Need help opening and combining .msk files with .png files

HPen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I recently extracted the game files of a PC visual novel called Ayakashi Gohan by honeybee and came across the character sprites. The png files are great but they all have pixels all over the sprites, which the msk/mask files seem to hide. And I think the msk files also give the sprites their transparent background as shown when the game is played. I tried using Photoshop, Paintshop pro, Gimp, and Sagethumb to try and open the msk files but none seem to work. I looked for other ways but I'm having a hard time trying to understand codes and scripts. So I would like to ask for help here in opening and combining these two formats.
All png files came with their own .msk files, and I included one example in the attachments.

Hoping for someone to help, thank you!

Edit: I looked around some more and I realized something may have gone wrong while I extracted the files. FYI I used Garbro to view and extract the files. Arc unpacker automatically combines the two but the msk gets ontop of the png. I will include the .arc file so you guys can try and see if I really did use the wrong tool.

Attachments

• png and msk.zip
    535.5 KB · Views: 20
  • combined msk and png.png
    combined msk and png.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by HPen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...