ROM Hack Pokemon Sun and Moon GARC files

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got everything unpacked, and saltysd setup. Now I want to swap the player model to the beauty trainer model. Does anyone know where the player models are?
a/1/7/3 - HD boys hair
a/1/7/4 - HD boys glasses
a/1/7/5 - HD boys backpacks
a/1/7/6 - HD boys z-braclet
a/1/7/7 - HD boys bottoms
a/1/7/8 - HD boys hats
a/1/7/9 - HD boys socks
a/1/8/0 - HD boys shoes
a/1/8/1 - Boy riding outfit
a/1/8/2 - HD boys shirts

a/1/8/5 - HD girls hair ('HD' used in changingroom, passport, etc)
a/1/8/6 - HD girls glasses
a/1/8/7 - HD girls accessories
a/1/8/8 - HD girls sachels
a/1/8/9 - HD girls z-braclet
a/1/9/0 - HD girls bottoms
a/1/9/1 - HD girls hats
a/1/9/2 - HD girls socks
a/1/9/3 - HD girls shoes
a/1/9/4 - Girl riding outfit
a/1/9/5 - HD girls shirts

a/1/9/8 - Boys face
a/1/9/9 - OW boys hair
a/2/0/0 - OW boys glasses
a/2/0/1 - OW boys backpacks
a/2/0/2 - OW boys z-braclet
a/2/0/3 - OW boys bottoms
a/2/0/4 - OW boys hats
a/2/0/5 - OW boys socks
a/2/0/6 - OW boys shoes
a/2/0/7 - Boy riding outfit
a/2/0/8 - OW boys shirts

engeldraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have try to edit my main character model to be like Red, Lillie or Lillie mother, but as it seems the models for the main character is all over the files and not in a specific file. I try to read many guides and most of them are only for pokemon since I understand that make a tutorial for changing the main character will be kind of annoying, but if some has being successful to change their main character to another NPC or pokemon. Can some tell me how they did it or give me the files direction like for example Pokemon Oras
OW models = a/0/2/1
In-Battle models = a/1/3/3
Map models = a/0/3/9
Map Textures = a/0/1/4

and then the number of the file like:
171/314: May
172/315: Brendan
173: Contest May
174: Contest Brendan
316: Bicycle May
317: Bicycle Brendan
Hervest God is the one who find out this files and make a tutorial about it.

So that's why I want to know if there are files specific like that and if they are in different files just the number they belong like: OW models = a/0/2/1, 171/314: May. Sorry if this is asking too much.

Juangana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I have try to edit my main character model to be like Red, Lillie or Lillie mother, but as it seems the models for the main character is all over the files and not in a specific file. I try to read many guides and most of them are only for pokemon since I understand that make a tutorial for changing the main character will be kind of annoying, but if some has being successful to change their main character to another NPC or pokemon. Can some tell me how they did it or give me the files direction like for example Pokemon Oras

The NPC models are in 1/7/0 (The Beauty is the 058).

Sn10jg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone find a way to extract the map files with vertex colours? I can only get them without in the obj format.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AFAIK, no one has done it yet in SuMO. The NPC models are together in one file, the Player models are spread between different files and are spliced. I believe to replace the player model with an NPC you would need to splice the model, and the face then replace them with the Player ones.

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to replace the player model but keep all of the animations? I've been looking into replacing the character model or even any OW model but I can't figure out how.

Juangana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there any way to replace the player model but keep all of the animations? I've been looking into replacing the character model or even any OW model but I can't figure out how.
The Player Model is in parts. I think you should "cut" the NPC and do it little by little. (I think you can replace the model of a NPC x NPC, but the player...)

When I try to Import my textures to Ohana, this message appears (Sorry for Spanish). What can I do?

SkaillZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is there any progress on swapping out skeletal animations of battle models? There are many YouTube videos around where someone did this but I couldn't find any thread here.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, some time passed and stuff ...

also, someone have a idea to edit the game's font?I wanted to give a try there ....

This is a list of the GARC and romfs locations / structure from the demo. Should be pretty similar to the final game. Credits to the people at ProjectPokemon.
Thanks!

Last edited by Sliter,

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any progress on swapping out skeletal animations of battle models? There are many YouTube videos around where someone did this but I couldn't find any thread here.
Not entirely sure if CrystalLink wants it to be public (He's the one who found out how to do it). You could ask him to PM you on twitter, skype, etc. and he'll probably tell you how to do it.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well unless he created a new program to use on his own, you can't really patent a method. So not sharing with people is the equivalent of ego stroking. There is absolutely no excuse for people to release showcase videos and then say, "Sorry but I won't tell you how to do it, just enjoy watching me!". We call those assholes.

Kingsbury8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me? I'm unable to open/do anything to the files inside the folders. i.e. I can get to a/1/7/0 but I can't do anything with the zero so I can make edits. Any ideas?

Silveo12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm unable to repack my a/0/9/4 folder. I've tried The latest PK3DS and Garc Tool as well as the compiled 64bit exe and it still crashes.

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys, can someone tell me where the overworld models are for the helper Pokemon (Tauros ride, Charizard glide, etc.), the three starter Pokemon overworld models, Lunala Overworld and Cosmog Overworld? Thanks heaps :)

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you know if it's possible to edit textures of random overworlds NPC, and even switch some models of them with another random NPC 3D overworld model?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys i'm having trouble with replacing overworld models. When I goto replace one model with another in a/1/9/6 the model doesn't change to the one that I replaced it with, is there more than one model of a specific person in the GARC, or am I just looking in the wrong GARC?
I have the same kind of problems, I tried to edit the texture of kukui, but nothing is showing up.
I even tried to switch his model with lusamine one, but same, nothing happen :wtf:
I tried with OnionFS and LayeredFS redirections, but as I said, nothing happen.
If I try with a RomFS redirection using Luma3DS, I have a black screen + freeze when I press continue at the start screen, after load my save.

Primalus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may have already been answered, but has anyone found the map files? I'm specifically looking for Ultra Space.
To clarify: I don't mean like the minimap that appears on the Rotomdex (I've already found most of those). I mean the 3d models.

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you know if it's possible to edit textures of random overworlds NPC, and even switch some models of them with another random NPC 3D overworld model?
Yes it's possible. Just copy paste the files you want to replace with the same name as the target replacement. However sometimes the files can have other files that go with them and therefore it may not work unless you replace all the files.

Last edited by Jackson Ferrell,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright