One Question About Pokémons Trading

alph456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, i'm a begginer at ds-modding so, i have downloaded an emulator called gameyob, which runs games from gameboy/gameboy color, and, i downloaded a pokemon red rom and im loving to play it. But, i have a question

If someone, for example, has a Nintendo DS with the same emulator and the same specific rom, can that person trade Pokémon with me?

Reactions: DragonMals

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
I don't really think that something like that would work unless the emulator itself has multiplayer functionality built into it. I don't know that emulator yourself so you should either wait until someone with better knowledge than me, or try looking it up yourself.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
1696129243827.png

https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/GameYob_DS

I'm not sure how up-to-date this info is, but therein lies your answer. Best bet is to try it and find out.

Reactions: DragonMals

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Idea for a workaround:

just use pkhex to transfer between your sav files

i know its not a great solution but it will work

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, i'm a begginer at ds-modding so, i have downloaded an emulator called gameyob, which runs games from gameboy/gameboy color, and, i downloaded a pokemon red rom and im loving to play it. But, i have a question

If someone, for example, has a Nintendo DS with the same emulator and the same specific rom, can that person trade Pokémon with me?
No.
Up to this date "Wireless Link Sucks" according to own GameYob author.

You either wait until it gets improved, or patch a rom to collect all 151 Pokemons. Makes version exclusives appear in different areas and Trade Evolution Pokemon evolves through Friendship mechanics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto