Status
Not open for further replies.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally want it to happen (Not like Pokemon Stadium 1/2 style, but Pokemon Colleseum/XD Gale of Darkness style, with 3D and all), that would be pretty cool. Especially if they make some way of being able to transfer copies of your pokemon to it.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if there making any new Pokemon games that have 3D battling for the Wii? Or if there making another Super Smash Bros for the Wii?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
Anyone know if there making any new Pokemon games that have 3D battling for the Wii? Or if there making another Super Smash Bros for the Wii?
lol how old are you, kid?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might as well ask a Magic 8 Ball, since it'll get you just as good an answer as we'd be able to give you.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
So will there be a Pokemon Stadium 3 for Wii? And will they make a new Super Smash Bros game for Wii?

No, there'll never be another game with the title "Pokemon Tournament", but there's Pokemon Battle Revolution.

And, no, there won't be aonther Smash Bros game for wii, because:

A. What are they meant to improve? There's nothing to do to that game for this console. They'll upgrade it next gen with better graphics etc.
B. It took them YEARS to make Brawl, by the time they'd have finished the next smash bros there'd be a new gen console anyway, and there's no plans for it, and the maker of SSB/SSBM/SSBB quit the franchise after Brawl so someone else would have to initiate it.

Also, I'd wager the kid is either 13 or 14, due to his username. Probably 13.

ichigo_kurosaki

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well it wouldnt be as fun a platinum the thril of catching pokemon and raising them would be skipped i say platinum is way better than any pokemon stadium

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah pokemon stadium was kind of cool and fun to play...But the only thing I want to see in Wii is a NORMAL POKEMON GAME like those on GB/GBC/GBA/DS

Is that too much to ask???

Virgil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alexrose said:
jakob95 said:
So will there be a Pokemon Stadium 3 for Wii? And will they make a new Super Smash Bros game for Wii?

No, there'll never be another game with the title "Pokemon Tournament", but there's Pokemon Battle Revolution.

And, no, there won't be aonther Smash Bros game for wii, because:

A. What are they meant to improve? There's nothing to do to that game for this console. They'll upgrade it next gen with better graphics etc.
B. It took them YEARS to make Brawl, by the time they'd have finished the next smash bros there'd be a new gen console anyway, and there's no plans for it, and the maker of SSB/SSBM/SSBB quit the franchise after Brawl so someone else would have to initiate it.

Also, I'd wager the kid is either 13 or 14, due to his username. Probably 13.

And your acting younger, and with an inferiority complex at that.

Firstly, Battle Revolution was an innate let-down for Pokemon fans; It took out the ability to have a miniature storyline, as in Stadium 1/2, the battle animations were cut down GREATLY and sped up to be shorter (Remember Vileplume's faint animation? Was freaking funny, and I miss that.), and is graphically worse in most aspects (Stadium was N64, but the graphics still were amazing. Revolution felt very weak.). The only good aspect is the Wi-Fi battle and character customization.

Now look, in all theory a Stadium port is possible on a DS, but it would be intensely difficult (It would require both processors to work at the same time, instead of working simultaneously for both screens, and then even more RAM just to work more.), and still may never even reach a good 4th of the actual speed of the game, but it is not entirely impossible; a DS does have the ability to play N64 graphics, but very slowly. Probably the DSi based games will have a better chance to do so (KH:358/2D seems like its going very well in the graphic department.), so it can not be ruled out entirely of its ability to do so.

The new Smash saga idea would likely never come to pass for the Wii generation again, but some programmers are editing the game still for their own usage; What I had last seen, a patch for it has been made to play at a Melee speed, so likely next will be actually addition of characters? Its something they did forget to add, down loadable content for SSBB; Maybe the homebrew scene will change that? We will see later on on that.

Also earlier you said Nintendo will never release a 3-D Pokemon game, but may I remind you of the Pokemon arcade fighter in Japan? It uses the 4th generation starters and their evolutions in 3-D combat, so get your information straight when saying that Nintendo would never make a 3-D game; it is already out their, look for it.

Now, onto the actual topic again; I would be very glad to see them make a new Stadium game for the Wii, especially if they go back to the roots of the original games. It would be cool to see the new Gym Leader Tower and storyline for that, plu sa whole new mess of mini games to boot. We'll see what they do next, of course.

RT-9

Trophies
Website
www.trancecast.tk
XP
Country
Canada
...why keep talking about n64 ports:S because it never will happen...
maybe on the wii but never on the DS...

please close this topic, because this has been asked tooo many times

the ds nor dsi have not enough power te emulate n64

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No dont think this will ever happen, Although I think a Pokemon Stadium 3 for the Wii would be really cool. As long as it was like the first 2

*Would love to see Pokemon Stadium 1-2 on Wiiware too*

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't saying making a emulator for Pokemon Stadium.... I was saying that if anyone can make a Homebrew game that is LIKE Pokemon Stadium just no Voice.... Or port Pokemon Stadium 2 for DS.

RT-9

Trophies
Website
www.trancecast.tk
XP
Country
Canada
and now we are back where we started...even if someone will make something LIKE that...it will take a long LONG LOOOONG TIME before he could release it...i dont think you ever made homebrew...

(i guess you want it in 3D right?)

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have also heard a lot of things that it will also not work because of the little RAM of the DS. But what if we use the Extension Pack for this game?

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
I have also heard a lot of things that it will also not work because of the little RAM of the DS. But what if we use the Extension Pack for this game?

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's also the cpu as well. Just look at the minimum system requirements for Project64.
QUOTE* Intel Pentium 3 700Mhz or AMD Athlon 800Mhz CPU*
* 256MB system RAM
* 200MB free hard drive space + additional 20MB-100MB free hard drive space per game, depending on game and number of saves you make
* 100% Microsoft DirectX 7 compatible video, sound and input devices
* Microsoft Windows 98
* Microsoft DirectX 8

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it's safe to say that N64 won't be emulated on DS. I mean, I bet it's possible to get a game like Mario 64 running all buggy at a couple fps with terrible graphics, but it would take a lot of work for essentially nothing. Mario 64 DS? Not an N64 game, not a port. It's a remake.
An emulator specifically for one game? I'm sure there are other games that people would rather have on DS running, first. Also, if you can get pokemon stadium running, chances are you can get other games running, so just because it's designed specifically for one game doesn't make it any more possible.

A new pokemon stadium on DS? I would find that very, very, very unlikely(very unlikely, by the way). Like someone said, the whole point of Pokemon stadium is to see your pokemon battle in 3D on the television. I think they're sticking with platinum/pearl/diamond games on DS, and some other spin-offs. Maybe some future handheld will have a Pokemon with 3D battles, but even then, they'd most likely stay with the RPG format.

And a homebrew pokemon stadium... It would take a lot of work for a game like that to be enjoyable. Too much work for one idea that's even likely to not work out so well, I think. I mean... modeling all those pokemon specifically for DS? and programming? Not easy stuff.

I don't think there will be another Smash Bros. on Wii. I have no idea about a pokemon stadium, though. My guess is that there will be a new Pokemon game for Wii. Whether it would be a stadium game, or stadium-like game, I have no idea.
Also, is Pokemon Battle Revolution that bad?

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Why do people keep acting like the difference between a port and a remake is so huge? I have huge doubts that Mario 64 DS was built from scratch, so whether it's a port or a remake is quite irrelevant to the fact that it uses at least some fraction (likely a large fraction) of the original game's code ported to the DS. Adding some additional features doesn't mean there's no code from the original, and if Nintendo wanted to, I'm sure they could port plenty of games to the DS.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alexrose said:
jakob95 said:
It will be cool. You could also use your Pokemon from Diamond and Pearl also R/S/E. You could use your R/S/E pokemon by putting your game into slot 2 then like Migrate sort of like Diamond. To inport Pokemon from Diamond you can do this if you have 2 DS's you could send them like that. Or you can put your Pokemon Stadium game and press on Migrate from D/P then it will say please take out this gamecard and put in D/P then it will read the D/P then put your Stadium back and choose the Pokemon you want to copy.
You can't remove a card from your DS and put another one in. On top of that, what do you assume would happen even if this was possible? You take out the cart, put in the other cart (which never originally had any code on it to allow you to do this), the card is SOMEHOW read, then stores the data on the DS's magical invisible hard drive, then you swap it back?

If Nintendo make another Pokemon Stadium esque game, it'll be on Wii, not DS, and this will NEVER happen from homebrew. Noone in the homebrew scene would be able to make from scratch a full pokemon stadium game and it'd be impossible to make it compatible with any of your Pokemon gba/ds games.

"You have no right to stop that."

I'm sure every member on this forum has hundreds of game ideas, but they don't make threads for them because it's never gonna happen. If Nintendo were going to make this game, the fact that you'd posted a thread about it on GBATemp won't make a hell of difference, and it's obviously never going to happen in homebrew. If everyone posted their game ideas, this whole forum would be cluttered with crap. Oh here's an idea, get the zelda n64 games, stick the menu on the touch screen and everything else on the top screen. Maybe I should make a thread about it and repeatedly ask if there's any chance of Nintendo making it or if it could be ported.

If the DS doesn't have a hardrive then how do you save your your settings like your personal message and stuff then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it