ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

jdthebud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Dray,

First off, awesome hack you've here! I am loving it so far, though I have seem to hit a bit of a snag at Olivine city (much like other people have) and I can't seem to progress any further. So I got to a point after the safari zone quest where I tried beating Jasmine and lost. I had saved there and after turning off my game; some time passed before I played again.

After turning the game back on, I was surprised to find the Rocket Grunt blocking the Olivine gym again! Not only that, but ALL of the other events were reset, including ones where NPCs give you certain pokemon (surfing pikachu, starters, etc), only the Rocket quest was already registered as being done. The Rockets blocking the path on Route 47 were there, but the battles wouldnt initiate. . I scourged the boards here for an answer and tried a lot of different things.

I went back to the Rockets at the entrance to the zone to try and trigger the end of the quest. No luck

I flew to the safari zone and moved south and was able to fight and beat the Rocket boss again (Arianne? the red head). No luck.

I talked to the lady in the Pokecenter in Olivine to try and reset the flags. No luck.

I tried using different versions of the update, as well as using the clean rom and changing the name of the save file... You see where this is going..

I'm running out of ideas. The pokecenter lady only got rid of the Kimono lady blocking, but I still cant get the Olivine gym badge. I also can't manage to get AR codes to load to allow me to walk through walls, I'm mega-stuck.

I'm using version 1.05 and playing with my acekard2i flash card and had no other major issues up until this point. Is anyone else in the same boat as me?
I would try using a walk through walls cheat if you can and see if defeating Jasmine will do anything.

Travex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a random question about save states/how the game works in general that came up while playing this mod. How much of a battle is "predetermined"? I ask because when I load a save state mid-battle, if I choose the same action I always seem to get the same result. Early in the game I encountered an Abra, save stated, threw a pokeball, got two shakes followed by Abra teleporting away. I usually have to do this like 4-5 times before catching one in a regular game (without emulation/save stating). Anyway, so I loaded the save state and the exact same thing happens. Two shakes, teleport. I thought maybe it was bad luck but by the 30th try I realized that clearly I was not going to catch it this way. Did a random number generator roll "cant catch" as soon as the battle started? A similar thing happened later on when I encountered a Metang. Gengar used hypnosis but misses. I loaded 5 times and each time it missed. But Thunderbolt worked just fine. Again, I wonder if RNG determined the result of each of my 4 moves before I even made them. I spent half an hour on that Metang but was unable to catch it even at red life, asleep, and 30 ultraballs (including reloading several times if it KO'ed my Gengar). I suppose it also rolled "cant catch" so reloading my save state was useless.

hi its me

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a minor problem, I can't find the DeepSeaScale. The .pdf mentioned its on the beach near the Embedded tower in Route 47, but I have used the Dowsing Machine over every sandy beach and water tile and still cannot find it. Anyone know what the problem is?

Sorry if this has been brought up, 75 pages is quite a read.

pkmnlovergpp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As for what people have said about the TMs:
- Now, personally, I love the whole reusable thing about TMs in B/W; I felt it made it a lot more convenient to run certain teams and it's just a lot less hassle than previous generations where you might've had to go so far as to run through a game several times to get particularly good TMs. It's about convenience, really. I'm not too concerned about the possibility of it making things easier. There's also the fact I've already changed over half the TMs, so I'd have to start over AGAIN if I were to go back which would push back things even further. Before anyone tries asking, no, I am not doing a x1 TM version. You're more than welcome to limit yourself if you're worried about it being difficult, though.
- As for the PP concern, I will admit that one totally slipped my mind, but there's not a lot I can do about it. I find I quite rarely run out of PP though, even in the E4...
- The money won't be a problem, I intend to reduce every TM's worth to $0 (as Sylar said) so selling them will be useless.
There's no problem: I'm sure the second version of the hack will be perfect also with infinite TMs use (although I'd have preferred single TM uses).

I also noticed in this YouTube video that the battle against Lyra gives you 0$ as a reward: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPIAOxDYY8c
Is this intended or is it a bug?

I'm dumping it, I don't think I can make a storyline worth crap, haha. I'll just leave Arceus up to 'gameplay reasons', I think.

If it is not too much difficult... why don't you simply give (as you said some days ago in a post) a rematch team for Red? The second time you beat him (maybe he's not found anymore at the top of Mount Silver, but that's your choice) or when you beat him after getting a particular item/pokemon he could have a stronger lv.100 pokemon team.
I'll send you an message with some suggestions for a strong rematch team which can really make Red a very challenging trainer.

One last question... has the celebi event been fixed (because I really like it and it would be great to be able to complete it) in V2?

Thanks again for the great effort you're putting on this hack.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
That's an awesome hack that gives me more reason to play a HG\SS game instead of a Black\White [2] translated project, the plot changed made it hit like magic...
I just want to note a few bugs

* Steven at Pewter doesn't respond to my Latios...
* the game freezes [with sound being plaid even in sleep mode] after I interact with mew and it teleports, the screen still acts as though as I am still interacting with it..
* Celebi event freezes at a point near Tohjo falls

I will report more bugs as I keep tracking `em, I also somehow gained 435 Full Heals somewhere, though I wonder if it's a bug or not...
I hope those bugs will get fixed on your next release, you should update us as this project is getting very interesting and should get a lot of temper support!

jdthebud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a random question about save states/how the game works in general that came up while playing this mod. How much of a battle is "predetermined"? I ask because when I load a save state mid-battle, if I choose the same action I always seem to get the same result. Early in the game I encountered an Abra, save stated, threw a pokeball, got two shakes followed by Abra teleporting away. I usually have to do this like 4-5 times before catching one in a regular game (without emulation/save stating). Anyway, so I loaded the save state and the exact same thing happens. Two shakes, teleport. I thought maybe it was bad luck but by the 30th try I realized that clearly I was not going to catch it this way. Did a random number generator roll "cant catch" as soon as the battle started? A similar thing happened later on when I encountered a Metang. Gengar used hypnosis but misses. I loaded 5 times and each time it missed. But Thunderbolt worked just fine. Again, I wonder if RNG determined the result of each of my 4 moves before I even made them. I spent half an hour on that Metang but was unable to catch it even at red life, asleep, and 30 ultraballs (including reloading several times if it KO'ed my Gengar). I suppose it also rolled "cant catch" so reloading my save state was useless.
I have noticed that before as well, I hate that savestates don't work nearly as good as in VBA.

One thing I think I tried that worked was to use a different item/move and then throw a ball (for metang this might work, not for abra though), I think I also was able to do a savestate outside battle, walk immediately after loading it (taking same path) and every time I did that I would get the same Pokemon (i.e. Yanma in the great Marsh). I think I remember that the actions taken would have different results each time I encountered the Pokemon, so maybe try and manipulate that part.

Reactions: 1 person

aznamericansun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to say in advance that you are the best person on the planet for making this. i had been waiting forever for a hg/ss that didn't crash and this was perfect plus i love the additions. now i just got passed the elite four in johto and when the credits finish and its time to restart the cartridge, the rom doesn't run and i just get a white screen. i can load my last save but thats back before the credits. do you have any ideas? im gonna keep trying to figure out why the rom doesn't run normally.

im using desmume 9.8 for mac osx

tyty

holyherald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, great hack! I love all the changes. I do have one problem though, in your changes you list that Claydol can learn Fly, but in the game, it says Claydol cant learn Fly. Could you please change this in version 2? I'd really love to have a flying Claydol!

moshbear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mantyke fails to evolve to Mantine when a Remoraid is in the party. Either the Evolutionary Changes pdf is missing information or the evolution data got removed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: I hope it's not a week.