ROM Hack Stella Glow and arc.cmp files

YoshiCloaca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there all,

Used to be around back when the 3DS was more relevant but unfortunately lost access to my old account.

So in the past ive been successful in making mods to Mario Kart and some Pokemon games (this was a while ago mind you). Recently been going through the catalogue of games and decided to try my hand at doing a mod of Stella Glow ... which i'm starting to regret.

So ive been through the process of dumping the cia file, unpacking it to reach the files. But now i'm faced with a series of arc.cmp files which evidently store sprites etc. And I cant find tooling anywhere to assist in actually handling these.
Ohana will happily export the blyt and timg folders (containing the actual image files), but wont view the sprites itself.
EveryFileExplorer is then able to view the sprites and export them to png format for editing, but cant reimport the edited png.

So I am able to pull assets from the game and edit them as a png but have no way of returning the edited content back into the filesystem of the game.

Been digging into this a while now and feeling pretty burnt out. Keep finding hopeful articles only to discover the person that solves this issue has since left and deleted their content. Also found some tooling called waterqualia2 which looks promising but is for linux and isnt precompiled. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

YoshiCloaca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a light bump to this.
So, between Ohana and Kuriimu2 I am able to access and edit the arc.cmp files from Stella Glow.

Does anyone have any clues as to recompressing these? None of the compression/decompression options in Kuriimu seem to do the trick with these and I had to use Ohana to decompress and export the files from the .arc.cmp

Ohana manages to take the .arc.cmp and export a /blyt folder containing .bflyt files and a /timg folder containing .bflim files which can be edited. Neither of these tools seem able to return these folders and files back to their arc.cmp container?

Last edited by YoshiCloaca,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto