ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

Cerberus87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1) There's already a huge variety of Wild Pokémon anyway so I don't think that'd really be an issue if I choose the types properly, but I agree it is more labourious to implement than it appeared at first sight. Mostly because I have to do a load of file swapping, text changing, script editing etc to get it to work correctly. I might well just keep it the same, since I'm probably going to want to focus my efforts on BB2VW2 once I've got this fixed of its bugs.

2) Well, in the next version I'm intending to make it so whenever you receive a TM, you get 99 of it to give a psuedo-feel of infinite use TMs (since I can't seem to actually get them to work like they do in BW). Due to that I'll be removing them from the markets so that means I'll have plenty of spare space to put in extra items such as berries and evolution items, so yeah, that should work out pretty well actually. Though not many people need doubles of particular Pokémon, I gotta say o-o;

Hi Dray thanks for answering!

Have you tried to turn TMs into key item equivalents? This would make them infinite use.

Also, if you don't have space for items in shops, you can give the evolution items as hold items to a few select wild Pokémon like what happens with Magmarizer, Dragon Scale, etc. (which you can get in the wild, though higher chance to get them would be cool!). It's just a way to keep them infinite. And, well some people like having double of each Pokémon, because of movesets and different EV spreads.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have indeed, every attempt failed. Trust me, I tried quite a few times (along with help from elementking, who's a guy that knows a fair bit himself) but we couldn't get it to work. Most tests either resulted in them being consumed or being unable to be used. Generally the former, even as key items iirc.

Yeah, that's an idea too.

I'm always surprised when people want to do EVs and the like though, I never intended for my hacks to bother with any competitive stuff o-o; I guess you can EV train for the regular game, but I feel like it'd be too boring.

Reactions: 1 person

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm always surprised when people want to do EVs and the like though, I never intended for my hacks to bother with any competitive stuff o-o; I guess you can EV train for the regular game, but I feel like it'd be too boring.
Boring indeed :P
Also, I think I would be more inclined to the special clerks that sell TM's.

Cerberus87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmmm so TMs seem to be sort of hardcoded, that's unfortunate. I think the shops are the only way to go, then. That or something else that gives TMs infinitely, like the Game Corner.

About competitive battling, since you can use the hacks with flash carts, there's always the possibility of someone using them with PBR, which would give some use to multiple of the same Pokémon. I'm on an emulator, though. :D So I wish for the possibility of having multiple evolution items purely for roleplaying reasons, so that I don't have to resort to something like PokéGen or ActionReplay to give myself more items.

The Eevee thing sounds cool!

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hi Dray,

I played again and after the battle I got the call and didn't answer and it didn't freeze. But I have an doubt, did you make the Team Rocket Grunts Lose Dialog empty? Since after each battle, only their sprite appears and no dialog (stay on you defeated Grunt and Grunt) until the prize is given.

moshbear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dray, any update on whether the Ilex Fores Celebi quest works? As previously stated, the issue is a freeze when it gets to Giovanni in Tohjo Falls.

G_Sylar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey Dray, is there an easy way to change the white boxes that contain the pkmn name, level and health in fights with the black ones from platinum? Thanks.

bwburke94

Gotta hack 'em all!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I could probably lower the TM prices pretty easy (say, to 0?) to eliminate that problem, and if I take them out of the regular markets then the purchasing price won't be an issue. There's nothing stopping me from making special clerks for the TMs that have their own price costs, after all ;) So emulating the way B(2)W(2) charge you loads for a TM shouldn't be too much of an issue.

The only potential issue is that it still looks a bit untidy, but after BW and B2W2 it's hard to go back ;_;

I think I'm going to do away with the Legendary Trainer stuff too, that's a 'storyline' that never really went anywhere.

Hence, the Eevee is no longer a gift! Now it's an abandoned Pokémon. ;-; Wonder if I can build a sidequest around it...

YQF2s.png
This would also prevent you from having it before meeting Oak and battling Silver.
In other words, the Silver fight is 1 on 1 just like it's supposed to be.

By the way, I have a suggestion: Have your mother give you the Apricorn Box from the start, and replace the one in the Route 30 house with one of each Eeveelution stone. That frees the Sprout Tower reward to be something else.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Dray,

I played again and after the battle I got the call and didn't answer and it didn't freeze. But I have an doubt, did you make the Team Rocket Grunts Lose Dialog empty? Since after each battle, only their sprite appears and no dialog (stay on you defeated Grunt and Grunt) until the prize is given.
That's not a bug so much as a limitation; I have no idea how to add such text to the unused trainers since there's no spare slots in the xml that thenewpoketext spits out and the PPRE function for it doesn't work (and probably never will, given it's been permanently stuck at 0.14b for years now). It is annoying, but I can't do much about it.
Dray, any update on whether the Ilex Fores Celebi quest works? As previously stated, the issue is a freeze when it gets to Giovanni in Tohjo Falls.
Ah, I forgot about that issue. Added it in the buglist to make sure I don't forget it, it's probably still broken.

Hey Dray, is there an easy way to change the white boxes that contain the pkmn name, level and health in fights with the black ones from platinum? Thanks.
Not sure if it's easy or not but I imagine it's fully possible; I'd rather keep the white ones though for that HG/SS feel.

This would also prevent you from having it before meeting Oak and battling Silver.
In other words, the Silver fight is 1 on 1 just like it's supposed to be.

By the way, I have a suggestion: Have your mother give you the Apricorn Box from the start, and replace the one in the Route 30 house with one of each Eeveelution stone. That frees the Sprout Tower reward to be something else.
Well, at the moment it's still the same as before, although I could probably rearrange the Cut tree so you get it after the whole Silver episode instead. That's probably a fair point.

I kind of already made her give you a Soothe Bell; that and that is way too early for an Eeveelution stone imo, even if I am already pushing it with Sprout Tower. I'm fine with the sage just giving you both the stone and the Flash TM; seems to work and it saves me the effort of dredging up the script and moving it (when you have that many splits it's a bit annoying).

yamikaiba20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dray, so you're not planning on rearranging the gyms? If you don't do it for this hack, I think it'd be great if you could do it for your next hack. Although it'd be really interesting to do it in this hack since there are 16 (17 if you count the Fighting Dojo) gyms, which would make guessing what the next gym will be really fun.

Nuradin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have played this on my friends computer and it's amazing. But whenever I go into xDelta GUI to apply the patch at my hosue, I can't. I whenever I put the patch and my soulsilver rom in and press apply patch, nothing happens. Thoughts? Thanks.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate to be the one to ask this, but is there an ETA on the next update? I have yet to play this game....
Haha, sorry, I am taking stupidly long for this. I do apologise, I should have had an update ages ago, I keep getting distracted and/or losing motivation D= Anyway, that aside, I'm hoping to get the next patch out before the end of the month.

Dray, so you're not planning on rearranging the gyms? If you don't do it for this hack, I think it'd be great if you could do it for your next hack. Although it'd be really interesting to do it in this hack since there are 16 (17 if you count the Fighting Dojo) gyms, which would make guessing what the next gym will be really fun.
Well, I'm not for the next update, simply because it'll take too much time. I might consider it in the future, though, and yeah, I agree HG/SS would be the best games to do it in simply by virtue of the 16 gyms thing. Definitely makes it a bit more interesting than just 8.

My next hack is probably going to be BB2VW2, and since those gyms all have a unique outside appearance... I probably won't be able to apply it to that D:

This is an amazing hack, but I was wondering what you used to change the gym leaders pokemon?
I used PPRE to edit trainers.

I have played this on my friends computer and it's amazing. But whenever I go into xDelta GUI to apply the patch at my hosue, I can't. I whenever I put the patch and my soulsilver rom in and press apply patch, nothing happens. Thoughts? Thanks.
Depends; when you click apply patch by causing the button to go down, does it come back up immediately or is there a pause before it does so? If it's immediate, then the ROM you are using probably has the incorrect CRC and you'll need to obtain a different one. If it's a pause, then the patched rom is probably in a different folder instead; xdelta GUI does that for some reason now and then.

derryl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
Hey. I'm currently playing this rom on my Flashcart. I have enabled the 'High Speed Processing' cheat that came along with it. Iv'e noticed this causes the rom to freeze randomly just before Wild Pokemon battles. The screen blacks out but the music keeps playing. Any help to fix this would be appreciated.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I'm currently playing this rom on my Flashcart. I have enabled the 'High Speed Processing' cheat that came along with it. Iv'e noticed this causes the rom to freeze randomly just before Wild Pokemon battles. The screen blacks out but the music keeps playing. Any help to fix this would be appreciated.
I don't think that can be fixed. I've tried that cheat with the normal HG rom as well as in Platinum and they froze just like yours. I use an Acekard 2, if that matters.

Reactions: 1 person

theoblivinator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I could probably lower the TM prices pretty easy (say, to 0?) to eliminate that problem, and if I take them out of the regular markets then the purchasing price won't be an issue. There's nothing stopping me from making special clerks for the TMs that have their own price costs, after all ;) So emulating the way B(2)W(2) charge you loads for a TM shouldn't be too much of an issue.

The only potential issue is that it still looks a bit untidy, but after BW and B2W2 it's hard to go back ;_;

I think I'm going to do away with the Legendary Trainer stuff too, that's a 'storyline' that never really went anywhere.

Hence, the Eevee is no longer a gift! Now it's an abandoned Pokémon. ;-; Wonder if I can build a sidequest around it...

YQF2s.png

Does this mean you have to catch the Eevee? Or is it still free? Just asking because if you have to catch it, it would be unusuable for people such as myself who like to nuzlocke hacks like this.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not actually sure why this occurs, I assumed it was just the DS getting overtaxed but it does seem happen on ROMs too. Kind of weird...

I don't think that can be fixed. I've tried that cheat with the normal HG rom as well as in Platinum and they froze just like yours. I use an Acekard 2, if that matters.
There's a high processing code for Platinum? o-o

How do I add the cheat codes in the documents to the rom? I'm playing on an R4 with Wood.
You'll need to edit your usrcheat file that should be in one of the directories on your micro sd. You can use the R4 Cheat Code editor or R4CCE to do it.
Does this mean you have to catch the Eevee? Or is it still free? Just asking because if you have to catch it, it would be unusuable for people such as myself who like to nuzlocke hacks like this.
Nah, it's still a 'gift', technically. Don't worry, I kept that in mind; basically it says it's an abandoned Eevee and asks you if you want to let it join your party. (It also 'conveniently' has a Poké Ball 'attached' to it to eliminate a possible plot hole, although I can probably get rid of that if I do swap it so you can only get it once you can catch other Pokémon.)

derryl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
Thankyou :)
I guess i will play it without the code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay