemon diamond is released in europe, im gonna buy it here, in europe, will I be able to trade pokemons between the two versions, knowing that one of them is from the us and the other from europe?
    Im just asking, cause yeah, the games are region free, but you can't play a ds game from us against a eu release of the same game.

Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. Knab

Member Knab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    from what I heard on a different forum you couldn't trade between different regions. whether its true or not I'm not sure, its just what I heard.

3. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    It's a mess actually... Some games allow it, others don't. There's no logical pattern or online compatibility chart either.

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Firered/Leafgreen/Emerald in any combination of languages would link up fine. However, to connect with a Gamecube Pokemon game, the GBA cart and Gamecube disc region MUST be an exact match. The regions of the consoles themselves in this case are not checked.

4. larvi

Member larvi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    From what I understand the Japanese Diamond/Pearl will only transfer pokemon from a Japanese GBA cart, so my guess it that it won't work. However you could trade from your USA FR to any other EU GBA cart then transfer them to EU D/P

5. Fallen89

Newcomer Fallen89 Newbie

United States
    wow i didnt think it mattered what language games. [​IMG]