ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

bdb4445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wouldn't need to start fresh, as long as you get the .sav file. Also, I do think the instant message code messes with patched roms. Why not just use the speed up hot key? It's under hotkey config.
I'm not sure what happened with it, but I first noticed the issue when I forgot to turn that code off (it warns DesMuMe users, so yeah). I just deleted the patched rom and simply re-patched it, so it does in fact load now.

I forgot to retrieve the save file beforehand, but I was considering a different team anyway. I should be able to get by with some other codes. You're right, the instant message code isn't really worth it.

Edit: Wait no, I still have it. This ain't too shabby.

seraphimon-sama9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Um, quick question. I'm hatching the Riolu egg I received, but it keeps showing as male. I want a female Riolu, due to my policy of only training female Pokemon. Is it possible to make it female?

Arrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Um, quick question. I'm hatching the Riolu egg I received, but it keeps showing as male. I want a female Riolu, due to my policy of only training female Pokemon. Is it possible to make it female?
Well, Riolu has a 87.5% chance of being male, and a 12.5% chance of being female. I don't know if the gender is set the moment you receive the egg though :/

jaypaw234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also having freezing problems when I try to 'talk' to Mew. Anyone know how to fix this?
EDIT: Cynthia won't activate the pixie trio's event when I try to show her the Red Chain. She activated the Lock Capsule, then nothing. Just kept on saying stuff about the Regi's.

holyherald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Drayno, I know that the way to trigger the final fight against Team Rocket at the Safari Zone is by talking to the fake Nurse Joy, but honestly, without reading this forum and learning through posts, I had no clue thats what was needed. Could you add in a hint dropped by Ariana? Perhaps her sarcastically saying, "Hope you have a chance to heal before then." It would clear up a lot of confusion. Thanks!

jaypaw234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG! i beat Red on my FIRST try! I did some nifty switching with my legends and took down his Pikachu in 1 hit, and his Snorlax in 2. His hardest Pokemon to take down was actually his Espeon. stupid thing wouldn't go down. But i DID IT! I have NEVER beaten Red in 1 try. NEVER. especially on a hack. I. Am. AMAZED.

heisenberrrg

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it keeps freezing in the part where you're saving the safari zone from team rocket. after the double battle with the guy with arcanine, it freezes

PetrucciJohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I wanted to share my experience with this hack. It clearly deserves a medal. The guy(s) who thought and realized this idea are geniuses!

Now, there's one bug I'd like to report. In the shellder/cloyster siege event in Fuschia, the last (shiny) cloyster is on the same spot as Nurse Joy. I managed to get the badge by playing an un-hacked version temporarily, but when I revert back to the hacked one, the cloysters are still there...
A possible solution to this would be to simply place the cloyster right next to nurse Joy. I do not know if the creator is still working on this, but if it is easy, can anyone tell me of another solution? I am using no$gba, if that matters.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Drayano

Jhon 591 here from ru.

First of all grate work on your project of Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver, very weldone.

Just to let you know in RGF update they was very sight extra AP found, although I'm not sure what it dose fix as I'm not in a habbit of playing through games, just to see.

But could be any of the issues mention through these pages, it could fix.

Anyway in the decompressed ARM9 with CT2, and recompressed back into ROM.

ARM9 memory at

0x0001A570 F8 D1 02 E0 -> C0 46 02 E0

Same with each game.

2hquiqa.png

Hope this helps, and all best in your future projects, Drwhojan/Jhon 591

Reactions: Drayano

italianspy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I downloaded this a while ago but only recently got around to finishing the hack. I absolutely love it, very challenging yet not impossible, and got a great team. The problem is, I got to fuchsia city, and headed for the pokemon centre first. I think this messed with the scripts and joy is in the same place as the shiny cloyster, but I cannot talk to the cloyster at all. Joy is also fighting the cloysters alongside Janine. I really want to finish this hack, is there a known fix? I'm playing on a flashcard (r4i) if that helps.

Unique

Rocket Grunt
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Something is wrong with Steven in Pewter City, He gave me the starters, but then refuses to accept my roaming Latios, so I can't get Enigma Crystal, he wants to battle all the time. Have to use AR code for enigma crystal. >.>

Gunruby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks a lot for all your hard work.

I'm just wondering about why you didnt give cloyster rock blast as a level up move. And also, does aerodactyl get anything from this hack, cuz i know that in bbvw2 he's got brave bird, head smash, and all that good stuff.

drdhracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't go down the stairs in the SS Aqua without my sprite glitching out and freezing at the next black screen. It keeps happening no matter how many times I reload. Anyway to fix this?

Unique

Rocket Grunt
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't go down the stairs in the SS Aqua without my sprite glitching out and freezing at the next black screen. It keeps happening no matter how many times I reload. Anyway to fix this?
This was fixed in the latest DeSmuME 0.9.9. you can get it from svn, If you are not emulating then, well can't help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!