1. Shady_Papple

Shady_Papple Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Someone can tell me if it's possible to trade hide pokemon (not in pokedex) like solgaleo ?

2. Waltee

Waltee Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    You can legitimately trade Mew via online as it's the only one legitimately available to get in the game at the moment. The others you can transfer via local trade from hacked game to legit game, but they won't be able to be used online once they arrive in the legit game.

Shady_Papple likes this.
  3. ReclaimerShawn

ReclaimerShawn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The only time I seem to be able to connect is whenever I either go into internet settings, which disconnects the game, or whenever I turn the Switch into sleep mode and turn it back on. This would work if it wasn't for the fact that after a while the game reconnects. Also, anytime an L is right next to the WiFi symbol (for LAN), Noexs will not connect. Any idea how to fix the issue so Noexs connects no matter what?

4. Shady_Papple

Shady_Papple Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    So, someone can provide me a mew and a ditto 6 iv no legit(cant jailbreak my switch). I don't have so much to trade, but maybe we can find an agreement. Thx for the answers.

5. FabioCapela

FabioCapela GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    If you don't have an SD card anything that would usually go into the SD card, such as screenshoots and extra game data, goes into the system memory instead. It still shouldn't be in the game save, though, and thus you shouldn't be able to export wild area updates using the current versions of Edizon or Checkpoint.
    You literally quoted the answer you are asking for: switch your game to Lan mode (Press L+R+L-stick in the options menu). If it works, the game will notify you that it's switching to Lan mode until you restart it.
    BTW, the L next to the WiFi symbol is for Local, which is a kind of ad-hoc connection that takes over your Switch's wireless network adapter and disconnects it from any regular wireless networks. When in Lan mode there is no L close to the WiFi symbol.

6. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

United States
    Close. Games can have both a profile save and common save. The Wild Area data is stored in the Common Save for Pokémon (meaning only one profile needs to update the Wild Area and all profiles will get the update). Currently Checkpoint and Edizon only export common saves if there is no profile save (which is for certain games). They don’t currently support exporting the common save if a profile save also exists.

@WerWolv Made a special build of his Edizon re-write for SciresM to use in order to export this common save data so he could data mine it. This is why SciresM keeps posting updates about it on his Twitter.

While it would be nice for Edizon or Checkpoint to add this in you’ll likely need to wait for the Edizon re-write to be completed before we get this functionality.

7. Newwaverap

Newwaverap Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Sounds like progress is being made, nothing to do but be patient now.

8. ReclaimerShawn

United States
    Thanks for the comment. That got things working for me. Now I'll attempt making cheats. Also, I've seen a lot of codes that utilize ARM here. Is that the only method of writing to some values in this game or is it just convenient?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  9. SaucePlatinum

SaucePlatinum Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    does anyone have the capture limit off code for sword I cant find it I have it for shield

10. AnalogMan

United States
    A bit of both. Some are just easier: such as the Shiny Cheat. You COULD try and locate the temporary value that gets rolled when the shiny function runs and try to freeze it on whatever value it needs to be shiny (which, since it's based on the Pokémon's PID and your trainer SID and TID it'd be a different value for everyone) OR you could just change one line of the function to branch straight to the "it's a shiny" section of the function every time.

Others like disabling the EXP share involves changing a static value hard coded into the function, it's not going to be anywhere in memory for you to alter. So you need to change the ARM instruction to change the functions behavior.

Another example is Infinite HP. A lot of cheats would take the route of finding the current HP value and constantly writing something like '999' to it. But a more efficient and elegant way would be to find the instruction that deducts the damage and change it to deduct '0' instead of whatever the damage value was.

Plus, we have tools right now to examine the main executable of the game (where these ARM instructions are stored) but lack the tools for finding the hard to locate memory addresses, so until those tools come out ARM instructions are easier and faster to find for most things.

11. AoiKunieda

AoiKunieda GBAtemp Regular

can works with a switch without mod ?

12. Newwaverap

Newwaverap Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can you explain the difference between hard resetting your game 2000 time to get a shiny and breeding 2000 eggs is? I'm sure there's a difference, i'm not implying that what you're asking for is dumb, I just can't figure out the difference. There is no "instant shiny egg" code so you would still be hunting for the shiny starter just the same as hard resetting.

13. Cr4nkSt4r

Cr4nkSt4r Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    You can't use the cheat codes or pkhex without modding your switch.

The always shiny code should work on eggs too. But I don't get his whole point. If he wants to reset multiple times, why he would even need a code? It would be instant shiny and there wouldn't be the need of hard reset anything. The whole argument that he needs a code for resetting, is nonesence, except he's streaming or making YouTube Videos and don't want to waste so much time on hard resetting on a Pokemon and can say "it doesn't take so long for him, ez".
    And because he doesn't understand the process and time behind any code he's now blaming others for not giving free codes for cheating. He has the chance to fast hatch an shiny starter instead of using a code to get it at the beginning, instantly.

Ah, okay. Got it. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  14. AnalogMan

United States
    A code can't do this. Shiny lock is built into the encounter data for the game. If you want to remove the shiny lock on starters and legendaries you'd need to use game mods, not a cheat code. So if that's your goal you can stop asking for a code here.

He just wants to remove the shiny lock to make shiny hunting possible for the starters and legendaries.

He just wants to remove the shiny lock to make shiny hunting possible for the starters and legendaries.

15. YagSiNogoms

YagSiNogoms Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Lol

crazy_p likes this.
  16. Shady_Papple

Shady_Papple Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Whut ?

17. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Is there a way to add Mew or Mewtwo in your gang early in the game?

Using SXOS if that also helps.

18. RAdamantiS

RAdamantiS Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hey guys,i don’t have my modded Switch anymore,just a Switch Lite but I want more Masteballs! Can someone trade me some pokemons with masterballs as item? It is possible? Thanks for reply

19. norimaki

norimaki Newbie
    Newcomer

Japan
    Can you raise Pokemon the all statuses by 6 stage?

20. ReclaimerShawn

United States
    You could also find the common save via HacDiscMount. A profile save itself takes up 8,512 KB on the NAND and the common save takes 68,256 KB on the NAND. The name of the common save in the NAND, at least on my console, was the name of the profile save of the first profile that played Pokemon Shield plus one. My profile save was named "0000000000000036" and the name of my common save was "0000000000000037".

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Pokemon, Shield, Cheats